Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping - who won?

Who won?

• Total voters
Well that's it then, it's official sherdog thought Mike won, now we can all move on and respect the champ! Yeah Buddeh!!!

Apparently Anderson's knee should justify him having a 10-8 round by some posters here.

That looks like a 10-8 round for bisping right there

<{cruzshake}>
Damage kid....damage. You and the point-counting bitches have turned MMA into a farce.

Silva is a killer, not a point fighter.

I don't care what your opinion is, I asked you to explain how it's a 10-8 by the rules. Bisping had a knockdown on Silva btw, so 10-8 Bisping that round.

And who cares about yours? You can't see a Silva thread to go into it to discredit the man.....for one s.i.m.p.l.e reason: to discredit Silva and elevate GSP and his lousy weak run as GOAT.

That's so 2013....you are boring.

Legit shocked at this thread/how many people in here didn't watch the sport/fight then but are commenting anyway.

That is clearly what is going on when post after post after post says Anderson should have kept hitting him when he dropped. Yeah, no shit. Only there was a bell so he couldn't so...

Literally anyone that watched the fight knows this, so I have to assume all these people never watched the fight.

I think the thing is, had it been Hendo for example, he would have tried to land a haymaker from hell as soon as bisping dropped and it would have probably counted as a KO even if the second punch landed in tune or milliseconds after the bell, and the consensus would be that it doesn't matter as Bisping was finished with the knee.

Anyway I see it as karma for the cheap shot.

Bisping won the fight clairly according the unified rules that were in place during that fight. Plain and simple.
The discussion is not really who won the fight, but if round-by-round scoring is the best way to score a mma-fight.

You could get a 10-8 for a knockdown but it doesn't happen automatically like in boxing. That knee was pretty brutal though so I wouldn't fault a judge for giving him the 10-8.

Overall though, in this fight and in others, Anderson fights like he just doesn't care. I think it helps him rationalize the fact that he's not the dominant fighter he once was. If goes out there and just clowns around he can tell himself he only lost because he wasn't trying. In this fight his clowning lost him the decision. Vs Weidman it got him KTFO.

I think vs Weidman it was more that he thought himself invinsible at the time and didn't see Weidman as much if a threat. In the rematch he didn't do any clowning at all.

I'm not sure why he does it now... maybe you are right. However it could also be tactical. he should probaly have lost his last fight but the clowning around may have swayed the judges as it masks the long periods of inactivity and even deterred Brunson from pushing the pace which he cant keep up with anymore.

Either way the fact that he hasn't (or at least shouldn't) have won a fight in his last 6 is really sad. If I was a friend of his I would be calling for him to retire, but as a fan I still enjoy watching his fights for the small moments of brilliance he can still deliver.

Bisping won. Anderson threw that fight away though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bisping won that fight... BUT if Anderson had jumped on Bisping after the knee, there was time enough left in the round. He'd have been pulled off immediately and that would have been the finish.

The trajectory of the MW division would have changed somewhat if that had happened. But it didn't.

Rookie mistake by one of the best fighting minds ever in the sport.

Anderson won by ko, but Bisping went on to win by decision.

That's the spirit.

See, TS?

They both won. Everybody wins.

Why do we always need to bitch and moan about everything? Can't Sherdog just accept a happy ending?

I think vs Weidman it was more that he thought himself invinsible at the time and didn't see Weidman as much if a threat. In the rematch he didn't do any clowning at all.

I'm not sure why he does it now... maybe you are right. However it could also be tactical. he should probaly have lost his last fight but the clowning around may have swayed the judges as it masks the long periods of inactivity and even deterred Brunson from pushing the pace which he cant keep up with anymore.

Either way the fact that he hasn't (or at least shouldn't) have won a fight in his last 6 is really sad. If I was a friend of his I would be calling for him to retire, but as a fan I still enjoy watching his fights for the small moments of brilliance he can still deliver.
I'm a huge Anderson fan, but I never bought the strategy angle on his clowning. He did it because he was good enough to get away with it and it made for a good show. But him using feints and angles to get guys to make mistakes was a far better strategy than dropping his hands and sticking his chin out.

In my couch potato opinion...

@FlyingDropKick

See the majority of people think bisping won

I'm not the only person who thought he won.. hahaha

Back