Amir Khan-Kell Brook negotiations collapse

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Of course the official reason the fight isn’t happening next is, ya know, money. Kell Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn tweeted that Khan was demanding a 70-30 split to make the fight happen which was a clear non-starter for them. Considering that Brook is currently the IBF welterweight champion, and that Khan holds no world title, they wanted something much closer to 50-50.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/1/23/14356568/amir-khan-kell-brook-negotiations-collapse

I actually think Khan would give Brook a lot of problems.

huh, I know Khan turned down manny in favor of Brook. Wonder if this means that we get a change of opponent.

I actually think Khan would give Brook a lot of problems.

He probably would for a few rounds, but the difference in durability and power would start to tell as the rounds wore on, I think. Khan would never get 70/30 in that matchup. If he wasn't willing to budge on that number he deserves the blame put on him for the negotiations.

Brook is obsessed with Khan... yet wonders how Khan is the A-side. Khan isn't begging to fight Brook.

Brook needs to cut the excuses and fight Errol Spence Jr.

Brook is obsessed with Khan... yet wonders how Khan is the A-side. Khan isn't begging to fight Brook.

Brook needs to cut the excuses and fight Errol Spence Jr.
No excuses. Brook deserves a big name after the GGG fight. The fight would be huge in the UK and both guys are coming off loses. Khan continues to drop out of relevance while despite the loss Brook is on the rise.
The fight has already made sense since Khan refused to because Brook had no names on his resume. Now it makes perfect sense.
If you fight GGG youre obviously not scared of a greener smaller guy in Spense.
I would love to see Spense step up in competition though. Would be nice if they could build him a little more 1st. I think hes as legit as they come

No excuses. Brook deserves a big name after the GGG fight. The fight would be huge in the UK and both guys are coming off loses. Khan continues to drop out of relevance while despite the loss Brook is on the rise.
The fight has already made sense since Khan refused to because Brook had no names on his resume. Now it makes perfect sense.
If you fight GGG youre obviously not scared of a greener smaller guy in Spense.
I would love to see Spense step up in competition though. Would be nice if they could build him a little more 1st. I think hes as legit as they come

Brook needs to fight his mandatory, he cant keep chasing money fights but ignore competition. If Khan is falling off, that's not Brooks concern. Its making him look desperate.

Khan's got bigger issues he's dealing with in his personal life, and it looks pathetic when a fighter calls out another guy whose clearly not in fighting shape! While he's openly ducking his mandatory who can put up a fight.

Brook needs to fight his mandatory, he cant keep chasing money fights but ignore competition. If Khan is falling off, that's not Brooks concern. Its making him look desperate.

Khan's got bigger issues he's dealing with in his personal life, and it looks pathetic when a fighter calls out another guy whose clearly not in fighting shape! While he's openly ducking his mandatory who can put up a fight.
Khan is a pro fighter who tried to take the fight. It doesnt matter if hes "not in fighting shape."
I dont see the desperation in wanting to fight a bigger name. A bigger draw. With a much bigger pay check. That just seems logical.
I believe sometimes resume and accomplishments trumps a mandatory.
Maybe the orgs should try and do more to make their mandatories more known. To me this is different than Canelo vs Jr situation .... Khan is more of a legit opponent.

I also want to see Spense get built up before he fights Brook. Im higher on Brook than most people here though.
Also isnt Brook going to move up if he doesnt fight Khan????

Pretty much , no point in talking about Brook v Khan since negotiations are dead

Brook either fights his mandatory or vacate

Khan is a pro fighter who tried to take the fight. It doesnt matter if hes "not in fighting shape."
I dont see the desperation in wanting to fight a bigger name. A bigger draw. With a much bigger pay check. That just seems logical.
I believe sometimes resume and accomplishments trumps a mandatory.
Maybe the orgs should try and do more to make their mandatories more known. To me this is different than Canelo vs Jr situation .... Khan is more of a legit opponent.

I also want to see Spense get built up before he fights Brook. Im higher on Brook than most people here though.
Also isnt Brook going to move up if he doesnt fight Khan????
- Khan is being a diva with his demands, and has obviously avoided Brook more than once. Its impossible to have this fight before late this year now, which probably the negotiation wouldnt work again.
- spence is being promoted fine. On the pro match he had on olympic day, he gained a significant name recognition for a guy at his career stage as a boxer.
-hell nah, brah. I rooted for the upset for K against G.
- Kell has mentioned that his team would have prefered for him to move up one weight class, but he really wanted the Khan match so he stuck around.

The fight will still happen, kinda reminds me of the Hatton/Witter nonsense.

Anyway, I still think Khan beats him.
No surprise Khan wants the lion share.

- Khan is being a diva with his demands, and has obviously avoided Brook more than once. Its impossible to have this fight before late this year now, which probably the negotiation wouldnt work again.
- spence is being promoted fine. On the pro match he had on olympic day, he gained a significant name recognition for a guy at his career stage as a boxer.
-hell nah, brah. I rooted for the upset for K against G.
- Kell has mentioned that his team would have prefered for him to move up one weight class, but he really wanted the Khan match so he stuck around.
They went to the table than Khan got ridiculous. . . What was Brook to do.? Now they have to plan their next move. Its millions of dollars and a game of life altering consequences. Stuffs got to be weighed out. Every legit option. If he moves up the Spence fight is off the table anyways. Also if he beat Khan seems like he was moving up anyways.
If Brook has no intention of staying at the weight its not ducking. IMO. I would like him to because there are so many good fights emerging and actually happening. But if he cant keep making the weight it is what it is.

I think Brook is a huge step up for Spense.

Why would brook be afraid of spence? He just fought GGG for god sakes

Pretty even fight, with Khan having the edge in skillset. Obviously, has got to not get himself clipped. Dude has concentration problems.

He probably would for a few rounds, but the difference in durability and power would start to tell as the rounds wore on, I think. Khan would never get 70/30 in that matchup. If he wasn't willing to budge on that number he deserves the blame put on him for the negotiations.
This is how I'd see it too. Just the same as when Khan fought Canelo, Khan has a little success early on before getting sparked out brutally.

Not interested in seeing Khan get killed.

Back