America is now a 2nd tier country

Absolutely agree. A brain is a brain. An Ethiopian can learn as well as a Dane can. There is a strong correlation however that the stronger ones religious beliefs in society yields lower educational opportunities. It's hard to be rational and learn when everything is explained away with supernatural nonsense.

The nightmare of religious blow hards is secular educated young women.

A brain is not just a brain. I don't believe for a second you can take a person from the stone age and in one generation make them think like a German.

I was only refering to the lavish life and infrastructure. The rest irrelevant in this subject.

ppl have dogs as pet here but there it's Lions, tigers and chetah.. spotting someone with these exotic animals is normal in the public.

You will never spot a old car on the road in Doha and dubai in fact it's normal seeing Ferraris, Bentleys etc etc.

living a lavish life style is considered normal life there

The thread is about well being not just "lavish life and infrastructure". If your society just runs on oil money & slave labor, I wouldn't even consider them civilized.

But I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

<Fedor23>

A brain is not just a brain. I don't believe for a second you can take a person from the stone age and in one generation make them think like a German.

What does "think like a German" mean?

I never stated nor implied brains from different millennia are ubiquitous, they aren't.

Same era, same learning environment, human beings are cognitively equal.

What does "think like a German" mean?

I never stated nor implied brains from different millennia are ubiquitous, they aren't.

Same era, same learning environment, human beings are cognitively equal.

Why are brains from different millennia different, but you think you can take a person from the jungle, whose tribe has never been disciplined, raise them in the West, and expect them to be the equal of westerners. The western mind has been disciplined for thousands of years. I have no doubt that's had an effect.

I think it would be like putting a suit on a monkey. I just don't believe ethnic groups who never were mentally disciplined can all of a sudden compete with the Chinese.

Why are brains from different millennia different, but you think you can take a person from the jungle, whose tribe has never been disciplined, raise them in the West, and expect them to be the equal of westerners. The western mind has been disciplined for thousands of years. I have no doubt that's had an effect.

I think it would be like putting a suit on a monkey. I just don't believe ethnic groups who never were mentally disciplined can all of a sudden compete with the Chinese.

Take a child and put them anywhere and they will learn the same as any other. You don't understand anthropology very well. The Mayans and Egyptians were the smartest civilizations ever and were very NON-Western.

Take a child and put them anywhere and they will learn the same as any other. You don't understand anthropology very well. The Mayans and Egyptians were the smartest civilizations ever and were very NON-Western.

I've heard the claim, and I don't buy it.

The idea of thousands of years of mental discipline means nothing, has no effect, I don't believe it. Also Mayans and Egyptians were not the smartest.

its impossible to determine which country is the best in the world. With the exception of some shithole countries, any country will have awesome things and things that will suck ass.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-21/america-is-now-a-second-tier-country

I was surprised to see America's ranked as high as 28 when measuring the happiness of its citizens.

In economic overlap, this correlates with the studies out of major American universities showing that the American dream is basically dead and opportunities for upward mobility have diminished radically in the last thirty years.
According to Social Progress Imperative, a U.S.-based nonprofit.

In other words, some totally bullshit methodology is trying to be passed off as science.

I have lived in Denmark. I can confirm this. They are far more advanced in well-being and more advanced society. The countries that are surprisingly ahead of everybody is Denmark, Swedan, Norway, Finland, Switerzland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Dubai, Qatar, Singapore, Bahrain, Kuwait, South Korea, Japan and New Zealand. This is my personal opinion ofcourse and the countries I found to be advanced when it comes to life and harmony and systems.

The issues with the US is to much competition and over population. Its truly chaos compared to these countries. The Crime rate and homicide rate is ridiculously high for a country that is not in war. Hack there is more homicide in the US then in countries that are in active war

Aren't those countries mostly comprised of one race/culture?

Absolutely agree. A brain is a brain. An Ethiopian can learn as well as a Dane can. There is a strong correlation however that the stronger ones religious beliefs in society yields lower educational opportunities. It's hard to be rational and learn when everything is explained away with supernatural nonsense.

The nightmare of religious blow hards is secular educated young women.
Individuals may all be able to learn the same 'things' but when you're talking about population samples in the millions, even the smallest differences in behavioral adaptation and group interaction are amplified exponentially into the difference between the stone and space ages.

Unless you are deeply religious yourself then you must understand that religions are not a separate, causal entity. They are just reflections of the populations they belong to.

It always puzzles me to see for example arguments about what is "culture" and what is "religion". Religious traditions are culture, and cultures are in turn the the expression of genetic makeup and physical environment.

How do you account for Ethiopians that have come to the United States and done just that in their lifetime? Ethiopians are not in the stone age. You are beginning to sound a little 'Aryan' to me.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-21/america-is-now-a-second-tier-country

I was surprised to see America's ranked as high as 28 when measuring the happiness of its citizens.

In economic overlap, this correlates with the studies out of major American universities showing that the American dream is basically dead and opportunities for upward mobility have diminished radically in the last thirty years.
At least people who don't have very much see the wisdom in giving an opportunity to a born millionaire who never has to pay for his mistakes.

i stayed in Helsinki for a few months when my buddy was opening his business and i was thinking about moving to europe for a while. Let me tell you its BOOOORRRRRRING. Would rather be in Chicago 10/10 times.

Precisely why places like Dubai and Qatar suck. They are rich because of luck, they happened to be born on enormous oil reserves. It's not like there is innovation going on there or merit achievements. They would be nowhere without foreign customers for their oil and foreign people from the west building all the cool updated shit in their countries.

sucks for everyone else but it's great for them.

"They are rich because of luck"

It's really funny how that sentence applies to you (and me) and almost everyone in North America. The majority of the people in this world live way below our general standards. More than 3 billion live on less that $3.00 a day (almost half of the world population).

As far as I am concerned anybody born in the United States or made it and live in the United States is pretty fuckin' lucky from a financial standpoint (generally - there are always minor exceptions).

So the average person in Ethiopia is retarded?

i call bullshit, if the average person in Ethiopia had the same education opportunities they would post similar results to the rest of world

Until recently Zimbabwe had a great education system (based on the british standard). Higher literacy rate the the United States, etc. And it is not like South Africa's which still only reaches a fraction of the population.
It's the one thing that country has done really well.

Imo all the cold-ass countries should get auto disqualified. Some of these ultra north countries have snow up until late May, ain't no happiness in that. That makes Switzerland the winner.

Once universal income and robot workers come, we'll all be living on easy street.

ROFL. Why are there so many progressives not living in Iceland then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back