America’s not so great military

The US can crush any others countries militarily.

We "lose" because you can't defeat the ideology these people have and the fact the US doesn't have the stamina nor true commitment to going all in.

Not to mention the rules of engagement fucking suck.

They need to allow our military to take off the baby gloves

War is about destroying the other side at all cost. If that is not the objective then war should never be an option. The moment you try to protect civilian deaths you give up a huge amount of power and bring yourself down to the level of your adversary.

...meaning, the U.S. military does not take into account civilians on the battlefield? Of course they do, more so in this day and age. It (military) does not go out of its way to kill innocent men, women, and children. They are usually 'collateral' damage. But we (the U.S. military) have killed plenty of innocent civilians through drone strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan in the past.

If you go back to WWII though, Americans and British were killing innocent Germans wholesale. Dresden was bombed on four separate occasions at the end of the war. The city had no military value. About 25,000 dead civilians. Considered by many to be a war crime.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, same story. About 113,000 (combined) innocent civilians died on the first day of the bombing. Twice that number over the next four months. Neither city had a military value.

Smart bombs weren’t created to lessen civilian casualties as the media would like you to think but to more accurately enforce your will and power on your enemy. The enemy will sleep less knowing the hole or bunker they are in can no longer protect them from an air strike.

Smart bombs are laser-guided to their target. More accuracy, and innocent civilians still get killed. If that bunker is deep inside a cave, inside a mountain in Afghanistan, the enemy is well protected. Not even a 5 megaton thermonuclear device will touch him. Nukes don't work very well against mountains -- deflection.

Last edited:
If the American military ever actually took it's phaser of "stun" then their wars would be very short and uncomplicated.

And I'm not even talking about WMD's.

Yup imagine the amount of conventional bombs drop constantly by the B-52.

Had the USA not stop bombing the North Vietnamese cities I doubt the Ho Chi Mihn could have retained power.

Yup imagine the amount of conventional bombs drop constantly by the B-52.

Had the USA not stop bombing the North Vietnamese cities I doubt the Ho Chi Mihn could have retained power.

And towards the end the deployment of guided bombs in limited numbers, and if politicians stopped playing arm chair generals an
decided to push north 100% they would have lost. Only issue is the war spilling into china

Invasion?

Fuck that noise.

Nation-building is where we get into trouble.

Our military is designed to do go in and ass rape you six times a day and twice on Sunday, curb stomp your cherry cum-filled ass and say "Don't you ever think about fucking with us ever again!!".

We'd obliterate the Russian military and leave them ruined.

Yep, the only time it would have been A stalemate would have been the cold war.

Clearly the TS is an idiot troll. So i dont feel like getting bogged down in this shitty post

The only reason America might has been perceived to diminished is due to embedded journalist. War is about destroying the other side at all cost. If that is not the objective then war should never be an option. The moment you try to protect civilian deaths you give up a huge amount of power and bring yourself down to the level of your adversary.

Smart bombs weren’t created to lessen civilian casualties as the media would like you to think but to more accurately enforce your will and power on your enemy. The enemy will sleep less knowing the hole or bunker they are in can no longer protect them from an air strike.

I think this is too simplified. For society to function effectively, a base element of morality is required in order to avoid sheer anarchy. The creation of a degree of morality in the population, means people will refuse to kill on a moral basis. This gets compounded when casualties take place in a war that doesn't have a perceived just cause.

Generally wars raged by first world countries across the globe are wars of aggression window dressed in a humanitarian blanket. When casualties add up, people tend to view things through more critical lens and support for war stops. You don't give up power by trying to protect civilians, you maintain it, else your side comes across as sheerly a genocidal maniacal faction, and that destroys the fabric of your nation.

The use of "smart bombs" are the greatest propaganda tool of our time, because it allows a facade of moral superiority compared to dilapidated enemies who take to "terrorism" in the face of military inferiority. We can say look at us, we are so good and proper as we only target military personnel, whereas our enemies attack the women, children and non-combatants.

