America bringing freedom to 44 school children in Yemen

Have you followed the conversation or do you take a five word response all alone?

For fucks sake
No I followed it. That's where it ended up. Don't be mad.

Let's try this then. When I tried to buy a slave, for some reason people demand the government put a stop to it.

Not really though. The federal government had to wage war on it's own sovereign citizens to force that through.

'The people' didn't want that, Northern factory owners did.

They didn't want to have to pay to house and care for their slaves.

Not really though. The government had to wage war in it's own sovereign citizens and force that through.

'The people' didn't want that, Northern factory owners did.

They didn't want to have to pay to house and care for their slaves.

People did want that. They didn't want to fight and die for that.

Nothern factory owners wanted to hurt the southern plantation owners. It was a political war, that siezed onto the most volatile issue to mobilize support, that escalated to a actual civil war.

To the point I was making though. We make laws based on moral judgements. Property rights, are in fact a moral judgement.

I feel like those who are indifferent to selling Saudi weapons, seem to want to avoid a moral conversation on the issue. I think that is because you know there is no moral defense of the House of Saud.

People did want that. They didn't want to fight and die for that.

Nothern factory owners wanted to hurt the southern plantation owners. It was a political war, that siezed onto the most volatile issue to mobilize support, that escalated to a actual civil war.

If Americans wanted to end slavery, why did it take a war to make it happen? The rest of the civilized world had already outlawed slavery by then.

If Americans wanted to end slavery, why did it take a war to make it happen? The rest of the civilized world had already outlawed slavery by then.

Because America has always been ran by oligarchs, just to varying degrees.

I bet those nation's that made slavery illegal didn't have warring oligarch factions, where one group's wealth was largely based on slavery.

Also I ninja edited on the last post. Feel free to respond to the added text, so we can return to topic.

Last edited:
Because America has always been ran by oligarchs, just to varying degrees.

I bet those nation's that made slavery illegal didn't have warring oligarch factions, where one group's wealth was largely based on slavery.

Also I ninja edited on the last post. Feel free to respond to the added text, so we can return to topic.

There were no oligarchs anywhere in the British Empire?

There were no oligarchs anywhere in the British Empire?

Sure, but did they have oligarch factions at war with one another, and did one of those groups depend on slavery for their wealth?

If it wasn't for the oligarchs stoking fires, we would have made slavery illegal within 2 decades without the war.

Sure, but did they have oligarch factions at war with one another, and did one of those groups depend on slavery for their wealth?

If it wasn't for the oligarchs stoking fires, we would have made slavery illegal within 2 decades without the war.

Just admit you posted a flawed analogy and we can get back to the subject at hand.

Just admit you posted a flawed analogy and we can get back to the subject at hand.

My analogy has to do with the demand that we make laws based on moral judgements.

If you don't disagree, then why should we not make a law banning the sale of weapons to the house of Saud?

Explain two things

The molten steel in the subterranean area, and the missing gold from #7

Please don't. Not only can I post the de-bunk, but I can post the counter to the de-bunk, and the de-bunk to that counter.

It has been done to death.

Their is a reason that when I discuss 9-11, I discuss put option buys, and it has to do with the de-bunk that is offered. The de-bunk can be shown to be flawed on a layman's level with the put option buys.

All the other arguments get bogged down by techno babble. I agree there are unanswered questions, and yet I can't make heads or tails of most of the techno babble in the physics of the collapse.

Back