And LeBanner is back...

• Thread starter Deleted member 535377
  • Start date
I always liked Le Banner's style - formally, is he considered a karate guy with boxing? His style/tactics looks kinda dutch.

How come he never managed to win K1?

Had an awesome k1 career just,just never won a gp
He was my fave back in the day

Since when did stating fact become trolling?
All of the Judoka I've met (in MMA clubs) have been exceptional at defending the takedown or controlling the standup wrestling.
I don't know how often he practices his Judo, but judging from that fight; not very often.

8l5ndxroa2sz.jpg

He will fight (former) KSW HW Champ Marcin Rozalski
Clearly the hight of western civilization.

I always liked Le Banner's style - formally, is he considered a karate guy with boxing? His style/tactics looks kinda dutch.

How come he never managed to win K1?
Hoost broke Lebanner's arm on the 2001 final (or 2002) when I believe Lebanner reached his best prime.
After that he was never the same, the injuries came back, he did manage a few good runs at the WGP but he either got his arm broken again or faced Semmy Schilt who was the GOAT.

Check my HL "K-1 Kings The Champions" on yt if you want a highlight of all K1 finals. You'll see Lebanner's journey

Since when did stating fact become trolling?

You're not stating a fact here, you're arrogantly shitting on something legit for some unknown reason. At least give us the courtesy of explaining why you think "judo sucks".

All of the Judoka I've met (in MMA clubs) have been exceptional at defending the takedown or controlling the standup wrestling.
I don't know how often he practices his Judo, but judging from that fight; not very often.

His judo background was when he was a kid...

You're not stating a fact here, you're arrogantly shitting on something legit for some unknown reason. At least give us the courtesy of explaining why you think "judo sucks".
C'mon man I've already been through this countless times. The facts are there and its suck level has been fully established.

Last edited:
Hoost broke Lebanner's arm on the 2001 final (or 2002) when I believe Lebanner reached his best prime.
After that he was never the same, the injuries came back, he did manage a few good runs at the WGP but he either got his arm broken again or faced Semmy Schilt who was the GOAT.

Check my HL "K-1 Kings The Champions" on yt if you want a highlight of all K1 finals. You'll see Lebanner's journey

Nice. I was reading Karate Shokushi Kohinata Minoru (the manga) and JLB is (the basis of) one of the characters.

C'mon man I've already been through this countless times. The facts are there and its suck level has been fully established.

I guess I'm just gonna have to leave it there as you don't even have the decency to point us towards a link / thread / whatever it is that shows that it's been "fully established" that "judo sucks". It's the first time I've read this on this forum, and I've been around a little while.

Some guys just wont quit. I like rozalski but idk how the fight goes. Would watch.

39 vs 44.

See how Hoost looked when he was 37 compared to when he fought Fujimoto.
Based on age alone, you would have to pick the 39 year old and that might be all that matters.

Speed, reflexes, countering ability go way down aging up, escpecially after 40.

He did look good in his last fight ( despite the loss ), so maybe, just maybe he can surprise us although that might be wishful thinking.

39 vs 44.

See how Hoost looked when he was 37 compared to when he fought Fujimoto.
Based on age alone, you would have to pick the 39 year old and that might be all that matters.

Speed, reflexes, countering ability go way down aging up, escpecially after 40.

He did look good in his last fight ( despite the loss ), so maybe, just maybe he can surprise us although that might be wishful thinking.

Never count out Le Banner, even at this age he could KO anyone.

Back