Amidst all this trash talk and savagery now a days, heres a little something for ya..

tankeeabottaho2.gif

most of these gifs show that most mma fighters don't have a pure martial artists mindset. it was refreshing to see people like machida and Anderson show respect to their opponents instead of pretending to dig Graves and lick blood off their hands etc.

Machida is everyone's friend.

Except for USADA..

Attributes are used as political tools in this sport. Most of you only care about 'class,' as a way of disparaging fighters you dislike, that supposedly lack it. I truly believe if MMA does not have the outright worst fans in sports, they certainly have the most petulant and calculated ones.

One of the many thing that first attracted me to MMA was the honor and humility displayed by most fighters in the early days. The mutual respect shown to each others as equals after the match. Then it changed to shit talking before the match which was OK, then it was shit talk after the match which to me shows zero humility. (I'm thinking primarily of Black Beast, disgusting IMO)

People say that controversy sells. Perhaps that's true, but I'd still watch a card full of respectful fighters because I actually care about the fights.

If you need drama to be interested, go watch pro-wrassling!

Perfect

I won't blame guys like Hendo or Shogun for the extra punch or two, but I have to commend Machida for being one of the classiest gentlemen to ever fight.

That's an ideal finish for most fighters, I'm sure, but in the heat of battle, it's probably wiser to just go nuts and rely on the ref to stop you from killing the opponent.

Back