Amazon deleting one star reviews of Clintons new book

Lol amazing job TS. Truly master craftsman like job you did on the mods and veteran posters with your OP.

You all got destroyed in this thread. Every post and page brought tremendous satisfaction.

<13>

I refuse to go fuck myself. Now what? That's right, you're going to sit there and observe me not fucking myself. And then you're going to get mad at the words I'm typing.

Your post doesn't address what I said, in any way. I can try again. If Coulter, or whichever one of your preferred con artists you'd like to substitute, received obvious troll reviews, and Amazon deleted them for being troll reviews, you would not, at all, not even a little, have an objection to that. That's how you're full of shit here. Your objection is not to Amazon's behavior, but Amazon's behavior as it pertains to your bias. You're playing a dumb game that produces no winners. Your father played a similar game with your mother some time ago, but that was before you were born.
<18>
<18>
<18>

Who the fuck cares? I aint buying the book. I could care less about the reviews.
There are better things to be angry about.

If the one star reviews are fake because the book isn't out yet would t the rest be fake too?

How much longer until amazon only allows reviews from confirmed purchasers?

If the one star reviews are fake because the book isn't out yet would t the rest be fake too?
A lot of people get advanced copies that's why the early review are always so high.

And yet still more reliable than Best Buy's in-house electronic reviews. I cannot be the only person who thinks this.

Amazon has had so many problems with that book review system. Publishers and authors have been caught spamming negative reviews for competitors, or positive reviews for themselves. I can't say I've ever paid much attention to it. I care what the public has to say about how a lawnmower works, and the collective numeric value of that, not what their opinion is about a set of ideas in a work of nonfiction. Why would I draw my own opinion from herd think?

Not that it makes sense, but I just realized I don't care with fictional books, either. That's inconsistent. After all, I do tend to take note of IMDb and RT/MC for movies (although the latter's scores are pretty much a matter of pure business now, and are no longer useful). Yet I don't care for books. I don't care about music reviews, either, but I sift resources like MC, Pitchfork, Billboard, Spotify trending, and others when I'm trying to narrow down a listening discovery of new groups. Don't even do that for books with reviews.

I adored their service that tracked which books were most popular in given circles, but they got rid of that. You used to be able to see what the bestselling books were at the various universities like Harvard or Stanford were, or by location (ex. New York City). Some of the major corporations were even included (ex. what Google employees were reading). I miss that. Otherwise, I usually take note of the major award winners like the Pulitzer or National Book Award, but ultimately the nonfiction books I end up opening tend to come from the WSJ editorial review section. Those editorial writers are really good at selling a book.

Book reviews on amazon can be good if you go by the "most helpful" reviews for and against. Goodreads . com is better though.

If you want to read really useless reviews go check out the reviews for vitamins and supplements. They are filled with 5 star reviews claiming they cure every ailment under the sun. I suspect many of them are genuine placebo cases.

Amazon does this sometimes with troll reviews by people that are not verified purchasers, not a big deal.

On a side note the book title is strangely reminiscent of OJ's "If I Did It" in some respects.

I'd say almost all the one star reviews are probably from people like you who wouldn't even like it if she wrote the next great epic.

"Oh look another idiot with a yellow card"

LMFAO

And there are already plenty of stupid claims made by Hillary in her book that automatically give it a one star

Last edited:
A lot of people get advanced copies that's why the early review are always so high.

Book reviews on amazon can be good if you go by the "most helpful" reviews for and against. Goodreads . com is better though.

If you want to read really useless reviews go check out the reviews for vitamins and supplements. They are filled with 5 star reviews claiming they cure every ailment under the sun. I suspect many of them are genuine placebo cases.
Since vitamins don't do anything and even the daily recommended amounts are based on nothing I would agree vitamins and supplements are garbage. Fish oil seems to help about a quarter of people who take it, self reported though.

About the advanced copies, are any of the one star reviews by people who got one?

Twitter should start deleting the tweets of every person who can't decipher the difference in defending free speech and defending racists.

Since vitamins don't do anything and even the daily recommended amounts are based on nothing I would agree vitamins and supplements are garbage. Fish oil seems to help about a quarter of people who take it, self reported though.

About the advanced copies, are any of the one star reviews by people who got one?
I'd guess it's possible although the advanced copies are generally given to people within their circle and other's that are most likely guaranteed to leave glowing reviews.

Goodreads is definitely where it's at. I use their algorithm based on "circles" of other users who have read and enjoyed/liked the same stuff as me.

Kindle Voyage ftw.

Back