American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace

DaleBoca

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
20180114063850%21American_Crime_Story_season_2_poster.jpg

It began airing yesterday. And it looks very promising after the first episode. It also has a fantastic cast. Edgar Ramirez, Penélope Cruz and Darren Criss all star in the show.

I haven't started it yet but I do intend to watch it.

The trailers do not make me think it will be as good as OJ though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't started it yet but I do intent to watch it.

The trailers do not make me think it will be as good as OJ though.

That's understandable. ACS: The People v OJ was fantastic but I think that had to do with the fascination people had with the case. It was literally a part of everybody's lives for a good year and a half, no matter how old you were. I was 10-11 and I remember the OJ case as clear as day. I recall the Branco chase, I remember many of the people who testified, I remember I was in recess when the verdict was read and my teacher was fuming because of the acquittal.

These are two different stories and I don't see them as same entities. I also remember this story VERY vividly and the story is fascinating; and with the people that are involved, it looks very promising . You had a genius like Versace who captivated the world with his style and he was taken away by a serial killer and then he went on the run. The show will have flashbacks and run as real time.

I've seen so many promos for this and was wondering who would even watch.

That's understandable. ACS: The People v OJ was fantastic but I think that had to do with the fascination people had with the case. It was literally a part of everybody's lives for a good year and a half, no matter how old you were. I was 10-11 and I remember the OJ case as clear as day. I recall the Branco chase, I remember many of the people who testified, I remember I was in recess when the verdict was read and my teacher was fuming because of the acquittal.

These are two different stories and I don't see them as same entities. I also remember this story VERY vividly and the story is fascinating; and with the people that are involved, it looks very promising . You had a genius like Versace who captivated the world with his style and he was taken away by a serial killer and then he went on the run. The show will have flashbacks and run as real time.

I will give it a look and chime back in.

The show isn't that bad.

im watching it, i think its great but recently i read that the Versace family said it wasnt accurate in the portrait of them, but damn the actor that plays Andy is so great the character is super intense, crazy and can jump off at any moment

I watched part of the first episode just because I loved the OJ one so much
This one wasnt for me

20180114063850%21American_Crime_Story_season_2_poster.jpg

It began airing yesterday. And it looks very promising after the first episode. It also has a fantastic cast. Edgar Ramirez, Penélope Cruz and Darren Criss all star in the show.
Will watch. The first American Crime Story was amazing.

To paraphrase Chris Rock:

Gianni Versace assassinated, struck down by assassin's bullets? No he wasn't. Martin Luther King was assassinated, Malcolm X was assassinated, John F. Kennedy was assassinated. That dago got shot.

Waco seemed much better after only 1 epsiode imo....

To paraphrase Chris Rock:

Gianni Versace assassinated, struck down by assassin's bullets? No he wasn't. Martin Luther King was assassinated, Malcolm X was assassinated, John F. Kennedy was assassinated. That dago got shot.

Chris Rock doesnt seem to understand what he says

I'll be binging the first 4 episodes tonight. Really hope it's as good as the OJ season, This one kind of flew under the radar for me, I didn't even know it was out until today.

Looking forward to it.

The finale was great, in fact the whole season was pretty damn good. The writers haven't lost a step yet. Darren Criss, take a bow, what a phenomenal performance.

Did anyone even watch this show? Felt like a grand total of 4 people watched it lol. Bring on the Katrina season.

The finale was great, in fact the whole season was pretty damn good. The writers haven't lost a step yet. Darren Criss, take a bow, what a phenomenal performance.

Did anyone even watch this show? Felt like a grand total of 4 people watched it lol. Bring on the Katrina season.
I watched it. The guy playing Cunanan did a great job, but it still felt anticlimatic in the end. I guess what made this headline in the news was him killing Versace, but this really played out like the ‘Andrew Cunanan story.’

Back