American Samoans sue to become citizens (again)

They have more of a right than people here illegally but oddly you don't hear the same level of support from the left for them. Almost as if there's fake outrage...weird.

Having a black father that looked like this probably doesn't hurt when it comes to aesthetics...

PMgCgU8a14vaT3AO8ZBS93Y6Da6W__e4vxPNwCWbwU8-ybVbLqZv3aFmEU9NleQdnHKg1uGQ41Mx_hlFnN2Sk1LeDHhUzbBb2u8oHdcwzJAg8BThd_cuISqHrKsomjwP9HWffT14TJded1ZWDQ
no doubt. but rocky johnson had to work to look like that, and the samoan in the rock will make him prone to being big. will be interesting to see how he looks when he is well past his prime

I met an anorexic Samoan once.
At six two 260 he played right guard for the Waterloo Warriors football team.

Island are feared because their freakish strenght

Those sound like some pretty awful precedents the DC Court was following in the previous law suit.

“Ehhhh, well they’re not white, so no. No citizenship for them.”

Is anyone really against this? This seems like a no brainer.

The article hints at a possible slippery slope.

The Philippines were a territory for a few decades so this could open the window to anybody born at that time being granted automatic citizenship and than their kids could apply for the same.

So, announcing my dumbassery, until this thread I thought Samoans were from a part of Australia. Like one of their islands and citizens there

The Philippines were a territory for a few decades so this could open the window to anybody born at that time being granted automatic citizenship and than their kids could apply for the same.
nah, when you fight for, and attain independence, you dont get to roll that game. So, pretty bad example of slippery slope, or do you think American citizens should automatically become UK citizens because we too, were once a colony?

Congress would be smart to make law making American Samoans citizens to avoid the possibility of a legal decision that would would make the Phillipinies claim supportable, and also because it is the right thing to do if the majority of Somoans would support it.

nah, when you fight for, and attain independence, you dont get to roll that game. So, pretty bad example of slippery slope, or do you think American citizens should automatically become UK citizens because we too, were once a colony?

The UK does not have the 14th Amendment so pretty bad example.

And the US fought for independence because they did not have the same rights a British citizens.

Many Americans were against colonization because they feared the colonized would gain US citizenship

Congress would be smart to make law making American Samoans citizens to avoid the possibility of a legal decision that would would make the Phillipinies claim supportable, and also because it is the right thing to do if the majority of Somoans would support it.

Agreed. Just pointing out one of the reasons why the government might be fighting this particular case on the claim of the 14th.

What is they are predisposed to having diabetes? I don't know I am just speculating.
I don't know either but I don't think that can be it. We're not talking like 5% of them have diabetes or something. 48% have it. Numbers that high would have gotten wiped out by natural selection. The size that Samoans are isn't natural. It's really unhealthy and they just eat way too much.

Back