America is not the worst when it comes to mass shootings?

Belgium is on that list. I for the life of me can't think of any recent mass shootings.

"Dailywire".

Also, the USA has the highest number of school shootings.

Ok I'm picking through the sample selection.

This is why Belgium is so high

worldnews/europe/belgium/12204399/Brussels-terror-attacks-metro-airport-suspects-live.html

I might stop here.

worldnews/europe/belgium/12204399/Brussels-terror-attacks-metro-airport-suspects-live.html

I might stop here.

That wasn't a mass shooting though. Did they include that?

It'll be fun when the lefties get in here and try to refute this. We'll see some "creativity".....

Don't really need much creativity.

Those countries have smaller populations than most states so a fewer number of incidents are going to impact these sorts of averages more.

Just look at Norway, their one incident in 2011 skyrockets them to #1 because they only have 5 million people... so the US would need to have a massive massacres to get that high in the charts since we have 70x the population of Norway.

Those countries have smaller populations than most states so a fewer number of incidents are going to impact these sorts of averages more.

Just look at Norway, their one incident in 2011 skyrockets them to #1 because they only have 5 million people... so the US would need to have a massive massacres to get that high in the charts since we have 70x the population of Norway.
The more people there are, the more crazy people there are. It's not the gunz, it's the people.

OK... the "Crime Prevention Research Center" was founded by it's current president John Lott, Fox News contributor and author of "More Guns, Less Crime".

Says the guy who starts and ends every anti-gun post by over-stuffing the relevance of something called "household gun ownership rate".

<3>

I might stop here.
Those weren't mass shootings, though.

Says the guy who starts and ends every anti-gun post by over-stuffing the relevance of something called "household gun ownership rate".

<3>

Does it hurt your feelings that gun owners are a minority?

I don't recall any mass shootings in Switzerland personally

Ok, the definition they seem to use for Mass Shooting is, "four or more people killed in a public place, and not in the course of committing another crime, and not involving struggles over sovereignty".
Even with that definition though, they are playing fast and loose. For instance by including the violence in Macedonia as, "not involving struggles over sovereignty".

Edit: Actually, despite what the article says, they seem to just be using the "four or more people shot" definition for Europe, but "Four or more killed" for the US when talking about frequency (although there's 1 shooting listed with less than four fatalities, so maybe they've done something else to reduce the number).

I literally laughed out loud when I looked at the data they were using. Really pathetic.

Then I clicked around the site and saw "written by: Ben Shapiro" several times and I was very confused. I mean why would a site he writes for show any bias?!

Ok, the definition they seem to use for Mass Shooting is, "four or more people killed in a public place, and not in the course of committing another crime, and not involving struggles over sovereignty".
Even with that definition though, they are playing fast and loose. For instance by including the violence in Macedonia as, "not involving struggles over sovereignty".

Edit: Actually they seem to just be using the "four or more people shot" definition for Europe, but "Four or more killed" for the US when talking about frequency (although there's 1 shooting listed with less than four fatalities, so maybe they've done something else to reduce the number).

The data sample is hard to follow, it's piece meal bits of this and that and at times seems not to be sourced at all.

Lack of clarity in sample selection almost always equals = BS.

The data sample is hard to follow, it's piece meal bits of this and that and at times seems not to be sourced at all.

Lack of clarity in sample selection almost always equals = BS.
Dailywire = BS most of the time too.

It depends on how you define it. Rio has around 14 shootings per day, and Sao Paulo...well look for the term " chacina". I grew up having a chacina every week around the neirbourhood.

I noticed that as well. Coupled with this

Edit: Actually, despite what the article says, they seem to just be using the "four or more people shot" definition for Europe, but "Four or more killed" for the US when talking about frequency (although there's 1 shooting listed with less than four fatalities, so maybe they've done something else to reduce the number).
its hard to take seriously.

OK... the "Crime Prevention Research Center" was founded by it's current president John Lott, Fox News contributor and author of "More Guns, Less Crime".

giphy.gif

Why did the conservative "take that lefties" posts get moved? Makes them look too stupid to celebrate information this misleading? Let them own it IMO

Gotta love a person who sees an unusual gun problem, in a country with far and away more guns than anywhere else, and comes to the conclusion more guns will fix it.

Back