Anderson Silva reminisce on win against Chael Sonnen at UFC 117

And you guys who are calling Anderson a PED cheat do realize Chael was completely juiced to the gills in this fight right?

Crazy how Anderson Silva destroyed the greatest doper in MMA 2X. Chael Sonnen is the only man in MMA to have tested positive for steroids, hGH and EPO, combined.

They were both equally juiced so it was an even playing field. Silva wouldn't have won if he wasn't on steroids.

One of the greatest title fights ever

Crazy how Anderson Silva destroyed the greatest doper in MMA 2X. Chael Sonnen is the only man in MMA to have tested positive for steroids, hGH and EPO, combined.

That in it self is very impressive.
You have convinced me, Chael is GOAT.

Anderson beat Chael in that fight??

"In what parallel universe do you hit a man 300 times, he wraps his legs around your head for 8 seconds and they declare him the winner?

In my hometown of West Linn Oregon if you wrap your legs around a man's head for 8 seconds that makes you"

*about to say "a :eek::eek::eek:"*

"...

not a winner"

One of the greatest moments in MMA history.
Funny thing is if you predicted that Silva would win via triangle it would've sounded 100% believable given how many times he's been tapped that way.

But to see it happen like that was something else.

spiderandersonsilva(Chael Sonnen) I consider myself a man of honor, great and incredible opponent. I had the opportunity to fight with one of the best of the category, he undoubtedly and a notable opponent. After a lot of provocation we entered the octagon, the fight began with the biblical screaming euphoric, in less than a minute "Sonnen" plays the first blow that left me knocked up standing, after that sonnen gives me a fall and stayed for three minutes sticking hard blows on the ground and pound. The first five minutes Sonnen hit me with 31 meaningful strokes, I responded with just four relevant strokes. It was in the face that the victory was Sonnen's first round. The difficulty was so much to breathe that in just the first ten seconds of the 2round Sonnen once again managed to apply me another fall taking me a great advantage the fight more caught than the first five minutes, my opponent "Sonnen" was able to give me 15 blunt blows, I already answered with only seven goals. All the advantage was for "Sonnen" it was clear.
While the fight remained standing it seemed that I would have more chances to win, already in the third round sonnen gets one more fall very easily again leaving me in an inferior situation with wisdom and experience hangs the apparent struggle already won mind to lead to better in five minutes.
After another round with ample dominance of my opponent I was able to hear the first cries of the cheering cheering Sonnen "Oracle Arena" California. In the statistics 21 strokes for "Sonnen" and only three mine.
At that moment I already knew that I had lost the first three rounds, I felt that my situation was getting even worse.
In the penultimate round, I tried to get more aggressive, I got to hit good punches and even a shooking elbow shaken my opponent, but the fight once again goes to the ground, again my opponent takes care of the octagon. For being the most balanced round so far my opponent Sonnen hit 16 strokes that I managed to respond with only 11 powerful strokes, another round for "Sonnen", was getting closer to the belt.
At the beginning of the fifth and final round, I just remembered the promise I made to my master!

I remember this fight more than any other due to the amount of strokes involved.

Awesome fight between two juiceheads. In all seriousness, it was one of the best fights of 2010.

Fight happened in 2010. He was certainly juiced up during that time, even more than now.
So no...
When did Silva fail a test in 2010?

Sonnen had 16:1 testosterone ratio and Andy had injured ribs for that fight. And the GOAT still finished the extremely juiced Chael.

Powerful strokes

When did Silva fail a test in 2010?

Sonnen had 16:1 testosterone ratio and Andy had injured ribs for that fight. And the GOAT still finished the extremely juiced Chael.

Just because he didn't fail that test doesn't mean he wasn't on them.
The testing wasn't strict at the time and only caught someone on the extreme like Sonnen.
Silva was definitely cheating not only in this fight but throughout his entire career.

Says who?
Silva himself.

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

Just because he didn't fail that test doesn't mean he wasn't on them.
The testing wasn't strict at the time and only caught someone on the extreme like Sonnen.
Silva was definitely cheating not only in this fight but throughout his entire career.

Says who?
Silva himself.

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg
No failed tests during his prime. Cleared by USADA. GOAT.

ACD58092-4B36-460E-A5A3-8E1EB0985B1C.gif

No failed tests during his prime. Cleared by USADA. GOAT.

View attachment 441111

Yep. He was a squeaky clean fighter throughout his career.
Then when stricter testing was introduced he thought of taking steroids for whatever reason. Makes sense right?
He's been busted and punished twice.

That quote I posted sums up the man completely. He knows about them because he's been using his whole life, but it doesn't apply to him because he's filthy hypocrite.
Goat fraud.

wtf kind of fan of the sports comes to shit on of the greatest fights of all time with this PED bs talk?
It was a different time and a great fight. how many fights from recent years you can name that left the same impact or feeling?

There are moments in fight time that will be unparallelled, when it all comes together, when you're left speechless, I watched that fight in a bar in Montreal, that triangle moment was unbelievable, the entire bar just exploded in an unbelievable moment of unison.

wtf kind of fan of the sports comes to shit on of the greatest fights of all time with this PED bs talk?
It was a different time and a great fight. how many fights from recent years you can name that left the same impact or feeling?
Andy has a lot of haters and is better than their favorite fighters. Is normal.

Back