Amazon did Beta testing & UPDATED a deal is signed to air PPV (FP still in play)

I can also make up news based on sources unknown and confirm it by cropped out word documents.

Curious to see how this unfolds, but some of the folks in here seem to have the wrong idea on what this would mean.

If we're lucky, they'd give prime subscribers access to the library at no additional cost. That would actually be pretty cool.

But there is almost zero chance this will change the price of watching live PPV events.

I'm thinking best case scenario the folks that currently have Prime and Fight Pass will end up saving like $10 a month.

However, that could potentially bring in a lot more new fans which would be good for the company and mostly good for the fans (obviously that could have some negative consequences for the "hardcore fans" but that's a whole other issue).

Curious to see how this unfolds, but some of the folks in here seem to have the wrong idea on what this would mean.

If we're lucky, they'd give prime subscribers access to the library at no additional cost. That would actually be pretty cool.

But there is almost zero chance this will change the price of watching live PPV events.

I'm thinking best case scenario the folks that currently have Prime and Fight Pass will end up saving like $10 a month.

However, that could potentially bring in a lot more new fans which would be good for the company and mostly good for the fans (obviously that could have some negative consequences for the "hardcore fans" but that's a whole other issue).
I agree. I think fight pass hasn’t taken off as much as they would have liked. Better to get some money from primes huge user base but that’s all. Just the catalog of fights and over seas fight nights.

I agree. I think fight pass hasn’t taken off as much as they would have liked. Better to get some money from primes huge user base but that’s all. Just the catalog of fights and over seas fight nights.

From what I heard FP was not up for sale, but others started making offers that WME had to listen to.
It isn't them unloading FP

But I will have more info on Fri hopefully & link the article here

From what I heard FP was not up for sale, but others started making offers that WME had to listen to.
It isn't them unloading FP

But I will have more info on Fri hopefully & link the article here
I don’t think it’s an offload just another revenue stream for that content since it’s better to get a few bucks than 0.

I don’t think it’s an offload just another revenue stream for that content since it’s better to get a few bucks than 0.

FP is profitable, they are not making zero & Amazon offered to buy it outright.
If they do (or not) is the Q
;)

I have seen every single PPV the UFC has ever put on and any big boxing event and never paid one dime. My Laptop is good enough to take in the living room and hook the HDMI up and stream away.
The site I use is in England and it is the only one I know of that has stood the test of time and I have no idea why but never been knocked off there

PM link for a fellow English lad. X

Yeah about Netflix,I’m sure a company worth over a $100 billion dollars and announced they were spending $16 billion on programming just last summer can’t afford $450 million for a second tier sports programming.

The guy you were responding to had so many things wrong in his post I didn't bother to write this.

Of course Netflix can afford Fight Pass, but its not a remote option because Reed Hastings has specifically said he's not interested in live sports.

Nobody knows their product better than Netflix, and according to their CEO, live sports isn't their product.

Back