Among the GOATs, who has the best 2 wins?

Gus a better win than Shogun?

He's easily a better win. Shogun was already checked out by the time JBJ devoured him, its rare actually seeing a champion so defeated come fight night, he knew JBJ was gonna kill him.

Aldo - Edgar 2X, Mendes 2X

Anderson - Hendo, Vitor

Fedor - Big Nog 2X, Cro Cop

Jones - DC, Gus

DJ - Benavidez 2X, Dodson 2X

GSP - Hughes 2X, Penn 2X

Aldo probably, but Fedor is certainly in the question.

If you consider how much more dangerous HW are, and the room for making errors is so much less. His win over Cro Cop was probably more impressive as a stand alone, than any of Aldo's win.

Having said that, Aldo Mendes 2 is top 3 UFC fights of all time IMO.

Dude I'm still eagerly waiting for MM vs Cariaso 2 to headline a ppv card. Hopefully this year.

Perfect timing to throw in Jacare vs Cacamozzi 3, as the co main event.

<5>
No disrespect to Jacare but he doesnt deserve to be co main when the main is GOAT

Conor - Aldo, Alvarez, Holloway, Mendes, Porier & Diaz.

Last edited:
No disrespect to Jacare but he doesnt deserve to be co main when the main is GOAT

I am sure Cariaso would be humble enough to welcome a peasant like Jacare on a card he headlines.

Jones beating DC and Gus, juice or not, are better wins than any other fighter.

"win"
hqdefault.jpg

Back to back?
Aldo.

Overall ?
Fedor

Minotauro was literally unbeatable until he faced Fedor.

48-47,48-47,49-46
Yeah dude is a troll, just ignore him.

It is obv jones with dc 2x and Gus/shogun

GSP is right there too with Hughes and Penn/Condit

Aldo too with edger, Mendes/faber/lamas

Those are the three imo!

Yeah dude is a troll, just ignore him.

It is obv jones with dc 2x and Gus/shogun

GSP is right there too with Hughes and Penn/Condit

Aldo too with edger, Mendes/faber/lamas

Those are the three imo!

Jones only has 1 win over DC because he failed his drug test again in the rematch

Aldo - Edgar 2X, Mendes 2X

Anderson - Hendo, Vitor

Fedor - Big Nog 2X, Cro Cop

Jones - DC, Gus

DJ - Benavidez 2X, Dodson 2X

GSP - Hughes 2X, Penn 2X

4005445cb323b5bf16dc4bed4895ba77.jpg

fedor-vs-henderson.0.jpg

I would say Fedor and Shogun. But Hendo has many impressive wins to choose from.

ufc-139-shogun-hendo1_vice_670.jpg

Dude I'm still eagerly waiting for MM vs Cariaso 2 to headline a ppv card. Hopefully this year.

Perfect timing to throw in Jacare vs Cacamozzi 3, as the co main event.

<5>
Cariaso retired and just taught my Thai Boxing class last week. Not surprised, as most casuals don't know who he is or that he doesn't fight any longer.

Jones beating DC and Gus, juice or not, are better wins than any other fighter.
Shogun has the better MMA resume being former champion and pride Grand Prix champion, that might be Jones's top 2.

It's gotta be at the time of the fight and the relevance of it. We can't just say over all because if that's the case we are gonna keep getting a lot of Jones' vs Gus win is better than Fedor vs Nog and Cro Cop win bullshit. I mean seriously people? At the time of the fight, Fedor vs Nog has to be the biggest win of all considering Nog NOT Fedor was the champion and seen as unbeatable. Fedors win over Cro Cop also ranks high because at the time and still to the day is one of the greatest heavyweight fights of all time.

Back