America is not the worst when it comes to mass shootings?

It'd questionable whether some of those countries should be considered Western. The West is not synonymous with white people.

But, yeah, liberals continually overestimate the significance of mass shootings in the U.S.

We just need to double the attacks to get to # 1 and then maybe we can start talking about solutions.

This one is interesting, don´t know if they are legit though

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-Tuesday-April-5-1.06-AM.png

I don't know that anything needs to be argued. It's kind of nice that we can point to this whenever some random foreigner wants to get uppity, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the frequency of shootings here at home.

Per capita is a pretty disingenuous way to rank. If you note, it's comparatively small population countries at the top. Statistically 1 fatality is going to carry a far larger per capita score in a smaller population country.

Regardless of any statistic, america obviously has a mass shooting problem that needs to be addressed.

Belgium is on that list. I for the life of me can't think of any recent mass shootings.

"Dailywire".

Also, the USA has the highest number of school shootings.

Anytime I see I date range I must ask why. It is not say from the start of the current decade, or last 20 years, seems like an odd dataset to pick.
I'm not saying results will be hugely different.
However if it was just school shootings results will probably be higher for the US.
But again that is cherry picking stats. But school shootings cause the most moral outrage as it is children/teens as the targets specifically.

Anytime I see I date range I must ask why. It is not say from the start of the current decade, or last 20 years, seems like an odd dataset to pick.
I'm not saying results will be hugely different.
However if it was just school shootings results will probably be higher for the US.
But again that is cherry picking stats. But school shootings cause the most moral outrage as it is children/teens as the targets specifically.

This... You can do lots of things to stats to make them how you want them to look.

This one is interesting, don´t know if they are legit though

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-Tuesday-April-5-1.06-AM.png
Absolute bogus. We nearly don't have any mass shootings/school shootings at all. Last one I can remember was in Liege in 2011. School shootings NEVER happen.

We don't have to teach our kids how to hide under desks and what not in the case of a school shooting. School shooting are almost entirely an USA phenomenon.

I'm not saying the per capita numbers are wrong, but that they are completely unrepresentative of the situation.

Since you used Dailywire. https://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americas/us-gun-statistics/index.html

"The US makes up less then 5% of the world's population, but holds 31% of global mass shootings."

Oops.

Some of the stuff is just skewed, I´m mean Norway is on the list because of a single shooting.

Interesting date selection. I looked at the stats for post 2000, including not just shootings but all "rampage killers", and the US had way, way mass shooting fatalities per capita than France had in terms of terrorism and all other forms (including the ramming attacks and bomb attacks).
I'd be interested in seeing what events/definitions they used.
Using the "four or more people shot" definition of a mass shooting, you guys have mass shootings on average 9 out of 10 days.

Never owned a gun, never will.

Some of the stuff is just skewed, I´m mean Norway is on the list because of a single shooting.
Belgium has around 11 million inhabitants. There has been 1 mass shooting in 2011.

Back