Anderson Silva: Weidman deserves immediate rematch + thoughts on 1st fight

Obviously you care more than that if you're entering threads to read what he has to say, and responding no less.
I care about talking to people what I think about Anderson.
Holy shit there's always someone analyzing every aspect of a conversation in here, chill out.

And he fought better competition than Sival ever did. Quality over quantity. He also didn't ruin his legacy by being a steroid cheat.
One common opponent Vitor, then Machida and Anderson. As Anderson is a 'can' and cannot beat himself then Anderson doesn't count. So in essence Weidman scraped past one opponent…

This is a discussion about Weidman isn't it? Am I playing the game correctly?

I care about talking to people what I think about Anderson.
Holy shit there's always someone analyzing every aspect of a conversation in here, chill out.

It's not over analyzing, it's a very, very, basic observation.

One common opponent Vitor, then Machida and Anderson. As Anderson is a 'can' and cannot beat himself then Anderson doesn't count. So in essence Weidman scraped past one opponent…

This is a discussion about Weidman isn't it? Am I playing the game correctly?

Actually Anderson does count. It's not Weidman's fault Silva can't fight himself.

Weidman: Silva, Silva, Machida, Vitor and that >>>>>>> anything Silva ever did quality wise.

Then you got Silva being a proven cheater which ends the debate.

Actually Anderson does count. It's not Weidman's fault Silva can't fight himself.

Weidman: Silva, Silva, Machida, Vitor and that >>>>>>> anything Silva ever did quality wise.

But if Silva has only beaten cans Silva is no good, therefore Silva is an awful win. So then his record is can crusher Anderson, Old Vitor and Old Machida… Doesn't seem too impressive.

Watching logical circles like this is comical.

Jacare deserves title shot. 8-fight win streak if we don't count the Yoel fight. Jacare is getting screwed worse than Hendricks did when Diaz got title shot.

Weidman is a bigger draw than Jacare.
Nick Diaz is a bigger draw than Hendricks.

Matchmaking in a nutshell.
Jacare would be getting the title shot if he hadn't lost.

No doubt.

Doesn't want Weidman to get smashed...wants Weidman to win the title back so that MMA math works in his favor. I'm sure he wants a third match with Weidman, too. Beating Weidman for the belt would be sweeter than beating Rockhold.

No, I'm passionate about the fights, and love to watch someone who is also passionate about it fighting.
He prob likes dudes that like to watch him do his thing(cuckhold much?)

" Weidman is a great fighter with good jiu-jitsu and a modest striking" aha he had to slip that one

Well ... he is not wrong.

Weidman finally faces a guy who wasn't scared of his takedowns since the Maia fight and has his worst performance again ... since the Maia fight.

Coincidence? No.

His striking is vastly helped due to his high level TD threat and vicious GNP once it hits the mat.

Well ... he is not wrong.

Weidman finally faces a guy who wasn't scared of his takedowns since the Maia fight and has his worst performance again ... since the Maia fight.

Coincidence? No.

His striking is vastly helped due to his high level TD threat and vicious GNP once it hits the mat.

Yeah, Weidman's striking isn't anything special from other wrestle boxers like Mendes/Hendricks.

People just overrate it because he KO'd a clowning Silva and broke his leg.

His defense standing is very much the same as his defense off his back. He would have got KO'd by Belfort and Machida if he couldn't mix it up with his takedowns.

belfort-flurry-weidman.gif
tumblr_n8alq1cGZ21qaa8d1o5_250.gif

Last edited:
And he fought better competition than Sival ever did. Quality over quantity. He also didn't ruin his legacy by being a steroid cheat.

vs Vitor prior to USADA testing ...

Weidman at age 30 test shows he has the testorone levels of a dying 80 year old man.

USADA testing starts.

Weidman comes in smaller than ever when he knows he is facing the strongest and biggest MW of his entire career and is at 20% power according to him.

I wouldn't be too quick trashing Silva's failed test at 39 years of age coming off of a career ending injuring after seeing how Weidman has done in his prime (30-31 years of age) once he started getting tested.

Yeah, Weidman's striking isn't anything special from other wrestle boxers like Mendes/Hendricks.

People just overrate it because he KO'd a clowning Silva and broke his leg.

His defense standing is very much the same as his defense off his back. He would have got KO'd by Belfort and Machida if he couldn't mix it up with his takedowns.

belfort-flurry-weidman.gif
tumblr_n8alq1cGZ21qaa8d1o5_250.gif

He is probably lucky he didn't get to face TRT Vitor. Weidman had nothing for Vitor until Vitor gassed while on offense trying to finish Weidman.

TRT Vitor would have hit even harder and/or at least been able to keep it going longer.

Back