Anderson and Pel

Not quite related to the topic, but I can remember a few years after I had started Training I would see Pele fighting in Pride and some Vale Tudo Fights. Years later, I saw Anderson in Pride and Cage Rage and thought it was Pele. The resemblance was remarkable. The spider was about 20lbs or so lighter, but his style and mannerisms (back then) were identical to Pele.

i know that a lot of people will jump on me...i respect anderson as a fighter very much, but outside the cage.....he is too arogant and, personally, i dont like him as a person. he is very commercial and you can see that he is fake in the relation with the fans
my god just a phony and horrible person..

Anderson said Pele intentionally drove in a puddle and got Andy's daughter wet. If that's true, bad on Pele; but if it's not, Pele has a right to be angry. No way of knowing for sure.

Pele is a vale tudo legend, today he is old and would probably get knocked out, back in the day it would be a different story.

Also lol@all you fuckers dissing him for getting knocked out by Ellenburger, Jake would knock Anderaon the fuck out if he hit him flush on the chin too you blind nuthuggers, dude has the power to put anyone out if he lands flush, just like guys such as manhoef, does not matter who the fuck you are guys with that kind of power will put anyone down if they can land their punch on the right spot

Bullshit. lol

He'd never come close to chin checking Silva, anyways. Too tall, too long of a reach for Ellenberger.

"but soon came a car full of security guards, saying there would be no fight"

Andy has a personal security team?....wow, so that's where all that "Anderson Silva money" is going to.

"but soon came a car full of security guards, saying there would be no fight"

Andy has a personal security team?....wow, so that's where all that "Anderson Silva money" is going to.

Yeah more evidence that this story is bs.

Not quite related to the topic, but I can remember a few years after I had started Training I would see Pele fighting in Pride and some Vale Tudo Fights. Years later, I saw Anderson in Pride and Cage Rage and thought it was Pele. The resemblance was remarkable. The spider was about 20lbs or so lighter, but his style and mannerisms (back then) were identical to Pele.

Yep, the resemblance in their fighting styles is remarkable. I think Anderson picked up a lot from Pele and from their two MT fights. Prime Pele vs Prime Anderson would be crazy. Muay Thai, MMA, whatever. Prime Pele was a beast

(Prime Anderson even more so)

He beat him 2 times in muay thai, anderson is butthurt cause of his super stardom in mma, and pele is a shell of him former self both guys should act according to their positions in life and get a hold of themselves...

Would you just move on in life if you beat your nemesis and then watched him rise to stardom?

Lol at Anderson having class.
I'd say he's a pretty classy guy, but hey what do I know? he only took the worst Sonnen had to throw at him and let it all role off (and then invite him to a BBQ at his house)

Pele is a joke
No, he's not. Pele is a legend, but he's old and wants to stay relevant. Beating Anderson Silva is the accomplishment of a lifetime and he wants people to remember that (and who knows? there probably is real animosity between them).
have some compassion

Interesting to see so many people saying 'Pele is a joke' or 'Pele you got knocked out by Ellenberger so stfu LOL'

Pele beat Anderson Silva in 2/2 Muay Thai fights. No, Anderson wasn't in his prime at that point, but he got outstruck. He also learned a lot from Pele and his own stand-up style bears a striking resemblance. In his prime, Pele was one of the best strikers on the planet IMO

And yeah, Anderson's ended up being arguably the best best mixed martial artist of all time - why wouldn't you remind people you beat him twice? Give the dude a break

Back