America United: Every Group Thinks THEY Are Discriminated Against

I presented a scenario to you, so that you could at least agree that unequal distribution of something does not necessarily mean that there is whites only hiring practice.

Do you at least agree with that basic concept?

In reality, if you were on a mission to find such a thing, you would have to examine the actual applicants and their qualifications in comparison to other applicants for the same job and then compare that to the outcome. It would be a very crude method, but at least it might put you in the right ballpark

In that scenario, state agencies generally are still required to show their attempt to hire a diverse workforce, even when one is not available.

In that scenario, state agencies generally are still required to show their attempt to hire a diverse workforce, even when one is not available.

Do you agree with what I said though?

Do you agree with what I said though?

That's possible for people to not apply for jobs?

Yeah it's possible.

Do you think it's possible in a state of 40 million people like California there might be a bit more competition for a state job?

That's possible for people to not apply for jobs?

Yeah it's possible.

Do you think it's possible in a state of 40 million people like California there might be a bit more competition for a state job?

I don't know how the applicants break down against each other, but it's quite possible, and even likely, that proportionally more white people apply who have good qualifications.

I don't know how the applicants break down against each other, but of course it's possible that proportionally more white people apply who have good qualifications.

Do you think it's possible this 23 year old kid might be competing with 30+ year old men with 10 years experience for the same job and even without hiring quotas he'd have a tough time getting the job if he didn't know someone?

But who is oppressing them? Sounds like everyone is oppressing everyone. Then I guess you deserve to be oppressed.
I'm not oppressed? How can a white male be oppressed in America?
Out of those 55% I would bet a LARGE majority are poor Trump supporters

Whites are oppressed too. You get beat up for looking like a KKK. Companies rather hire minorities than whites now. I have a close relative friend who is a cis white male in college and he can't fit in at all. No clubs are for him. All clubs are either LGBTQ or for females/feminists. It's not easy to be white in 2017. White is the new black.

I guess we finally have equality if everyone is oppressed?

Do you think it's possible this 23 year old kid might be competing with 30+ year old men with 10 years experience for the same job and even without hiring quotas he'd have a tough time getting the job if he didn't know someone?

I'm sure that scenario happens where young applicants are up against more qualified people, of course.

But who is oppressing them? Sounds like everyone is oppressing everyone. Then I guess you deserve to be oppressed.

Whites are oppressed too. You get beat up for looking like a KKK. Companies rather hire minorities than whites now. I have a close relative friend who is a cis white male in college and he can't fit in at all. No clubs are for him. All clubs are either LGBTQ or for females/feminists. It's not easy to be white in 2017. White is the new black.

I guess we finally have equality if everyone is oppressed?

<Dany07>

I'm sure that scenario happens where young applicants are up against more qualified people, of course.

Do you not see then how this scenario might be more evidence of this kid's privilege, assuming he's just going to get the exact job he wants immediately out of college?

Do you not see then how this scenario might be more evidence of this kid's privilege, assuming he's just going to get the exact job he wants immediately out of college?

Who is saying he's going to get this hypothetical job?

And even if he was like, the son of someone in the force and had a family connection there, it wouldn't be racially discriminatory. It would be family discrimination.

I'm proud of Chicago - Obama for no reason during the debate on gun laws

Every group is discriminated against.

I don't really find the idea controversial.

Who is saying he's going to get this hypothetical job?

And even if he was like, the son of someone in the force and had a family connection there, it wouldn't be racially discriminatory. It would be family discrimination.

He's assuming he is.

He's assuming he is.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. If we're talking about a hypothetical here or if we're talking about the original example that the other poster brought up about his brother.

I don't think it is a safe assumption for anyone to beat out more qualified people when applying to a position.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. If we're talking about a hypothetical here or if we're talking about the original example that the other poster brought up about his brother.

I don't think it is a safe assumption for anyone to beat out more qualified people when applying to a position.

I'm talking about the poster's brother walking out of college and expecting to get the exact job he wants.

I'm talking about the poster's brother walking out of college and expecting to get the exact job he wants.

I thought the point of the story was that he lost out on the job because he had the wrong skin color

If he was expecting to get the job based on being more qualified than his opposition then that isn't unusual.

Back