Anderson Silva Taking PEDs Is Similar To...

All of his opponents were juiced.

Everyone at the top level is on the sauce.

In every sport.

When there's money and fame on the line it's human nature to juice.

Don't be so naive.

well then how is it that the vast majority of them are not getting busted while Anderson, one of the richest fighters in mma by far, with full access to top of the line stuff, is getting busted and not them?

And lets not compare pre and post USADA. Of course most of them were before.

well then how is it that the vast majority of them are not getting busted while Anderson, one of the richest fighters in mma by far, with full access to top of the line stuff, is getting busted and not them?

And lets not compare pre and post USADA. Of course most of them were before.

It's easy as hell to pass a drug test.

Warch the documentary on how sophisticated lances doping program was.

The only way you get caught is by stupidity or your number gets called for some really horrible luck and you don't have a way out. like Jon Jones hiding under the ring.

If the MMA Media and fans can say stuff like "Mike Bisping deserved a big money fight with GSP" (when there is murderers row of challengers waiting for him), then I can say "Anderson Silva earned the right to take PEDs to fix his severely broken leg."

Except that this particular ped that he took is known to weaken the bones (hint : probably was using it before he broke his leg and might be the main reason he did break it) and Silva's own defense was about taking dick pills so no, he didn't take those PEDs to heal his injury. Stop being a blind fanboy.

some of you will never understand the amount of pain it is to have your leg snapped in half.

if that shit happened to me, give me all the PED's in the world to fix that horrific injury.

I broke my leg so bad that bones were sticking out of the skin in three different spots.

Thai sex pills were not part of my rehabilitation

I broke my leg so bad that bones were sticking out of the skin in three different spots.

Thai sex pills were not part of my rehabilitation
I doubt it was anywhere near as serious as Anderson's injury.

I doubt it was anywhere near as serious as Anderson's injury.

Breaking completely through both bones in your leg in 3 different places is pretty serious.

Would you rather Anderson's injury... or have your leg crushed and shattered by a 300 lb slab of granite?

Breaking completely through both bones in your leg in 3 different places is pretty serious.

Would you rather Anderson's injury... or have your leg crushed and shattered by a 300 lb slab of granite?
my leg crushed and shatter doesn't seem so bad compared to Anderson's injury.

did you not hear him screaming afterwards?

my leg crushed and shatter doesn't seem so bad compared to Anderson's injury.

did you not hear him screaming afterwards?

Yup. I screamed as well.

You do realize I'm talking about the same injury, right?

The only difference between his injury and mine was that I broke the bones in multiple locations and they were open fractures that protruded through the skin. I'm not sure how you can think that is more pleasant in any way lol

Oh yeah, and the whole almost bleeding to death part.

I was going to argue with you but then I saw you wrote "Period." and I realized I had already lost.
Good excuse. But you can still make your counter argument.
The most telling difference between Anderson Silva and Peyton Manning is that NFL Media respect their legends and protect their legacies. In comparison, MMA Media is just filled with Sherdog usernames pretending to be real journalists.

I give Ariel Helwani his props, because he is very skilled with interviews. I give Luke Thomas a little bit of props, but he needs to be more professional.

The rest are just as good as any Sherdog username.

34o644l.jpg
If you need clarification, ask for it. My point isn't that difficult to grasp.

Saying that something that enhances athletic performance is not good for the sport doesn't make sense, unless you want to use a religious/moral argument (which are very fickle and subject to change with time).

Good excuse. But you can still make your counter argument.
The most telling difference between Anderson Silva and Peyton Manning is that NFL Media respect their legends and protect their legacies. In comparison, MMA Media is just filled with Sherdog usernames pretending to be real journalists.

I give Ariel Helwani his props, because he is very skilled with interviews. I give Luke Thomas a little bit of props, but he needs to be more professional.

The rest are just as good as any Sherdog username.

You say that as if respecting legends and protecting legacies is the job of a "real journalist" when the reality is the precise opposite.

Real journalists are about finding and delivering the truth, not about producing "easy-listening" puff narratives designed to portray sportsmen as demigods.

Saying that something that enhances athletic performance is not good for the sport doesn't make sense, unless you want to use a religious/moral argument (which are very fickle and subject to change with time).

Professional sport is a business. If something is not good for business it's not good for the sport. The paying audience prefers to regard its athletes as competing without PEDs. Thus the moral argument is tied inextricably to the business decision, which IS the sporting decision.

And yes, these sorts of moral decisions do change with time, and thus sports change with time. That is as it should be.

Bro, Come on.....He is a pro athlete, making millions
Lol, really? You think every athlete did roids? Griffey? Cain? I mean there are guys who could have saved their careers with roids and didn't to stay clean. You're stance is weak, sorry.

Back