Ancient Aliens

motorboatJones

Bird Law
@Black
Reaction score
I used to laugh this nonsense off but I have been watching it lately mainly because it does raise some very interesting questions and I like they way they don't shy away from religion.

Example, there was an episode, a repeat, that went into evolution and the part aliens might have played in man's development.

Ever wonder why man went from being basically a hairy ape to being almost hairless? Has any other animal evolved that way? From hair to no hair to using other animals hair to keep warm? How did our brains develop so fast and get so large? Why are we the only animal that has language skills? Communication by animals is not the same as language and teaching a monkey to sign is still not the same as language. How did we go from an ape to sending men to the moon in a relatively short time?

Ancient Aliens thinks aliens came here and altered our DNA. I think that's kind of hokey but they did ask all those interesting questions.

I think I will continue to watch that show just to give me something to think about.

maxresdefault.jpg

The human evolution is nothing compared to many mammals. That's just stoner logic.
Whales used to be land-bound wolves.
That>>>Hairy-to-not that hairy

ufc_on_fuel_tv_sanchez_vs_Ellenberger_16.jpg

And yeah those questions are interesting, which is why I've always been fascinated by evolutionary biology moreso than other subdisciplines (though they all are informed by evolutionary bio these days). Pretty incredible what can happen given large enough periods of time, evolutionary pressure, and genetic mutation/variation.

Good watch:

One of the few episodes I watched was hilarious. They found that some south-american civilization was trying to build a "flying machine".
"WHERE WOULD THEY GET SUCH AN IDEA!?!?"
Yeah, because Birds have never existed.

I was looking up Nephilim the other day after it was mentioned on Ancient Aliens. I have a very good friend who is a religious fanatic who talks about nephilim, illuminati, etc so I wanted to learn more about it. I found this while researching.

Like I said I have always thought those UFO/ancient alien guys were kooks. I also said I like some of the questions they raise though.

I have no idea how we got here where we are going and I don't think any one really does. I guess that's half the fun/mystery/irony.

[YT]44WCpGvz6ck[/YT]

How did the aliens who sped up our evolution get so advanced themselves? Natural evolution? Then why think we couldn't do it? If you think even more advanced aliens helped them evolve, how did the more advanced aliens evolve to be so intelligent? I could go on..

The human evolution is nothing compared to many mammals. That's just stoner logic.
Whales used to be land-bound wolves.
That>>>Hairy-to-not that hairy

Lol i was about to say exactly this.

I hate that show with a passion. Its entire premise basically boils down to “Your non-European ancestors were too stupid to do anything interesting by themselves, so it must’ve been FUCKING ALIENS that did it for them”.

It’s the most condescending bullshit I’ve ever heard. Shows like this are the reason the History Channel lost all credibility with me. I only gave Vikings a shot because its fiction and Katheryn Winnick is crazy hot.

I can't believe they have done 4 or 5 seasons where everything on earth is because of ancient aliens. Where are these aliens now? I guess it's not much different from religion. You would think they would run out of things that aliens are responsible for but I guess not.

its a pretty cool show, but some of the stuff is a bit radical

I have only seen a few episodes, but the worse on I saw was about the Japanese Katana sword. According to the show it was so advanced at the time, it must have been alien technology. I just shook my head, turned off the TV and vouched to never watch another episode again.

If something happened it was because of the AA's. Deal with it.

how did the aliens who sped up our evolution get so advanced themselves? Natural evolution? Then why think we couldn't do it? If you think even more advanced aliens helped them evolve, how did the more advanced aliens evolve to be so intelligent? I could go on..

ramen. .

Good watch:

One of the few episodes I watched was hilarious. They found that some south-american civilization was trying to build a "flying machine".
"WHERE WOULD THEY GET SUCH AN IDEA!?!?"
Yeah, because Birds have never existed.

Here goes three hours of my afternoon.

Humans have hair in all the places monkeys do, it's just a little thinner. Orcas also have a language, and dolphins do too. We are physically very weak so intelligence was the desired gene that prevailed. There is no alien intervention necessary.

Is
9148130.jpg

really any crazier to believe than

5kJl0vM.jpg

?

Personally, I find "Ancient Aliens" to be less of a crazy concept than God/Religion. Haven't watched much of this particular show, so maybe they're just fucking around for the sake of comedy, but who knows.

Is
9148130.jpg

5kJl0vM.jpg

?

Personally, I find "Ancient Aliens" to be less of a crazy concept than God/Religion. Haven't watched much of this particular show, so maybe they're just fucking around for the sake of comedy, but who knows.

Yeah its almost the same, religion just gets crazier because they have more "claims" like their version of God is the one who created the universe and that same God does not like it when teens masturbates.

Is
9148130.jpg

5kJl0vM.jpg

?

im not religious but i notice that you use the pope to have a dig at all religions being 'crazy'. why is it never an image of Mohammed?

thats honestly not a dig at you. everyone does it. it just pisses me off that its always christians that people bring up to poke fun at when they are trying to debunk religion.

Back