And this weeks most useless move goes to...

LMAO

Frode - you know that guy did a documentary on my old KK dojo - that was recorded at my old dojo (not there anymore).

I'll PM you the link.

- After spending years and years watching pro-wrestling, power-rangers and martial-arts movies, and i never thought about that move.

:(

I might use this, I see a potential heelhook, its like a variant of X guard sweep

NhiALxH_zps6x80pchf.gif

I once stopped by a school near my then apartment, and flags were raised when the guy told me they NEVER sparred because they would seriously injure each other (that was always my opening question back before I only did MMA/Boxing type gyms, "do you spar and how hard?")

Then the owner showed me a picture of his "master" posing on a street and told me he had just jumped off a __ (4?) storey building in the photo and used his chi to protect him on the landing. Dude was smiling like "eh? yaaa? pretty amazing?"

Needless to say I joined their cult and trained their until my untimely death at the hands of kool-aid.

FFS this was in BOSTON, the home of Peter Welch, Sityodtong, basically all the suburb guys like Micky Ward, Kenny Florian, Joe Lauzon, etc. And this guy had the nerve to tell me this to my goddam face without laughing.

His literally looks like a move I'd invent when I was 10 and was making up my own martial art style with my friends.

Somehow it reminds of Saenchai's cartwheel kick. No trolling.

LMAO

Frode - you know that guy did a documentary on my old KK dojo - that was recorded at my old dojo (not there anymore).

I'll PM you the link.
I watched some of that clip of your old KK school. What do you think of the level of skill in training with other experiences to contrast it too?

The group exercises looked like they learning to put clarity in mechanics and power, but the higher level gloved sparing looked clean if not 100% going at it.That's taking into account that most people aren't psycho masichists like us who like to pound each other into dog snot, LOL!

I can see the casuals in the classes that train but tone it down.

All right guys. New week. New video.

Dat uppercut. He filled the room with it.

lol, did he try to "cut" him with his hand like its a blade (2nd move)? lolz
Dammit! Comments section is disabled

Those elaborate hero fantasy technique combinations are always as hilarious. Apparently the assumption is always that the first strike is deadly enough to completely paralyze your opponent but keep him standing in the same position.... and same with the following 5 punches. Some dark magic right there.

I watched some of that clip of your old KK school. What do you think of the level of skill in training with other experiences to contrast it too?

The group exercises looked like they learning to put clarity in mechanics and power, but the higher level gloved sparing looked clean if not 100% going at it.That's taking into account that most people aren't psycho masichists like us who like to pound each other into dog snot, LOL!

I can see the casuals in the classes that train but tone it down.

I think that the level of conditioning, toughness & skill with techniques was pretty damn high in comparison to other places I've been to.

I mean I still remember how banged up I use to feel after every lesson - nearly every session was intense - almost like a spartan training program.

I mean if you watch that Kihon - prior to doing that we'd usually to HIIT sprints that would have everyone gasping for breath - then endless amounts of Kihon till we couldn't even lift our legs high anymore, followed by padwork and then a water break before about 30mins of sparring right at the end.

In my experience it was the best KK dojo I've ever been at (no disrespect to the other dojos I've attended) - of course @Tayski would say Bethnal Green is the best lol.

The sparring was very good as well - because nearly everyone in that dojo was bigger than me - so I was pushed every week in a good way. I learnt a lot from the higher grades in sparring as well.

PTSD flashbacks to my own kihon days. Always thought it was useless and a massive waste of time, sometimes even counter-productive.

Funnily enough - I use to think it was a waste of time too but now I kind of think it's just as important as kumite especially for training balance/coordination with technique - hell at the worse it's a great way to warmup for pad work & sparring.

Most of the best Kyokushin kickers credit kihon for their ability to kick (Matsui, Midori, Narushima etc).

Funnily enough - I use to think it was a waste of time too but now I kind of think it's just as important as kumite especially for training balance/coordination with technique - hell at the worse it's a great way to warmup for pad work & sparring.

Most of the best Kyokushin kickers credit kihon for their ability to kick (Matsui, Midori, Narushima etc).
Oh, I've heard of people crediting kihon for their success in tournaments too etc (like one 65kg guy who won the open weight tournament in Japan said his preparation consisted of kihon and kata), but I'm not convinced. People tend to praise whatever it is they're doing for their success, even if it's not beneficial or even if it's hindering the progress (a phenomenon very visible with all the special diets, for example)

I don't see it having any advantages over shadowboxing but plenty of disadvantages.

Back