Amir Khan V Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez 155lbs May 7th

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to choose manslaughter, I guess. I don't see Khan escaping this one before being separated from consciousness.

That would be crazy. And then Khan calls out who? Because it won't be GGG, I'm guessing.

This is the road to Terrence Crawford, Middleweight Champion.

Id be surprised if it lasts one rd. Canelo comes out hard these days. Khan better be on the run from the get go.

Id be surprised if it lasts one rd. Canelo comes out hard these days. Khan better be on the run from the get go.
Khan will make it at least 5. After that, not really sure. Canelo will bomb him out.

I dont believe GGG wanted a tune up either, IMO he only took it becasue Canelo is the bigger star and wanted one. In other words Canelo said " heres a shit sammich eat that first and then we fight" and GGG is gobbling it up. Then Canelo picks a WW LMAO!!!!!

This .
It's not hard to imagine that the " delay " was at the behest of team Canelo . K2 probably just caved in out of fear of compromising their only big payday .
Why would Golvokin willingly delay a fight he's been asking for for a solid 3 years ? meanwhile Canelo is yet to forgo his catchweight demands.

Canelo probably didn't want Cotto and Golovkin back to back, no.

Which is fair enough. I just dont get when some people act like they "both" wanted tune ups.
Golovkin could have refused and been gifted the WBC belt if Canelo didn't make the fight, right?

Golovkin could have refused and been gifted the WBC belt if Canelo didn't make the fight, right?
100% but we all know he wants a big money fight. He can talk all the shit he likes about "all the belts", we all know its PPV star and big money fights he wants. A fight against Canelo is the biggest money fight that he can make.

TBH GGGs team is annoying me just as much as Canelo and Wards, just a lot of fucking around.

Canelo and GGG's teams have been absolutely nothing like Ward's.
Yeah i know, but i dont like how Canelo cant fight at 154 but 155 is fine which IMO is his team. Then you add in fighting a WW. Abel Sanchez annoys me in GGGs team, just because he does LOL. Neither of them are like Wards, not even close, but annoy me just the same.

Yeah i know, but i dont like how Canelo cant fight at 154 but 155 is fine which IMO is his team. Then you add in fighting a WW. Abel Sanchez annoys me in GGGs team, just because he does LOL. Neither of them are like Wards, not even close, but annoy me just the same.
I can not really disagree. Canelo needs to fight at 160 at this point, this 155 stuff is getting embarrassing.

But GGG seems to want to fight everybody in his class at full 160. The only real criticism you can dish out on him is that he will not go up a weight class yet to fight at 168. But that criticism has never sat well with me, since the guy is an average 160, that is 33 years old. Why should he be forced to go to 168 when Canelo is right there at 160 ready to fight?

I am not more of a fan of one of them than the other. I think they are both really good fighters and I like both of them a lot. But GGG seems to be the guy that wants to fight the way we all believe boxers should want to fight. Full sized 160 limit, against the best, right now.

I can not really disagree. Canelo needs to fight at 160 at this point, this 155 stuff is getting embarrassing.

But GGG seems to want to fight everybody in his class at full 160. The only real criticism you can dish out on him is that he will not go up a weight class yet to fight at 168. But that criticism has never sat well with me, since the guy is an average 160, that is 33 years old. Why should he be forced to go to 168 when Canelo is right there at 160 ready to fight?

I am not more of a fan of one of them than the other. I think they are both really good fighters and I like both of them a lot. But GGG seems to be the guy that wants to fight the way we all believe boxers should want to fight. Full sized 160 limit, against the best, right now.

The part that gets me is I would actually think a 160 pound weight limit would benefit Canelo in a GGG fight. He would be less drained which normally means better conditioning and throughout the history of the sport most guys who go up in weight can take a punch at least a little bit better. Which against GGG is going to be a must. From a publicity standpoint it would look better for him as well. No more Cinnamonlocks and his just right imaginary weight class.

its all about leverage, canelo has it and ggg doesnt

ggg cant sell a ppv and hes getting older, simply he needs this pay day and he'll do whatever canelo/delahoya want

i think this whole weight limit thing is stupid as well but what can you do if your ggg? play the game and get paid or get nothing, his time is now not 2 or 3 years from now

The part that gets me is I would actually think a 160 pound weight limit would benefit Canelo in a GGG fight. He would be less drained which normally means better conditioning and throughout the history of the sport most guys who go up in weight can take a punch at least a little bit better. Which against GGG is going to be a must. From a publicity standpoint it would look better for him as well. No more Cinnamonlocks and his just right imaginary weight class.

canelo is used to being the bigger fighter on fight night, he wont be against ggg so he wants to drain him a little

i dont think canelo can beat ggg at the 160 limit and neither does he or hoya

its all about leverage, canelo has it and ggg doesnt

ggg cant sell a ppv and hes getting older, simply he needs this pay day and he'll do whatever canelo/delahoya want

i think this whole weight limit thing is stupid as well but what can you do if your ggg? play the game and get paid or get nothing, his time is now not 2 or 3 years from now

I disagree. Everything I read about the negotiations said that GGG was willing to compromise on every aspect of the fight except the weight limit. It seems as though he will fight Canelo at 160 or he will get the belt without having to fight at all. So walking away with just the belt is still a big victory. It would most likely get him other big fights(not as big of course). I would love to see him against Jacobs or Kid Chocolate. That guy that just beat Andy Lee would be interesting too.

There are plenty of good fights out there especially if he has a stack of belts on his side. Canelo would be the biggest fight by far but if he hides behind his imaginary weight class then turns tail and runs while dropping the linear belt it would not be the end of GGG at all. It would add to his mystique quite a bit, just not to his wallet.

I disagree. Everything I read about the negotiations said that GGG was willing to compromise on every aspect of the fight except the weight limit. It seems as though he will fight Canelo at 160 or he will get the belt without having to fight at all. So walking away with just the belt is still a big victory. It would most likely get him other big fights(not as big of course). I would love to see him against Jacobs or Kid Chocolate. That guy that just beat Andy Lee would be interesting too.

There are plenty of good fights out there especially if he has a stack of belts on his side. Canelo would be the biggest fight by far but if he hides behind his imaginary weight class then turns tail and runs while dropping the linear belt it would not be the end of GGG at all. It would add to his mystique quite a bit, just not to his wallet.

at the end of the day getting that belt means nothing because he wants a big pay day. if canelo gives him the belt ggg doesnt get his pay day and the clock is ticking. nobody but die hard boxing fans care about ggg, he was a ppv bust last year, thats a fact. he needs canelo and theres no denying that.

nobody cares about jacobs, kid chocolate or lee

at the end of the day getting that belt means nothing because he wants a big pay day. if canelo gives him the belt ggg doesnt get his pay day and the clock is ticking. nobody but die hard boxing fans care about ggg, he was a ppv bust last year, thats a fact. he needs canelo and theres no denying that.

nobody cares about jacobs, kid chocolate or lee

You're wrong simply because the belt means everything to GGG and he's said that for years again and again. Unifying the major titles is his dream and more important to him then any one fight. Just because the belt doesn't matter to you or casual fans makes no difference whatsoever.

Of course people care about Jacobs and the guy who beat Lee and has a belt and to a much lesser extent Kid Chocolate. Canelo is not the end all be all of boxing. He is just another fighter who happens to be very popular.

Which is fair enough. I just dont get when some people act like they "both" wanted tune ups.

Who said they both wanted it? I don't know either guy personally or professionally, so I'd be talking out of my ass if I said I thought I knew what they wanted.

They both agreed, however.

Back