AMC's INTO THE BADLANDS (Season 3 Premiering April 22, 2018)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: March 8, 2016

AMC Renews INTO THE BADLANDS for a Second Season

Into-the-Badlands-030816-Dragonlord.jpg

AMC is going back to the Badlands. The cable network has renewed its post-apocalyptic martial arts drama for a second season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Picked up straight to series in 2014, the drama from Smallville's Al Gough and Miles Millar will be back with 10 episodes after launching its six-episode run in the plumb post-Walking Dead slot. The drama will not return until 2017, AMC announced Tuesday.

The drama, with a massive marketing push, opened after TV's No. 1 series among adults 19-49 and collected the third-best cable launch of 2015. With three days of delayed viewing, the November debut drew 8.2 million total viewers with 5.1 million among adults 18-49. The strong premiere ranked behind fellow AMC launches with Walking Dead and Breaking Bad off-shoots Fear the Walking Dead (No. 1) and Better Call Saul (No. 2), respectively. Both Into the Badlands and Better Call Saul had the advantage of opening behind Robert Kirkman's zombie drama. All told, Into the Badlands averaged 5.6 million total viewers with 3.4 million in adults under 50 and 3.5 among 25-54.

AMC also used interest in Walking Dead to boost Into the Badlands. The cabler aired previews for upcoming episodes of the ratings behemoth during the Daniel Wu starrer, giving Walking Dead viewers the opportunity to sample its latest offering.

Post-Apocalyptic Martial-Arts Drama 'Into the Badlands' Renewed for a Second Season by AMC

Update: July 14, 2015

First Trailer for AMC's Post-Apocalyptic INTO THE BADLANDS

Into-the-Badlands-071215-Dragonlord.jpg

Fresh off the San Diego Comic-Con presses, AMC debuted a trailer for its new martial arts/drama/fantasy series Into The Badlands, starring Daniel Wu and created, executive produced and showrun by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar (Smallville).

Based loosely on the classic Chinese novel, Journey to the West by Wu Cheng’en, the series follows a fighter — who may be a modern-day version of The Monkey King Son Wu Kong — named Sunny (Wu), who finds and decides to train a lost young boy named M.K. (Knight), and together they trek across a dystopian America ruled by seven Barons and their ruthless armies.

Featuring exceptionally choreographed, action-packed fight scenes (that boast some very cool swordwork), lush fantasy sets that also somehow seem familiar, and a diverse cast of imaginatively crafted characters, the show seems promising, but only time will tell if it becomes a hit. AMC placed an initial order of six episodes which will debut in November of 2015.

Watch: Get Bad With The First Trailer for AMC's 'Into The Badlands'

Last edited:
Dystopian America ruled by barons, swordfights? sold

i'll be watching this, liked the trailer

Looks like that Mortal Kombat tv show

looks good I'll give it a go, but I have a feeling it gets canned before the 1st season is over. Having an Asian Male lead in an American TV drama series is a huge gamble because that is still a foreign concept to the Mainstream Media. It'll either sink or swim only time will tell, I hope it's the latter.

looks good I'll give it a go, but I have a feeling it gets canned before the 1st season is over. Having an Asian Male lead in an American TV drama series is a huge gamble because that is still a foreign concept to the Mainstream Media. It'll either sink or swim only time will tell, I hope it's the latter.

They should've gotten Scarlet Johannson to play the asian guy.

I agree, is the protag supposed to be from what once used to be a Chinatown in what was once one of the major cities?

And this would be better of in Eurasia if with swords and stuff. Wasnt there another show on NBC about the power going out everywhere and everyone has to use melee weapons? That one did not turn out too well.

It's on AMC so I think it'll get at least one full season. They don't really have the reputation for cutting a season short.

This show looks really good to me. I don't think there's really been an American martial arts tv show besides Kung Fu but that show is old as hell. I can't even remember the last good American martial arts movie. Kill Bill 2 I guess. Jet Li had a decent run for a while.

It's on AMC so I think it'll get at least one full season. They don't really have the reputation for cutting a season short.

This show looks really good to me. I don't think there's really been an American martial arts tv show besides Kung Fu but that show is old as hell. I can't even remember the last good American martial arts movie. Kill Bill 2 I guess. Jet Li had a decent run for a while.

40+ years since Bruce Lee's original concept of the TV show Kung Fu which was borrowed to put it lightly and given the lead role to Carradine. With respects to Carradine, I could've only imagined what it would've been like back then if they would've granted him (Bruce Lee) the role as originally conceived to see an Asian male lead albeit Martial Arts genre in a American TV series.

Enter the Dragon had international acclaim when it came out so he would've done just fine helming a TV series. Anyways, excited for the premiere.

Premiere this Sunday!
Looking forward to this show.

Premiere tonight.

The reviews for the first two episodes seem to be mostly positive.

I'll be tuning in. Premise seems interesting, I just fear it may be too stylized for my tastes.

One of my most anticipated new series of this fall. Can't wait to watch the premiere episode.

Why is there an Asian cat with mad squabbles in the Post apocalyptic south? If they set this in the northeast with Martin Csokas playing a warlord/mafioso with an eye tal yin accent or get Chazz Palminteri to play the warlord then make more sense

Looks like a good show. I am gonna wait til about mid season and watch 4 in a row and go from there

Back