Anderson Silva reminisce on win against Chael Sonnen at UFC 117

Crazy how Anderson Silva destroyed the greatest doper in MMA 2X. Chael Sonnen is the only man in MMA to have tested positive for steroids, hGH and EPO, combined.
Chael has 3 10-8 rounds against anderson and won 5 rounds against anderson total. Anderson only won 2 against Chael. Chael destroyed and exposed Anderson. Still undefeated and undisputed

Chael has 3 10-8 rounds against anderson and won 5 rounds against anderson total. Anderson only won 2 against Chael. Chael destroyed and exposed Anderson. Still undefeated and undisputed
Rounds are fairly useless. MMA is a simulated deathmatch and Anderson simulated Chael's death 2X. The 10-point system is flawed and will be extinct in the next decades. All facts

Rounds are fairly useless. MMA is a simulated deathmatch and Anderson simulated Chael's death 2X. The 10-point system is flawed and will be extinct in the next decades. All facts

The point system is a corruption of the original spirit of the sport.

The GSP point-counting BS is complete nonsense and anti-MMA.

They were both equally juiced so it was an even playing field. Silva wouldn't have won if he wasn't on steroids.

I could be wrong but as I recall Anderson passed his tests while Chael posted what at the time was the highest T:E Ratio ever recorded in the UFC. But yeah, you're probably right. I mean he did start testing positive after suffering a brutal injury at 40 years of age but I'm sure that was just a coincidence and he was a life long users despite never failing a test as a champion during the time when basically only fighters involved in title fights were consistently tested.

I don't care if both were taking enough roids to bring Rich Piana back from the dead, that was an amazing fight. Chael was a good villain. Anderson showed why he's one of the GOATs.

murrican test vs brazilian acai

clash of the titans..

miss those days..

Did Sonnen tap though? I feel like that was more Sonnen losing than Anderson winning in a way. Let him have wristcontrol for a long time and then fake tapped to what looked like a pretty loose triangle.

Could have been fatigue, but more likely there is some self image problem. Or that he is afraid that the feeling of being champion would just leave him empty without something to strive for.

Ah the days Anderson fans called Sonnen all the names under the sun after he failed a drug test now it’s everyone on PED’s.

In a deathmatch there isn't a ref to stand you up every 5 minutes

I still remember watching that fight. He really pulled a miracle with that sub, however that's what dominate champions do.

8 of Silva's 16 wins would have been a no contest had the opponent won...
There’s no proof for many of those claims where as there is for Sonnen after he lost the first fight.

Back