Amazon will destroy more jobs than China

Yep.

80 million people have prime.

Some guy was complaining to me about his stuff being late. They tell us to give the customer free month of prime (ha), a refund or replacement. Guy still wasn't happy. How about amazon $5 promo code as well?

This company will do away with banks too. Why pay for banking fees when you do all your shopping with amazon.

Turn your paychecks into Prime bucks and receive free shipping with our slave driver.
Yeah and they're competing in nearly every conceivable industry. Maybe Alexa can replace Google searches! Everyone is on notice!

What's your job?

Be prepared to work in a sweatshop fullfilment center where your efficiency is calculated by a computer that you wear around wrist. It also tracks where you are so don't try to sneak an extra bathroom break in. You get two a day and be grateful.

What's your job?

Be prepared to work in a sweatshop fullfilment center where your efficiency is calculated by a computer that you wear around wrist. It also tracks where you are so don't try to sneak an extra bathroom break in. You get two a day and be grateful.
That shit will all get automated eventually.

I love Amazon.

Be nice to Amazon.

I kill for Amazon.
Working in a fulfillment center that would rather have private ambulances to take you to the hospital than a.c., you will be killed at Amazon.

I remember when they were just an online book store.

Good, jobs suck.

Automation means less work for people, and most people don't like to work. Win-win.

Bolldozers and heavy equipment took thousands of jobs, but do people really want to go back to digging tunnels with pick axes?

My local mall had 2 book stores!
Yeah, I'm on long island and they were all over. You'll see a Barnes & Noble here and there but most have been wiped out.

Call me old fashioned but I like hard cover books. I still use my Kindle though so I'll share the blame!

Its not a monopoly when there are multiple options and the people gravitate towards one, and then the others run out of rope. The steam engine and horse and buggies did not die out because the combustible engine was a monopoly

Automation for bean counters seems like a dream, it isn't. For people who actually work with manufacturing processes it can be a nightmare. However, the bean counters are so focused on their dollars that they can't see the bigger picture. We already have good manufacturing processes, but bean counters think automating will get more money in their pocket, when they don't even understand anything about automation. Upkeep/Skilled Workers/Ect eat into their profit but since they see workers as tools they think they can easily replace them. Same scoundrels that want something for nothing like all "manager" types, they know nothing about the process but still want to fuck with it.

Lol, a whole six months eh?

Last edited:
Its not a monopoly when there are multiple options and the people gravitate towards one, and then the others run out of rope. The steam engine and horse and buggies did not die out because the combustible engine was a monopoly

Yeah, I think some are using the term without truly understanding it.

The cable companies do have monopolies on certain areas because they are the only choice. In every industry Amazon is involved in, there are other competitors. The issue is that Amazon just does it better than everyone else.

Working in a fulfillment center that would rather have private ambulances to take you to the hospital than a.c., you will be killed at Amazon.
All their fulfillment centers have heatihe and ac. Lol if other companies were better at their business then Amazon wouldn't be able to overtake them.

Yeah, I think some are using the term without truly understanding it.

The cable companies do have monopolies on certain areas because they are the only choice. In every industry Amazon is involved in, there are other competitors. The issue is that Amazon just does it better than everyone else.

baby bell's are a grey area -- technically there is no area in the US where you can not get satellite data. And, owning a line is not itself a monopoly -- other competitors can run their own infrastructure but have to convince municipalities and people of cities to tear up their shit to put them in.

A better example in the US is the push to privatize Air traffic control -- which is a natural monopoly that cant have competition

However, back on topic -- amazon is most definitely not a monopoly. You have an extraordinary amount of e-commerce options

With the UFC airing on Amazon now. It brings up an interesting subject.

Roughly 2 million jobs were lost because manufacturing departed for China. On the brighter side, those jobs were located in a few cities.

The jobs that Amazon will destroy are located everywhere. Jobs in retail shops, restaurants, supermarkets, cleaning services, rental services, delivery services and more.

Tax paying jobs are being lost. We all know that Amazon "contractor" drivers are not going to report their complete earnings. Just like Bozos doesn't pay sales taxes.

I mean the UFC could have bolstered its own website but they have fallen in line with the Amazonization of the world. WME knows Bozos is their daddy. They are boot-licking while the boot-licking is good.

You folks just don't understand what Amazon has up its sleeves for us. I have worked for this company for 6 months and I'm nothing there. And I can tell you that no one is safe.

My question is: how will we offered Prime when have no job?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...-more-american-jobs-than-china-did-2017-01-19

Amazon has been buying huge old warehouses in my state, they've got a million sq-foot distribution center and will be adding a few more huge facilities.

I won't be surprised if employee suicides spike in the near future.

NICE.. i heart amazon.. i should buy more of their stock

All their fulfillment centers have heatihe and ac. Lol if other companies were better at their business then Amazon wouldn't be able to overtake them.
Some of their fulfillment centers have a.c. And only a very small percentage of them have healthcare because they are not employees.

Back