We must be doing something right. Notice nobody's coming at us bro!!!!! We've done pretty well for always being the away team.

The one problem the US will have is the pussies that are the millennial generation. Once gen X are retired, we are fucked

The US can crush any others countries militarily.

We "lose" because you can't defeat the ideology these people have and the fact the US doesn't have the stamina nor true commitment to going all in.

Not to mention the rules of engagement fucking suck.

They need to allow our military to take off the baby gloves
Better rules of engagement will change the tactics insurgents use but won't help us 'win' a counter insurgency with nation building attached.

The one problem the US will have is the pussies that are the millennial generation. Once gen X are retired, we are fucked
don't agree but the fitness levels of the demographics that traditionally enlist, yes is a problem.

Don't worry, once the greedy boomers die off, we the Generation Z will take care of their useless bastard children the millennials.

Let’s be real.

I’m not hating. I’m being realistic.

America has won just one time since WWII. Korea considered a draw. Vietnam considered an outright loss (more political, but still). Won desert storm. Iraq and Afghanistan have been failures so far. The main issue with Iraq and Afghanistan is you can’t win because there’s no way you’re going to destroy an idea (an idea that you guys created), but you can’t leave or just ask for peace at this point anymore. Ya fucked up, big time.

Technologically, you’re the best. Strategically, on the ground, hmm..

So amazing that one if your own prefers to use special forces from a different country instead of his own, lol.

I’m not saying any specific country is better because in reality we’re all not nearly as powerful as we think. I honestly feel america has become too reliant on their tech and their soldiers aren’t what they used to be. There’s more to war than just bombs. How are you on the ground? Definitely one of the best still, but without your bombs you’re in a real hard place.

Believe me I’m on your side when I say this. These are just historical facts. So don’t hate on me, hate reality.

I love you, Murica. Canada is more Americanized than you seem to think (except the French part above us).

This is the reality of war. Let’s understand these countries we’ve all made fun of are VERY capable. They’re stronger than you’d think. America has went through hell time and time again and in the end it’s almost always never worked out. War is complicated.

This is gonna upset some people for no reason, but oh well. Ignore facts again and share opinions. Time for war.

I will take your run of the mill West point captain, and a average US Army infantry Company, over any infantry in the world.

When the US Army deploys, they build military cities in 12 hours while foreign nations armies stand around looking for equipment. That is reality.

You say without bombs, the US military is nothing. You are partly right. Without armored vehicles, close air support, communications, superior fire power, supply logistics, and the knowledge to deploy these things in a effective, efficient, and timely manor, the US combat soldier is not very impressive.

And towards the end the deployment of guided bombs in limited numbers, and if politicians stopped playing arm chair generals an
decided to push north 100% they would have lost. Only issue is the war spilling into china

Yep its like starwars the imperials have been portrayed as incompetent on screen and always getting one up by the rebels but in the novelizations and in the expanded universe stories and new canon material the empire is a very dominating force and shows what damage one Star Destroyer can do.

Sorry I geek out!

...meaning, the U.S. military does not take into account civilians on the battlefield? Of course they do, more so in this day and age. It (military) does not go out of its way to kill innocent men, women, and children. They are usually 'collateral' damage. But we (the U.S. military) have killed plenty of innocent civilians through drone strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan in the past.

If you go back to WWII though, Americans and British were killing innocent Germans wholesale. Dresden was bombed on four separate occasions at the end of the war. The city had no military value. About 25,000 dead civilians. Considered by many to be a war crime.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, same story. About 113,000 (combined) innocent civilians died on the first day of the bombing. Twice that number over the next four months. Neither city had a military value.

Smart bombs are laser-guided to their target. More accuracy, and innocent civilians still get killed. If that bunker is deep inside a cave, inside a mountain in Afghanistan, the enemy is well protected. Not even a 5 megaton thermonuclear device will touch him. Nukes don't work very well against mountains -- deflection.

