Ambient , slowcore , shoegaze, dreampop and more...

Moonbog

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Been really into Ambient music for the last couple of years.

Started out with Musical Score/Soundtrack type stuff stemming mostly from my interest in Tangerine Dream...

Ultimately It led me to Harold Budd who I've been fascinated with , and holy shit I'm actually going to see him live soon . His best work I think is collaborations with both Brian Eno and Robin Guthrie . Guthrie collaborations are probably the best , though it's all magic. Below is one of my favorites. I would describe this as ambient.

Harold Budd/ Robin Guthrie - Mysterious Skin Soundtrack

Then there's " slowcore " type stuff

I've been a fan of this band since they first released this stuff in the 90's , I totally picked it up at random on Vinyl in a mostly punk record shop in Huntington Beach. One of my best gambles

Bedhead - Bedside Table

But this ... i've been listening to all day , this is Slowdive .

enjoy and please share some more

Last edited:
Lets get some Japanese Bliss rock and some stoner emo up in here!

one of my favorite bands covering one of my favorite bands

one of my favorite bands covering one of my favorite bands

I notice that they sang the lyrics as "Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of another man", instead of "normal man". That was always an old joke between JD fans.

More trip hop, I guess. But Bowery Electric is known for some shoegazing.

Last edited:
While not quite in the genre, The Verve's first album is actually pretty decent and quite shoegaze/psychedelic with a harder edge imo.

it's amazing to me that robert fripp and brian eno's evening star isn't on youtube, but that was the first song i intended on posting in this thread. anyone into ambient music should try finding it. here are some other songs i recommend for ambient:

and while not entirely-ambient, a very worthy song for this thread:

shoegaze sucks,its like the wimpiest music evr to me,deftones is like the only thing that comes close to that that i could listen to.

love me some Carbon Based Lifeforms when it comes to ambient music

I myself produce Ambient/Dark Ambient

This is from my last ambient album under the banner of Morphine Machine. The album and the song itself pays homage to Robert Rich and Lustmords collaboration album Stalker from 1994. That Dark Ambient album is amazing.

My favorite ambient is and always will be Richard D. James better known as Aphex Twin

Those are just some of my favorite tracks by him. His debut Selected Ambient Works 85-92 is definitely worth getting as is Selected Ambient Works Volume II and Richard D. James album

Also a fan of Japanese ambient artist Tetsu Inoue. His 1994 debut Ambiant Otaku is such a deeply relaxing album. I love at night, sparking up, turning the lights off and just laying down while it plays. A wonderful album

And one last song. Global Communication is an electronic music act, comprising Tom Middleton and Mark Pritchard. This is their debut album titled 76:14. The name of the album comes from the overall length of it and every single song title is the length of the song. This one in particular 14:31 stands out as arguably the best track on the album and one of the finest ambient songs ever produced. I love the ticking clock throughout the whole song.

http://morphinemachine.com/ambient.html <-- This is my list of favorite ambient artists and also what I feel are essential ambient albums one should listen to. I haven't updated it in a few years but it is definitely worth looking at.

Back