An interesting interview

proncley

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mike is pretty fucked up today, but there was a time when his mind was very sharp. This is one of the best interviews I've seen with a boxer, if not the best. I can't recall one interview with Muhammad Ali that I listened to so anxiously.

I liked the part at 17:55 "what did the referee say" - "He said absolutely nothing". And Mike is right when you watch the end of round 6 of that fight.

Relatively. Meaning he was intelligent and its quite a difference when you hear him today.

You dont have to weigh every word you dipshit.

Dipshit? Now do you actually dip the shit?
Mike was never of sharp mind FOH...his best friend was a pigeon growing up

Mike had a sharp mind??

Mike is sharp, even still. He just weighs and measures everything he says now. Every reaction is through a filter so that he doesn't wreck everything and be unable to make money off of his celebrity.

You come across like an idiot.

You come across as someone who doesnt know how to judge people correctly nor do you know how to use words correctly so since mike is sharp and im an idiot, ill take that as im a genius

Who says that a discussion was intented? I merely pointed out an Interview. But every thread needs a poster who pisses around, so you did your job. You're not entirely useless.

Thanks for the interview, good watch

Mike is sharp, even still. He just weighs and measures everything he says now. Every reaction is through a filter so that he doesn't wreck everything and be unable to make money off of his celebrity.
I think it's a bit of both. Boxing/head trauma/age etc dulled him a little bit, but that filter you mentioned is definitely at play too.

edit: Tyson refers to himself as being 5'11 at around the 17-18 minute mark. I'm mentioning that just because there was a thread on here recently about his height.

Last edited:
Who says that a discussion was intented? I merely pointed out an Interview. But every thread needs a poster who pisses around, so you did your job. You're not entirely useless.

Your thread is useless and your definition of the word sharp is hilarious

I like how you didnt quote me.

I like this thread. Any wonder everyone thinks Strange King a troll? I troll at times, but this is just being a little cunt.

Iron Mike reminded me of Professor Brian Cox is this interview.

Profound.

Mike is pretty fucked up today, but there was a time when his mind was very sharp. This is one of the best interviews I've seen with a boxer, if not the best. I can't recall one interview with Muhammad Ali that I listened to so anxiously.

I liked the part at 17:55 "what did the referee say" - "He said absolutely nothing". And Mike is right when you watch the end of round 6 of that fight.

Ali was smarter than Mike in and outside the ring. Mike Tyson was very smart though

I agree a bit with this.
I don't think Mike is dull minded now.. I think he's very deliberate with what he says.

I remember when Ralph Wiley Claimed in his book, serenity, that Mike was smarter than Ali, this was early in Mike's career, Pre-title career, he even supported Mike before the rape trial, after it was all over, around 2003, he finally dismissed him as a loon and said the sport would miss him still. In terms of his intelligence, his early interviews, in fact the earlier you go, the clearer he was. some people are like that and some people are the opposite, some people seem clearer and more lucid when they are old. Elvis, in his early interviews was humble, modest and insightful, he was often but not always that way later on. Eddie Murphy said about himself in the 80's "it's like watching a different person".

Back