Wait, so your telling me that when they said they dropped the MOAB in Afganistan to collpase the tunnels in the mountains of Afghanistan that the CIA built in the 80's, that was complete BS?

To hell you say.

I still want to know what that dog and pony show was about.

With a tremendous amount of help, 'they' sure did defeat (mostly) ISIS. Without our dedication to OIR I'm certain ISIS would have inflicted even more effects. Now though their government is borderline on the verge of a significant crash. Depending on their still pending elections. Many of the northern MOD units trained by coalition forces during OIF were a complete disappointment. There were however, some very bright stars that held the line. I could write a lot more, but I'll leave it at that. Until the SEALs write books, it's mostly internal at this point.

It's not like it was a super complex matter. They divided themselves along religious lines, as everyone knew they would. That's why ISIS was able to freely cross the Sunni Triangle. Because the Sunni Militias that made up the "Iraqi Army" within the Triangle joined up with them, as they had intended to do from the beginning.

Yes, they had a lot of help. They had air support. But it didn't require a mass re-invasion of Iraq like many thought it would.

America has won just one time since WWII. Korea considered a draw. Vietnam considered an outright loss (more political, but still). Won desert storm. Iraq and Afghanistan have been failures so far. The main issue with Iraq and Afghanistan is you can’t win because there’s no way you’re going to destroy an idea (an idea that you guys created), but you can’t leave or just ask for peace at this point anymore. Ya fucked up, big time.
The military's job is to kill people and blow stuff up. On those tasks we are far and away #1 in the world. The problem is we try to fight surgically precise, politically correct wars and then leave people to their own devices. That my friend is a war you cannot win.

Everyone knows Canada has better special forces, this is old news.

USA just has more grunts and money.
Slightly less trained and 10 times the numbers vs slightly more trained I'd go with the first option but saying that when you need the hard work done and don't want a big mess. you call the Canadians

Let’s be real.

I’m not hating. I’m being realistic.

Technologically, you’re the best. Strategically, on the ground, hmm..

So amazing that one if your own prefers to use special forces from a different country instead of his own, lol.

I’m not saying any specific country is better because in reality we’re all not nearly as powerful as we think. I honestly feel america has become too reliant on their tech and their soldiers aren’t what they used to be. There’s more to war than just bombs. How are you on the ground? Definitely one of the best still, but without your bombs you’re in a real hard place.

Believe me I’m on your side when I say this. These are just historical facts. So don’t hate on me, hate reality.

I love you, Murica. Canada is more Americanized than you seem to think (except the French part above us).

This is the reality of war. Let’s understand these countries we’ve all made fun of are VERY capable. They’re stronger than you’d think. America has went through hell time and time again and in the end it’s almost always never worked out. War is complicated.

This is gonna upset some people for no reason, but oh well. Ignore facts again and share opinions. Time for war.

blah.

the problem is...how do you even "win" the iraq war? vietnam? what would a win look like? we stay there forever, as a policing force, and dont get tired and leave?

the military isnt the problem. its the missions we've chosen.

It's not like it was a super complex matter. They divided themselves along religious lines, as everyone knew they would. That's why ISIS was able to freely cross the Sunni Triangle. Because the Sunni Militias that made up the "Iraqi Army" within the Triangle joined up with them, as they had intended to do from the beginning.

Yes, they had a lot of help. They had air support. But it didn't require a mass re-invasion of Iraq like many thought it would.

I don't agree with all of your assessments. Mainly that the Iraqi army freely joined ISIS. I believe many were coerced, fled, and of course some joined, allot were killed as well. ISIS was allowed freedom of movement by fear of the population not exactly support, but obviously some support as well. It's a minor point but thought I'd mention it.

I wouldn't call it a mass invasion but, not sure when you here last, it might be more then you're alluding to. Our support extended far beyond 'just bombs'. I don't call what we did here a win for us or Iraq. We stopped the bleeding, it had to be done, ISIS was good for no one. Now we wait and see. The election results will be telling, they're still on day 0, for the record.

Back