And there we have it

Affenschädel

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Conor's going to be 20lbs heavier than Floyd in the ring. And that's the only chance he has. If he wins, it will be the biggest win in combat sports ever due to weight cut cheating.

Yes, it's within the rules. But it is taken to extremes these days, creates and unfair playing field, and should just simply be forbidden.

Victor Ortiz had better than 20 pounds on Floyd.

Victor Ortiz had better than 20 pounds on Floyd.

He was in the mid 160s, much like Maidana the first time, Oscar, likely Cotto, and Canelo. The weight difference would be a signifiacnt point if Conor had any kind of gas tank, infighting ability, boxing experience, etc, but alas, he doesn't.

Doesn't matter, Conor won't KO Floyd and he'll gas by the 5th. Death by a thousand pitter-patter brittle-handed punches.

Yes, it's within the rules. But it is taken to extremes these days, creates and unfair playing field, and should just simply be forbidden.

I disagree. Cutting that much weight isn't free and everyone is aloud to do it. Guys like Floyd and Ward don't cut weight because they don't want to. It's their choice to fight what they know are bigger guys.

Doesn't matter, Conor won't KO Floyd and he'll gas by the 5th. Death by a thousand pitter-patter brittle-handed punches.
Paulie said Conor came out really strong in the 11th and 12th rounds

Conor's going to be 20lbs heavier than Floyd in the ring. And that's the only chance he has. If he wins, it will be the biggest win in combat sports ever due to weight cut cheating.

It's not cheating at all and it's a well proven fact that weight cutting is more dangerous for the guy doing it than it is for the opponent. It shortens careers and can cause all kinds of health issues. If you do it really poorly even once you can actually die.

Which is why all the major belts have different ways of fighting against it. Like the 60 day weight checks and 30 day weight checks and 15 day weight checks all of which have to be within certain limits. One of the belts demands a weight limit the morning of the actual fight.

The thing is this is a fucking joke of a fight for no belts between a retired boxing wizard and someone who has never boxed as a pro with gloves that should have never been sanctioned in the first place because they are too small for the weight.

I disagree. Cutting that much weight isn't free and everyone is aloud to do it. Guys like Floyd and Ward don't cut weight because they don't want to. It's their choice to fight what they know are bigger guys.

For most of his career Ward has been the larger fighter at 168. Finally he's fighting at his natural weight at 175. He's an average sized LHW. And Floyd is an average sized WW.

From the look of his ruddy face, this guy needs to lay off the sauce. He's also over 40 years old...time to take out the lip ring my man. Too old for Warped Tour.

It's not cheating at all and it's a well proven fact that weight cutting is more dangerous for the guy doing it than it is for the opponent. It shortens careers and can cause all kinds of health issues. If you do it really poorly even once you can actually die.

Which is why all the major belts have different ways of fighting against it. Like the 60 day weight checks and 30 day weight checks and 15 day weight checks all of which have to be within certain limits. One of the belts demands a weight limit the morning of the actual fight.

The thing is this is a fucking joke of a fight for no belts between a retired boxing wizard and someone who has never boxed as a pro with gloves that should have never been sanctioned in the first place because they are too small for the weight.
I'm actually OK with the fight BECAUSE no belts are on the line. This fight really doesn't have much of an effect on boxing outside the shit talk from mma fans which will stop about 3 weeks after Floyd clowns McGregor.

McGregor could have 40 pounds on him and it wouldn't make a difference. The talent gap is too wide.

For most of his career Ward has been the larger fighter at 168. Finally he's fighting at his natural weight at 175. He's an average sized LHW. And Floyd is an average sized WW.
This is just hilariously inaccurate.

Why the fuck do people like you think Ward is a big guy? He doesnt cut weight. He didnt cut weight at 168 either. He was about 175 walking around and drops some pounds in camp.

This is just hilariously inaccurate.

Why the fuck do people like you think Ward is a big guy? He doesnt cut weight. He didnt cut weight at 168 either. He was about 175 walking around and drops some pounds in camp.
Yup, Ward is a 168lber fighting at 175, and Floyd's always been an average sized ww at best, imo. I would say they're both a bit undersized for their weight classes, esp Ward.

Meanwhile everyone who has faced floyd has said he hits hard.

is this still a thing?

are people still saying floyd is going to run the whole fight as well?

And size does not matter when you're the 0-0 bum version of Mayorga.

Average? Floyd tends to weigh in for his WW fights between 147 and 150. For comparison, Mosley weighed in 160 for the Margarito fight. Ortiz weighed in the 160 vs. Floyd. Berto comes in anywhere from 153 to 160. Margarito himself used to come in in the high 150s. Kell Brook comes in pretty heavy. Spence. etc.

Coming in the ring right around the welterweight limit isn't average, imo. At least not past a certain level. Guys like Floyd, Pac and Judah are outliers.

I don't disagree at all that those guys fight at a weight that doesn't require them to really cut any weight. I know I don't disagree with that because that's what I originally said. And that's a choice they make.

Lol. Love how narratives change with Floyd. I thought usually it's Floyd making bigger guys come down to him so they will be sucked out and no gas tank. Now it's weight cut cheating to be bigger than your opponent ?

Lol. Love how narratives change with Floyd. I thought usually it's Floyd making bigger guys come down to him so they will be sucked out and no gas tank. Now it's weight cut cheating to be bigger than your opponent ?

Yeah but you're a wrassler, you ppl love to almost kill yourselves cutting weight.

Back