Anderson Silva has had more boring fights than GSP.

Even in defeat he is boring. Gives up before allowing the fight to take its course.

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

Lol did TS just go through anderson's UFC record and picked out all his decision wins?

how about you do the same with GSP's decision wins?

which list is longer? I'll wait.

WTF? People really believe the Diaz fight was boring???
It created some memorable momens.

But at the time, it was the most frustrating thing ever.

We were hoping to see Nick pressuring Silva and Silva countering in a real war, instead barely got any fighting at all.

One thing I remember about that whole card was that it was supposedly like 100 degrees fahrenheit. (Wasn't it in Abu Dhabi?)

I'm thinking a five round fight under those conditions would taper off at the end regardless of the fighters involved.

Yup. Frankie Edgar gave 2 fucks about the sun though, lol

Silva had more highlights and more lowlights (in terms of entertainment, not skill) at the same time.

But at least GSP was almost always attacking.
Silva was fine with just taunting and nothing happening at all.

Silva had more highlights and more lowlights (in terms of entertainment, not skill) at the same time.

But at least GSP was almost always attacking.
Silva was fine with just taunting and nothing happening at all.
Good post

Its a mix really, Anderson has more really crappy fights but also more really fun fights.

To be fair, GSP does not have many fights like:
1. Silva vs Franklin x2
2. Silva vs Leben
3. Silva vs Lutter
4. Silva vs Marquardt
5. Silva vs Henderson
6. Silva vs Irvin
7. Silva vs Griffin
8. Silva vs Sonnen x2
9. Silva vs Belfort
10. Silva vs Okami
11. Silva vs Bonnar

All dynamic finishes in varieties of ways.......... Lets be honest, if we are comparing the two for exciting fights, its not even close. I still consider GSP the GOAT.

tbh we can talk about some of these fights.

Leben: exciting fighter but always limited and with no other skills than durability and chin, a fight booked to make Silva shine against a perfectly suited opponent
Lutter: a fight in which he pulled off a finish but a fight that he was losing
Henderson: he lost the first round decisively, then he pulled out another finish
Irvin: a "circus "fight between a huge MW and a really mediocre fighter that couldn't cut anymore
Griffin: while way better than Irvin we are talking about a fighter never considered really "elite", his heart and his TUF participation were the reasons of his popularity (and his "win" against Rampage is still debatable, while i think judges scored correctly as i can remember)
Sonnen: first fight was almost embarrassing, the second one started same way before Sonnen went full retard (on top of that i still think Sonnen talked his way to the ts)
Bonnar: like Griffin, he was evenpretty much retired att, never been a A grade fighter, even at his peak before TUF

GSP may be "boring" but his only fight in which he looked like he cannot impose his will was the last defense against Hendrix, a huge WW who literally fell in a downward spiral after USADA and that embarrassed himself with the talk about steroid and the WADA stuff before the fight.
On top of that i cannot remember an undeserved contender for GSP, Diaz apart, even Hardy - who was nowhere near a legit ts - was the best fighter available between the ones GSP had not already beaten.

Silva playing the air guitar vs Maia > Anything GSP ever did

Prove_Me_Wrong.jpg

1. Silva vs Leites
2. Silva vs Maia
3. Silva vs Diaz
4. Silva vs Brunson

Those fights should be shown at insomnia clinics.

method=get&s=gsp-02-04-2016-17-8-0-755.png
Last 2 fights mentioned are past his prime Anderson...so during his lengthy title reign , you came up with a lousy 2 fights that weren't exciting (and both were agsinst elite bjj practitioners)

Good job- give yourself a hand.

Meanwhile....on the other side of town, why even buy a Gsp ppv- double leg,humpage---- decision win (rinse and repeat)
Fun fact- 5 of Gsp 's title defenses ended up with his opponent pressing charges for attempted rape.

And on the other hand, GSP's most exciting fight would have never even made it into Anderson's top 10.

The Hughes rematch when George’s first took the belt was a masterpiece, I doubt Anderson couldn’t have handled Hughes as easily then.

And Anderson had the luck of MW being weak amen not having a lot of real killers challenging him.

Would have like to see the hendicks that fought GSP fight Anderson. That might have told us somethings. CHeal took into to him until the end. Hendricks might have laid his ass out.

Irrelevant. Anderson is a cheating fraud.

The Hughes rematch when George’s first took the belt was a masterpiece, I doubt Anderson couldn’t have handled Hughes as easily then.

And Anderson had the luck of MW being weak amen not having a lot of real killers challenging him.

Would have like to see the hendicks that fought GSP fight Anderson. That might have told us somethings. CHeal took into to him until the end. Hendricks might have laid his ass out.
Lol

Rich would've ragdolled the much smaller Hughes--- what do you think freekn Anderson would've done to Matt ?
What's wrong with you people?

Anderson ducked Hughes, and GSP back then and chose to go to the UFC Middleweight division instead. Not that anyone can blame him. Middleweight was the MUCH easier and more wide open division in the UFC back then.

Back