Anderson reveals rib injury in the fight against Weidman - "I was 85%"

I remember hearing that he was in fact hurt a few weeks out of that Weidman fight. I am surprised it took this long for it to come out though

Nothing, but they asked him about it so he answered. Notice how there were rumors about it being hurt before and then it was never mentioned until he was asked.

Sadly, this won't sink in with most people. There's hatin' to be done -- no time for rational thought.

These injuries that doesn't prevent a fighter from being able to compete is common among fighters. Some may be worse than others. But it's kinda tiresome when it is elaborated upon in media after a loss. Even though Silva is quick to say it had nothing to do with his performance... just the fact that it got mentioned becomes an excuse whether it is or not.

chris had a long ass layoff coming back from an injury. he was 78%

I think before the fights on ppvs, when they show the graphic that has height, weight age reach etc, they should add an extra one at the bottom of the list that says %

I think he's trolling here guys

I don't doubt he was injured, but I don't think it was too much of a factor in the fight, so maybe that's why he didn't bring it up earlier. He's not using it as an excuse. He gave major props to Weidman and ackowledged his technical mistakes.

People still love to hate on the guy, though. Amazing.

Man I wish he said 70% would have been classic

Duck-Sauce-Charlie-Sheen-Spinstyles-Bi-Winning-Edit.jpg

He should have kept it to himself. It makes no difference in the outcome of the fight, and regardless he says it's no excuse for his performance, the only thing this does is stir things up.

the last time he said he had a rib injury in a fight, he came back and destroyed sonnen in the rematch. so who knows lol

Back