AMC's INTO THE BADLANDS (Season 3 Premiering April 22, 2018)

I’m glad about the introduction of the River King, because his existence helps to resolve one of the questions about the setting that have been bugging me: Where does all the opium that Quinn produces end up?

The Cogs don’t look like they can afford the stuff, so it had to be shipped somewhere outside the Badlands, but they kept telling us that nobody leaves the Badlands.

Now we know that isn’t true, the River King’s ships routinely leave the Badlands, presumably taking opium, gold and other products up-river, and bringing back slaves and other commodities that can’t be manufactured by the barons.

I like the baron he looks exactly like connor mcgreggor and sounds like him too
I'm surprised they didn't give him a mustache to twirl.

I love the show. I find it highly entertaining which is the most important thing to me. But, I'm not some elitist with my nose in the clouds complaining about the Baron's accent.

Haha, cant win with these fans sometime. TWD too much story, not too much actions. Into the badlands, too much actions, not too many story.

watch the first 4 epsiode and loke but am annoyed how they are protecting the main guys already. Quen getting a headace the second he is about to kill the chick was dumb and then MK gaining control right before he smashes the girls head in was too. They are protecting certin people to progress the story and fine but dont put them in danger where you know they gonna make it out ok. shit is annoying

Stole the scenery Martin Csokas in The Equalizer but initially thought his alternate reality super drawn out Southern Bayou drawl was annoying as heck but it fits well now and also now his evil-ness is quite the revelation - not quite a monster but yet still a calculating war monger with a method to the madness.

Go to guy for distinct antogonists. Underrated on the big screen I'd say. As always, no mentioning needed for the crazy excellent for the small screen genre-mashup sword-fu.

Second season renewal according to Daniel Wu's Facebook!

I'm enjoying the show and fight scenes.
I'm not expecting high level writing/acting and accept the show for what it is. An entertaining hour of ass kicking.

It'll hold me over until BCS comes back in February.

I'm actually enjoying this show. Just mindlessly fun and with kick ass scenes.

There's always that guaranteed first scene with some brutal deaths or gory fight scenes ^_^

I don't care about the plot, but I am certainly enjoying the action.

action is still good, very consistent. Story is picking up slightly, i'm enjoying it.

action is still good, very consistent. Story is picking up slightly, i'm enjoying it.

They're going to leave a shit ton of dangling plot threads until next season, though.

This show has become a guilty pleasure for me. I actually enjoy it quite a bit.

Can someone explain to me some things about the show?

Like why is Sunny and MK trying to get out of the Badlands? Exactly what are the Badland borders, and what lies beyond?

Why does MK have powers? How does that fit in with the original ancient Chinese tale?

Unless there is some central objective driving the characters to do what they do, then this show will not last. Without, it is just a guy going around and fighting people.

Can someone explain to me some things about the show?

Like why is Sunny and MK trying to get out of the Badlands? Exactly what are the Badland borders, and what lies beyond?

Why does MK have powers? How does that fit in with the original ancient Chinese tale?

Unless there is some central objective driving the characters to do what they do, then this show will not last. Without, it is just a guy going around and fighting people.

MK was supposedly born outside of the Badlands, and is trying to get back home.
Sunny wants out as he's grown weary of the Clipper/Regent lifestyle, has a baby on the way, and is in love, which he's not supposed to be. Plus his baron has a tumor in his head driving him mad.

The Black Widow may also be looking into a way out of the Badlands, hence her interest in MK.

I don't think the vast majority of people in the Badlands know what's outside of the Badlands borders, besides maybe the River King.

I don't know what kind of power MK has or why, but it looks like he's getting better at controlling it.

The show does have a plot, it's not just Sunny going around kicking ass. Though the kicking ass portion of it is certainly the main draw for most people watching, i think.

i gave it a shot, then did i it again but the story and the characters is not helping me like it

Waiting for it to hit Netflix. I next to never follow anything anymore on regular TV.

Back