Amazon did Beta testing & UPDATED a deal is signed to air PPV (FP still in play)

Revenue? I read somewhere (again let me know if i am wrong, haven't followed wrestling since a kid) that their reported revenue dropped after moving away from a ppv model.
Oh! No I didn’t hear that. I thought you meant in terms of the product they put out. I could see where the ufc would not have a huge insensitive to put on big cards if they aren’t fighting for buys.

As someone who is working with Japanese people on daily basis I can say they are going crazy over this Amazon shit. I think it's gonna be huge in Japan.

Oh man I'd love it if amazon would stream RIZIN, One, Bellator, Sumo etc. More more more!

Ufc wouldn't sell for anything less than 100 mil. So, let's say Amazon pays 150. All they need is 300 from NBC or Fox, or whoever, and they made their 450.

Amazon has the moolah to shell out all or part of 450 million. Netflix probably doesn't. Not sure about NBC or Fox. It's all about the cash reserves, of which amazon & sony are right now looking quite strong. Didn't think I'd ever say this before now but espn has fucked itself with all the current competition out there and by doing stupid irritating talk show horse shit. Though they do have ABC / Disney behind them and we'll soon see how committed Disney is to starting its own streaming service.

Following up on news I shared HERE

I found out through a tip & researched it further that Amazon tested broadcasting UFC 221 on its app/platforms on Saturday night.

It was not widespread & rumored to be a Beta test invitation only.

This might be a sign that Fight Pass to Amazon (as Meltzer reported) is a strong possibility & part of UFC's changes in product distribution.

This is true. UFC 221 was available to select Amazon employees at a special discount price. I was fortunate to enjoy it. The stream quality was great-- no issues or complaints here.

Teh Chris was actually even MORE smug, watching Salt-hold get COMAed from the crowd. Dude had a shit-eating grin from ear to ear, while Luke was getting violated.

That Evil fuk.

lmao

Perhaps if he stuck to his boxing instead of spinning shit, Weidman too would have knocked Luke out cold.

They need to rematch

Ufc wouldn't sell for anything less than 100 mil. So, let's say Amazon pays 150. All they need is 300 from NBC or Fox, or whoever, and they made their 450.
Amazon paid $50 million for 11 Thursday night NFL games this season. I don't think the current FP would be worth near $100 million per year. There's few live events, a couple prelims per event, and the library.

Am I the only one with Amazon Prime who can tell a mile away that this will never be included with Prime? It'll be an additional cost on top of your Prime membership. You'll still have to pay for Fight Pass. Anything that suggests otherwise seems too good to be true.
Exactly what I was thinking. Most movies and shows on Amazon through Roku you have to pay for or pay to rent, even when you have Amazon prime.

Gladly take that as a AP bonus!

(pay for both already)

If Amazon had a prime/ufc package that included fight pass and ppv for 20-30 a month I'd be all over it. For now I'll continue to skip and stream these shithouse cards they're asking $65 for.

Am I the only one with Amazon Prime who can tell a mile away that this will never be included with Prime? It'll be an additional cost on top of your Prime membership. You'll still have to pay for Fight Pass. Anything that suggests otherwise seems too good to be true.

Possibly. But amazon is also good at what the retail industry sometimes refers to as a 'loss leader.' In other words, spend money and maybe not makes tons of money on something that brings people in, and then those same people are more likely to spend on other stuff that you offer. An example would be a higher end market like Whole Foods having cheap or competitive prices for basic stuff like milk & eggs. Then the customer who comes in might be more likely to buy imported olives that cost 30 bucks or whatever.

Amazon has the moolah to shell out all or part of 450 million. Netflix probably doesn't. Not sure about NBC or Fox. It's all about the cash reserves, of which amazon & sony are right now looking quite strong. Didn't think I'd ever say this before now but espn has fucked itself with all the current competition out there and by doing stupid irritating talk show horse shit. Though they do have ABC / Disney behind them and we'll soon see how committed Disney is to starting its own streaming service.
Yeah about Netflix,I’m sure a company worth over a $100 billion dollars and announced they were spending $16 billion on programming just last summer can’t afford $450 million for a second tier sports programming.

Yeah about Netflix,I’m sure a company worth over a $100 billion dollars and announced they were spending $16 billion on programming just last summer can’t afford $450 million for a second tier sports programming.
And Bright IMO was quite enjoyable, more please!

It's paying for original programming. Is it interested in sports programming? Wondering if it's an interested party involved in the negotiations we're discussing / speculating about here.

If amazon added a streaming partnership with the UFC I'd watch every event available on prime. As others have said already I too watched multiple NFL games on the amazon prime stream offering so the model definitely works. Pretty sure Netflix will pivot and try to do the same thing if Amazon goes full steam ahead with this model. I'm betting Amazon is finding better profit margins with partnerships rather than outright movie/series production. The amount of money Netflix throws at content to keep itself relevant today is unsustainable in the long run.

I've been an Amazon user since 2005 and those assholes didn't invite me?

I have seen every single PPV the UFC has ever put on and any big boxing event and never paid one dime. My Laptop is good enough to take in the living room and hook the HDMI up and stream away.
The site I use is in England and it is the only one I know of that has stood the test of time and I have no idea why but never been knocked off there
Good thing not everyone is like you or we'd have no UFC

A probable test to see if Amazon can perform better than FP. it seems this will give another profit this year for WME. i wonder what would be the future with the declining interest in mma, while WME does all this deals to get cash.

Back