Amir Khan V Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez 155lbs May 7th

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Herrera is a pretty good step up for Gomez. Maybe too much.

Herrera is a pretty good step up for Gomez. Maybe too much.
I think Gomez fails the test. Herrera makes him look silly in there.
Seems like Roach hasn't improved him at all.

giphy.gif

Khan is getting out boxed and knocked out.

He isn't a good enough boxer to out point Canelo, he doesn't hit hard enough to hurt him and he doesn't defend well enough to avoid getting knocked out.

The idea that he can come into the ring and steal the fight on the back foot is stupid, not only is he not good enough to do that, but he's not going to be as fast as he was at 147 (He already looks slower on the pads) and Hunter doesn't like him moving too much anyway, he won't be a hard target for Canelo.

The best thing about the fight will be seeing Khan perplexed when he struggles to land clean on Canelo, who has elite defense and counter punching.

Khan is getting out boxed and knocked out.

He isn't a good enough boxer to out point Canelo, he doesn't hit hard enough to hurt him and he doesn't defend well enough to avoid getting knocked out.

The idea that he can come into the ring and steal the fight on the back foot is stupid, not only is he not good enough to do that, but he's not going to be as fast as he was at 147 (He already looks slower on the pads) and Hunter doesn't like him moving too much anyway, he won't be a hard target for Canelo.

The best thing about the fight will be seeing Khan perplexed when he struggles to land clean on Canelo, who has elite defense and counter punching.

Alright Alvarez, calm down.

In any fight either guy can get caught cold early and get stopped.

I'm betting Khan makes a much better fight of this than people expect.

I have 4 huge parlays all riding on Canelo.

I need Canelo to win via stoppage or UD.

On 2 parlays I just need a straight up win for Canelo.

Don't let me down! I'm surprised so many are picking khan.

What am I missing here? What does khan have here that can possibly trouble Canelo?

Khan would have a chance if Canelo was the same size/strength as him. But Canelo is too big and strong for Khan to hold onto when he gets in trouble. I can picture Khan doing fine for a few rounds, getting hurt, then trying to tie Canelo up but getting rag-dolled.

I'm not convinced Khan is a better boxer than Canelo, I actually don't think he is. He is just faster and more fleet-of-foot, which should keep him alive for a bit.

The wild card here is Khan's chin. If Canelo lands a great shot and Khan does not get hurt, the fight takes on a different look. I think Khan's chin is better than people make it out to be (or should I say, not quite as terrible).

In any fight either guy can get caught cold early and get stopped.

I'm betting Khan makes a much better fight of this than people expect.
I think he is bringing his dancing shoes with him.

He should be bringing a pillow with him.

Khan getting hurt and stopped by smaller guys doesn't worry people?

He should be bringing a pillow with him.
Just to be clear, I don't mean to help him run away, I mean to help him with his smooth moves as he is headed to the canvas.

That's, Like, Your opinion.gif

And, although I believe Canelo via murder death kill is the likely outcome, you could be more respectful of others' opinions mang.

I know you don't want to hurt anybody's feelers do you?

Khan getting hurt and stopped by smaller guys doesn't worry people?
I don't think too many people are picking Khan to win. But I personally don't see Canelo coming out, throwing a few combos and then that's it. This is a better fight than people are saying.

Back