Amazon did Beta testing & UPDATED a deal is signed to air PPV (FP still in play)

The test once again proved....DC is the ultimate beta.

Calling DC a beta is just stupid, even for the internet. The worst anyone can say reasonably about DC as an MMA fighter is that he's not as good as Jon Jones.

Btw ... I heard the testing was for $1.
So the Beta included registration, payment & viewing

That would be good news. The only thing that sucks about Amazon is that they don't accept Pay Pal. Other than that they are a great service.

That would be good news. The only thing that sucks about Amazon is that they don't accept Pay Pal. Other than that they are a great service.

If you have a PP account in good standing, you can get a PP debit card for free.

How will Amazon be able to store the whole UFC/Pride fight library? (i've never had or used amazon prime, i have netflix though)
They may already be storing it. Amazon Web Services provides cloud storage for tons of companies. It could be who the UFC is using right now.

Well FP is cheap enough that it doesn't really matter, but if I got it with Prime, then yeah that'd be great.

I have Prime but don't get my money out of it. I don't shop online much, and whenever I want to watch a movie, about 90% chance it's not on Prime. I actually just got it one time when the item I wanted was "prime only" and the fact that not having Prime makes them take like 3 days to ship anything. So having FP on it would be great.

If you had Amazon Prime everything on Fight Pass would be included so you would not only save money but you would get all of the Amazon movie and music content free along with free 2 day delivery from Amazon. Basically you REALLY want this to happen!
Strange to think Fight pass would go from $100/yr. & then be added at no additional cost to another service that also costs 100/yr... but hey... maybe they feel Fight Pass will add a lot of viewers to their service.

That said, I'm all for it. Get fight pass plus all the bennies of Amazon Prime. Sweet!!

Please tell me how you streamed the early UFC PPV's.

I'll wait.

Don't do it bro!

QFURzla.gif

If you have a PP account in good standing, you can get a PP debit card for free.

I do have Pay Pal credit. I don't have a physical card though. I suppose I could sign up for the card, but I like having the convenience of just signing in with Pay Pal and not messing around with a card.

I'll wait.

The first streams I ever came across were on Justin TV and that was around 2007-2008; but yeah what the hell would he have been streaming the fights on in 1993 his Atari :D

Strange to think Fight pass would go from $100/yr. & then be added at no additional cost to another service that also costs 100/yr... but hey... maybe they feel Fight Pass will add a lot of viewers to their service.

That said, I'm all for it. Get fight pass plus all the bennies of Amazon Prime. Sweet!!
and retention. consider 2010 Netflix. they were doing just fine - making hundreds of millions - before Orange is the new Black and House of Cards. so why spend dozens of millions on their own original programming?

because if they don't, someone else will. and Hulu just captured the first streaming "Outstanding Drama" Emmy.

all these guys are making a lot of money. making money next year isn't their concern - they're also looking 10 years into the future.

damn it's great time for TV.

I thought about this as well but correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the WWE subsription service a big part of why they have declined so much?
Declined in what way?

I have seen every single PPV the UFC has ever put on and any big boxing event and never paid one dime. My Laptop is good enough to take in the living room and hook the HDMI up and stream away.
The site I use is in England and it is the only one I know of that has stood the test of time and I have no idea why but never been knocked off there
<{poor?}>

I'll wait.
Back in the day there was a way to bypass stuff in cable boxes and basically get every PPV channel for free. My dad used to rig them when I was a kid and got every boxing event free. The earliest I remember was maybe 1995.

Later on there was a way to rig the cards that were put in Dish receivers where you’d get all the PPV channels free too. I remember seeing PRIDE events back in 2003 with the rigged Dish receivers.

Declined in what way?

Revenue? I read somewhere (again let me know if i am wrong, haven't followed wrestling since a kid) that their reported revenue dropped after moving away from a ppv model.

Revenue? I read somewhere (again let me know if i am wrong, haven't followed wrestling since a kid) that their reported revenue dropped after moving away from a ppv model.

It has, but it was headed down anyway due to the decline in PPV
WWE network has vastly under-performed as far as expected subs, but the network is profitable due to a lot of budget cuts.

WWE spends a lot to make a little
in 2017 they will have profited about 1/8-1/9 of UFC, while grossing a lot more

Am I the only one with Amazon Prime who can tell a mile away that this will never be included with Prime? It'll be an additional cost on top of your Prime membership. You'll still have to pay for Fight Pass. Anything that suggests otherwise seems too good to be true.

Ufc wouldn't sell for anything less than 100 mil. So, let's say Amazon pays 150. All they need is 300 from NBC or Fox, or whoever, and they made their 450.

Back