Amir Khan: I Want Adrien Broner

Great fight and would do good ratings and put $1m in each fighters pockets.
Broners gonna want $1.5m though

“I’d like Broner,” said Khan after his 32nd career win.

“Broner is a big name, that would be a great fight, to bring him to the UK”

“The UK market is massive now and fighters from America want to come here. I think he would take the fight.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-i-want-adrien-broner-great-fight--127455

Aren't they friends? I don't think I'll get over how strange it is in Boxing an MMA that friends actually want to fight each other for a payday. Khan and Manny talked about fighting too, despite being former stablemates.

Aren't they friends? I don't think I'll get over how strange it is in Boxing an MMA that friends actually want to fight each other for a payday. Khan and Manny talked about fighting too, despite being former stablemates.

They're cordial but not friends.
This was about 3 years ago I believe.

It actually makes a bit of sense for both guys. Regardless of what you think of Broner, Vargas is a decent fighter and even if you don't think Broner won the fight clearly, he did look the better man when he actually did decide to fight. That's better form than he has shown in awhile, but I'm not particularly confident in him maintaining it for very long, so getting a payday with Khan right now would probably make the most sense for him.

A win over Broner would get Khan back into the minds of boxing fans and get him back in the conversation of the top fighters at WW.

I really like this fight. It will definately be fun, and we all win as one of these 2 twats gets beat, and possibly knocked out
Would rather see khan in with broner before going in against brook. If he loses to broner then he should forget the brook fight

Pretty great match if it happens.

Neither guy deserves a shot at a legit 147 pound belt but neither guy is a gatekeeper yet either. They both come up short in their biggest fights so this would at least give one of them a really good win. I think Khan makes Broner look really stupid for most of the fight but gets dropped at some point for sure. The question is does he get finished or does he pull another Maidana and survive to win on the cards?

Fun fight even though I'm not a fan of either guy.

Thats a really good fight and it makes sense.

Fucking Khan, acting like he's Mayweather again because he stopped Lo Greco. I hope he doesn't get a big fight.

Fucking Khan, acting like he's Mayweather again because he stopped Lo Greco. I hope he doesn't get a big fight.

Is Broner a big fight though? Broner is 0-1-1 in his last two fights. It's big from a marketing point of view, but neither one of them is a contender. I think it's a perfect fight for both of them.

Is Broner a big fight though? Broner is 0-1-1 in his last two fights. It's big from a marketing point of view, but neither one of them is a contender. I think it's a perfect fight for both of them.
For some reason, yes he is. He was just the main eventer on a showtime card.

For some reason, yes he is. He was just the main eventer on a showtime card.

Khan would be too though, against anybody with a pulse. His fight before last was headlining a pay per view.

Khan would be too though, against anybody with a pulse. His fight before last was headlining a pay per view.
I think Khan is a bad fight for Broner. Broner can't beat anyone with any workrate, he was getting schooled against Vargas until Vargas' output dropped. He barely scraped by Paulie.

Khan actually has some pop and Broner doesn't at 147. Easy work for Khan IMO and he knows it. Thats why he avoided calling out anyone with a pulse.

I think Khan is a bad fight for Broner. Broner can't beat anyone with any workrate, he was getting schooled against Vargas until Vargas' output dropped. He barely scraped by Paulie.

Khan actually has some pop and Broner doesn't at 147. Easy work for Khan IMO and he knows it. Thats why he avoided calling out anyone with a pulse.

I agree, Khan would beat the shit out of Broner. I might even pick him to stop Broner.

If not Broner, I'd like to see Khan fight either Kell Brook or Porter. Those are more good fights. There's a lot out there for Khan right now.

Looks like everyone agrees now, Khan is a good fighter.
Funny what KO'ing someone will do for a guy.

Khan vs Broner is a good fight!

They're cordial but not friends.
This was about 3 years ago I believe.
I like how everyone can be in the same room and mess around talk trash but be cool, like regular dudes. Definitely a silent fraternity type of feel, mutual respect an all that.

Nah man. Khan has a great skill set but his chin and opponent selection makes him an average fighter.

If most of us thought Khan was good we would be mad that he was calling out Broner who has only won three of his last six fights. The fact we think Khan/Broner is a legit match shows how little we think of both guys. I love the match but in the same way I loved Gatti/Ward. Not because either was great at all but because they fit so well together. Hell this could end up being both guys trilogy fight. Broner wins by brutal last round come from behind knockout. Rematch and Khan wins a shut out on the cards. Re-rematch and maybe Khan gets the stoppage himself. Could be really fun because they are on the same level, not the top level but the same level.

I've always thought Khan was a good fighter.

Problem is, now he's with Hearn, he will get big fights, that guy has the midas touch.

Back