Analysing Khabib Nurmagomedov skills

winbyzulu

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
If the real reason why Khabib struggled so much against Tibau was the PEDS and weight(muscle) difference, plus Tibau grappling experience, does that mean that Khabib have very slim chances against welterweights like Woodley, GSP, Colby, where he will not have the weight/strength advantage?

I have very little knowledge in wrestling/sambo, but I realize that khabib is world class, but his fight against Tibau made me think if the gap in skills is really that big in comparison with other fighters.

obs: sorry, english is not my first language.

If the real reason why Khabib struggled so much against Tibau was the PEDS and weight(muscle) difference, plus Tibau grappling experience, does that mean that Khabib have very slim chances against welterweights like Woodley, GSP, Colby, where he will not have the weight/strength advantage?

I have very little knowledge in wrestling/sambo, but I realize that khabib is world class, but his fight against Tibau made me think if the gap in skills is really that big in comparison with other fighters.

obs: sorry, english is not my first language.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...stern-european-career.3830345/#post-144836697

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...e-anatomy-of-a-fighter-khabib-part-1.3844333/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...e-anatomy-of-a-fighter-khabib-part-2.3844507/

I think its been documented he had to learn to fight in a cage vs ring.

That was his 2nd fight in a cage

Those 3 wrestlers are bigger. If Conor can stuff a fresh round 1 Khabib then he absolutely will be out muscled by GSP, Woodley and Colby.

This monster will not be pushed around.
A3A5B02A-25F2-4F9A-83DE-FE1E2256E85B.jpeg

Last edited:
Tibau has some of the best defensive wrestling in MMA history, looked about a weight division above Khabib on fight night, and has better TDD than GSP.

Noobs.

Relax, Khabib was like 23 and hadn't fought in a cage until that year. Tibau did a good job keeping it on the feet, but it's not like he did anything himself. This was like 6 1/2 years ago and just a few months after Khabib made his debut and he still managed to control him against the cage most of the fight. It's just the one case where he didn't completely ragdoll someone so people pretend like Khabib got beat up or something.

Colby got taken down multiple times by RDA and controlled... Why are you putting his TDD in the same group as Woodley and GSP ? Khabib smashes Colby and gets beat via decision by GSP and Tyron

I do think he'd lose to GSP and Woodley but so would just about anyone else on the planet who could make 170

I think its been documented he had to learn to fight in a cage vs ring.

That was his 2nd fight in a cage

He also hadn't started training at AKA yet. He switched to aka right after that fight.

Tibau has some of the best defensive wrestling in MMA history, looked about a weight division above Khabib on fight night, and has better TDD than GSP.

Noobs.

He also hadn't started training at AKA yet. He switched to aka right after that fight.

<bball2>
This thread:

giphy.gif

Why does nobody take into account that the Tibau fight was 7 years ago, a green Khabib that hadn't moved to AKA? Khabib is much bigger now and his chain wrestling has clearly gotten much better since then too.

Those 3 wrestlers are bigger. If Conor can stuff a fresh round 1 Khabib then he absolutely will be out muscled by GSP, Woodley and Colby.

This monster will not be pushed around.
View attachment 454101
I could see that happening but you have also to think about how khabib could perform if he wasn't completely deflated by the weight cut ?!

its pretty much common knowledge. but here is a few key points.

1. blanket

2. pillow fist

3. panic wrestler

4. awkward striking

5. decisions decision's

6. welterweight fighting at lightweight

7. father made him wrestle bears as a child

8. manager is isis or Taliban

9. first 16 fights are no named cab drivers from Russia

10. not as good at wrestling as gleison tibau

11. would rather box Floyd than fight tony

12. fights for #legacy

13 pays the homeless to humiliate themselves

14. cannot control his anger, (jumps over cage to attack hecklers post fight)

15. bullies smaller fighters. (Artem the goat lobov)

16. associates with criminals

17. likes tiramisu.

18. pulled out of 50% of fights with tony feguson

19. fought a real estate agent to win lightweight belt

20. fought a liquor salesman in his first title defense

21. extremely arrogant after defeating liquor salesman

22. liquor salesman is highest ranked fighter ever to compete with

23. no one has ever seen his wife (must really be a looker)

24. devout muslim, will not fight or train during Ramadan

25. has had 11 ufc fights in 10 years with the company

26. will be stripped of belt due to inactivity

27. begged liquor salesman to defend or vacate, now will neither defend or vacate

28. will retire if defeated

29. from Dagestan but carries Russian flag

30. would not get off bus when confronted by angry liquor salesman

31. had bum life completely changed for the better by liquor salesman.

32. still needs liquor salesman to stay relevant

Back