Americans Might be Ready for an EIGHT Party System

but at least 3, if not 4 of those groups are going to team up to make sure none from the other side win

then 3-4 of the other side will team up as a response

and then you have our current 2 party system

in practice, we do have this system, its just that the party subsets decide who theyre going to to team up with during the primaries. for example, ted cruz, rubio, trump, rand paul and jeb bush are different enough to run under at least 3 separate parties in an 8 party system, but tons of CruzMissiles voted trump to keep hillary from winning

Your best fit is...
Core Conservatives
along with 13% of the public.

im definitely not globalist though, idk where they pull that from

opportunity democrats are the group thats clearly wrong about everything

I think it is already a thing

tiki-torch-brosedited.jpg

The Tikicrats.

Scored as a Core Conservative, but the truth is that I'm more of a Libertarian than anything. I didn't personally love the quiz, as I thought some of the responses were a bit leading.

I don't think a true multi-party system is a great idea. It creates more choices, yes, but if there were 4 parties (two liberal and two conservative), if those conservative parties banded together, the two liberal parties would split the liberal vote, and the conservative party could easily win in a landslide with less than 49% of the vote. Of course, the converse of that would be true as well. We're limited in our options, but at least when someone wins, the states have spoken about which direction that they want to go.

And before someone inevitably brings up the flaws of the Electoral College, noted. Consider that you'd see higher voter turnout if the Electoral College was eliminated, so results would be less predictable than you might imagine.

We need at least 4.

Also, these shades of the parties we already have are garbage. Like there is only two ways to view the fkn world. It's basically propaganda promoting the two party sytem, and you think it's something else.

More identity politics, let's just divide and conquer!
This poll groups people with like respondents based on how they respond to questions about issues.

So, actually the opposite of identity politics.

Agreed. I took it for kicks but only 2 answers? Come on
My guess is that was to make the results manageable.

I wish there was at least a "No preference" option for each question, though.

lol.. no..

we're not even ready for more than 2 genders..

Back