Anderson Silva agrees to fight Conor McGregor at 180lbs catchweight

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Sorry if already been posted couldn't find it

“I just waiting,” Silva told TMZ. “I accept the challenge for Conor.

“I think Dana needs to think about this. It’s two big guys in this sport, two big names. Two big legends, and, why not?”

“It’s not about money, Conor. It’s about martial arts challenge.”

“I think 180 [pounds] for me is good”, “I think for Conor, too. Because that’s a superfight. It’s not about weight class.”

“I don’t believe Conor win [against Khabib],” Silva said. “Definitely not. In a rematch, I don’t believe that. I believe in, Conor need to fight with me. That’s a good fight.”

My two cents: funny that he always refused to cut even 1 pound away from 185 to fight GSP but now he's ready to cut to 180 for the McGregor paycheck and dares to say "it's not about money". I've lost so much respect for Silva in the last 3 years with the Peds fiasco and now this. He's making a joke of himself.

He never refused to fight GSP at a Catchweight and even said he would meet Georges at 170.

I'm not sure how serious he is about this Conor thing though, Anderson has been known to troll quite a bit in the past and he doesn't really need the money. He was paid very well to fight DC on like 30 hours notice at 200 and you may recall not that long ago when it came to fighters getting paid the response was always the "That Anderson Silva Money" GIF.

Would be pretty funny to see all the "Conor by KO, Anderson has no chin" get a brutal reality check in the form of a rag dolling and brutal destruction via brutal knee's from the Thai clinch.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the weight difference and how stupid the talk about this fight is but I think he fought at 170 in Shooto as that was their MW limit and not 185 but that was a very long time ago.
yeah i'm sure you're right on that. I'm not even too sure Conor really wants to fight again at 155lbs. Him thinking about fighting Anderson Silva says to me he is intending to continue to gain weight.
Conor likes to be a little bit unpredictable and surprise people, I think that's part of his psyche.

Conor would have to get a lidell belly or wear weighted clothes dbz style to make that weight

<Lmaoo>

Please... no more drugs for this man.

Would watch hahaha Is it weird that I think Conor catches him hahaha

Sorry if already been posted couldn't find it

“I just waiting,” Silva told TMZ. “I accept the challenge for Conor.

“I think Dana needs to think about this. It’s two big guys in this sport, two big names. Two big legends, and, why not?”

“It’s not about money, Conor. It’s about martial arts challenge.”

“I think 180 [pounds] for me is good”, “I think for Conor, too. Because that’s a superfight. It’s not about weight class.”

“I don’t believe Conor win [against Khabib],” Silva said. “Definitely not. In a rematch, I don’t believe that. I believe in, Conor need to fight with me. That’s a good fight.”

My two cents: funny that he always refused to cut even 1 pound away from 185 to fight GSP but now he's ready to cut to 180 for the McGregor paycheck and dares to say "it's not about money". I've lost so much respect for Silva in the last 3 years with the Peds fiasco and now this. He's making a joke of himself.

silva was ready to fight at catchweight with gsp but gsp didnt want any of it. dont act a fool

The fight could happen at 185 lbs though, doesn't have to be at a catchweight. 171-185 lbs is middleweight, Conor could easily come at 171 (or 172, w/e) and let Anderson have a few pounds on him, to make it fair.

War Spider
<{silvanormal}>
I'm not disagreeing with you about the weight difference and how stupid the talk about this fight is but I think he fought at 170 in Shooto as that was their MW limit and not 185 but that was a very long time ago.
He defeated the #1 WW in the world, Hayato Sakurai (Mach), to become the Shooto 168 lbs champion.

No, it’s not. Silva is trolling as usual. The fight doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.
To be fair, in the leadup to 229 McGregor told Ariel that he wanted to fight Anderson because it would be a "damn good fight". He's the one who brought it up, not Anderson.

EDIT: Actually I just remembered Anderson brought it up like 2 years ago. But still.

Anderson has a weakness against punches from the left side. And Conor has the best in the biz

eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

w1MGrp4.gif

Good lord, is this what it has come too

sneer-cat.jpg

Turning UFC into Bellator? I dont think picking on lightweights looks good for Andy and it makes no sense to fight him for Conor.

He barely even got up to 170 and you think he can get up to 180 lol

Hespect to Anderson his English has improved. I'm sure about the fight with Conor though, he seem too big for Conor.

He better challange Khabib at that weight and get smashed.

Not a money fight for Conor and he’s giving up so much reach and height that it wouldn’t be funny. Also Conor would need to be roiding to reach 180.

Back