Analyzing Champs: Stipe Miocic

Wrestling and takedowns should be B at least maybe B+, he may not be the best wrestler in the world but he's surely one of the better ones at HW and he's shown it against Overeem and Hunt (dominantly against Hunt).

Demolishing prime JDS twice, stopping Lesnar and Big Nog in the 1st round. Cain's career has been underwhelming because of his health, but his prime is as good as anyone ever. The JDS that Stipe beat at UFC 211 was a shell of his former self.
Cain gets credit for beating zombie nog but stipe gets no credit for beating JDS, Werdum, Hunt and Overeem? GTFO

Point of these threads will be to give unbiased analysis of UFC champs while grading their abilities, and breaking down their flaws.

Stipe Miocic: 17-2-0; five fight win streak; two title defenses.

Power: A
Speed: B-
(Good for a HW but nothing special)
Stamina/cardio: B+
timing/accuracy: B+
Durability: A-
Recovery: A
Striking: A+
Striking defense: B-
Wrestling: C+/B-
(Once again good for a HW but nothing crazy)
Takedowns: C+/B-
Takedown defense: C+?

Ground defense: C?
Submissions: F (...duh)

Weaknesses:
Stipe is a very dominant HW but his lack of versatility could be troublesome for him. In HW standing up and trading blows is a dangerous game to play. Bringing fights to the ground would help him to preserve the condition of his chin.

Any critiques, objections, or grievances?
Stipe doesn't stand and trade. He hits people and they go to sleep

Stipe will be beaten soundly by both a healthy? Cain and Ngannou. He's never impressed me, and nothing about him stands out except his calm demeanour. He has never faced the best versions of anyone he's fought. I think he's a nice guy and easy to root for, but he doesn't strike me as an all-time great like Fedor, Cain etc
His footwork and methodical crisp punches don't impress you? I think he has the potential to be an all time great .....his above mentioned assets are top of the pile for heavy weight.....only thing I really want to see improve is his striking defense

Stipe is a top level wrestler, one of the best in the division. His well roundedness is one of his best attributes.

He can outstrike wrestlers and can wrestle the guys who present too many problems standing
Yup I feel like stipes wrestling is mad underrated because of his awesome stand up. I think he uses wrestling in reverse a la Chuck ( R.I.P Chuck's chin). Also his footwork and crisp jab, right straight hook combo is so dope. Keeps guys on there back foot and on defense to the point where the are afraid or unable to shoot successfully. I always tune in when the fireman comes to burn the other heavyweights down. Then he has to leave to remodel the kitchen tho :)

he's obviously good but its kinda hard to tell just how good because the division is so bad. similar to mighty mouse.

His submission defence is really good according to Schaub. He mentioned on JRE that nobody could submit him during practice.

Also escaping Overeem's guillotine is a highlight in itself

His footwork and methodical crisp punches don't impress you? I think he has the potential to be an all time great .....his above mentioned assets are top of the pile for heavy weight.....only thing I really want to see improve is his striking defense
His hands impress me a lot. His foot work and defense do not. He has amazing stand up, but his foot work and defense are not what they could be. He's not bad, I just think the aspects that he lacks are the one's he needs to improve to have longevity as HW champ

Wrestling and takedowns should be B at least maybe B+, he may not be the best wrestler in the world but he's surely one of the better ones at HW and he's shown it against Overeem and Hunt (dominantly against Hunt).
I'll bump up his wrestling, but not is takedowns. His control is great but his takedowns are not all that impressive. If you have any particular example to show otherwise, I will be glad to shift me stance on the matter

Point of these threads will be to give unbiased analysis of UFC champs while grading their abilities, and breaking down their flaws.

Stipe Miocic: 17-2-0; five fight win streak; two title defenses.

Power: A
Speed: B-
(Good for a HW but nothing special)
Stamina/cardio: B+
timing/accuracy: B+
Durability: A-
Recovery: A
Striking: A+
Striking defense: B-
(Edit)Wrestling: B-/B
Takedowns: C+/B-
Takedown defense: C+?

Ground defense: C?
Submissions: F (...duh)

Weaknesses:
Stipe is a very dominant HW but his lack of versatility could be troublesome for him. In HW standing up and trading blows is a dangerous game to play. Bringing fights to the ground would help him to preserve the condition of his chin.

Any critiques, objections, or grievances?

I agree with everything you said. His downfall will be that he gets hit to much like you said. He's been dropped multiple times. Eventually he will ge ko by maybe a lesser opponent. Any HW can ko each other.

I agree with everything you said. His downfall will be that he gets hit to much like you said. He's been dropped multiple times. Eventually he will ge ko by maybe a lesser opponent. Any HW can ko each other.
I hope he lasts long enough to make history

His hands impress me a lot. His foot work and defense do not. He has amazing stand up, but his foot work and defense are not what they could be. He's not bad, I just think the aspects that he lacks are the one's he needs to improve to have longevity as HW champ
I agree that his defense is definitely lacking which probably has to do somewhat with his footwork lacking.
Maybe it's just because hw are so plodding and have bad footwork that I thinks his is good. I will have to rewatch some of his fights to update my sherbro analysis.

I definitely agree too be undefeated over more then 2 more fights he has to tighten up that defense. I think he can do it though it just seems like he is way less injury prone then other hw. Maybe it is less Ware and tear then other guys or maybe he just trains smarter instead of harder.

Long story short I am excited to see how great he can be and believe in his potential. War Stipe

TS rankings seem pretty good. You left out personality though. F- personality

TS rankings seem pretty good. You left out personality though. F- personality
Hahaha I actually thought about adding that stat but I would get shit for my opinion on other champs.

Stipe's personality: C- (he's a good guy but that pretty much all you can say about him)

Back