Amazing stat on fight pullouts in 2018

I really keep my expectations low in general as far as fights actually happening,something I have learned to do quite well after 25 years of watching the sport but it's still a kick in the grapes and I couldn't keep my expectations super low cause this was such a sick fight.Like most of you i'm getting so sick of the big fights falling through.

You know what would be really cool is seeing a % of co/main event fights changing or cancelled compared to non co/main's,I bet the difference is huge.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular but it's starting to get pretty disheartening.
The two fights I was most interested in this year , Max vs Ortega & Kabib vs Tony were both scrapped at the last minute

You get what you pay for...

Edit: it is a grueling sport though and these guys are underpaid. Why risk your long-term health for some short money?

I've had the same thought and aired them on here. This sport is fucking tough, all the practice they put in, practice rounds to get in shape for a championship fight... and now they want USADA involved so they're all "legit" and not juiced. I'm sorry, but the PEDs and steroids gone, that shit is even tougher to stay in the game. I mean look at NFL players, they're wearing pads, helmets, and whats the life span for a NFL player? Not that long before they tap out, and they're making some decent scratch.

I think bringing in USADA to clean this sport up, has had some good effects on it, but it's also showing the bad it brings to the sport. People can't cut weight like they did, can't recover like they did, can't heal their bodies out of competition with different shit. These pullouts are sport killers, I mean what happened to that Affliction shit where Barnett popped and killed the whole thing? With there being no real faces of UFC for them to promote and for kasuals to take an interest to, what's gonna hold this $4 billion dollar company afloat?

I
You can’t expect the fighters to be professionals when the UFC doesn’t pay them like real professional athletes.

There's a reason why Conor never pulls out, he's the only one getting paid big money so there's no way he's leaving that much money on the table for not fighting. He's a big fucken 145lb'er too and he still always shows up to the fight when he was a FW.

I dont understand youre point. So being unprofessional, risking a bad weight cut so you dont get paid a dime, is Worth more than being a Professional and cashing in on the fight? If Your implying that top fighters work a side job and therfore its hard to keep up With dieting and so forth I can understand, but Im talking about main and co-main fighters that dose this full time and talks openly about blowing up between camps, eating crappy Foods and chilling out.
These guys can pay a one time fee to a top nutritionist to get an off seasson plan, but they dont, they rather pay a nutritionist to baby them full time through the last 6 weeks of a camp.
Money is not the reasson imo, its the gym culture that exists amon fighters and fighter mentality. Unhealthy Foods and over eating seems to be an Escape for these fighters after putting in two hard sessions at the gym a day.

I

I dont understand youre point. So being unprofessional, risking a bad weight cut so you dont get paid a dime, is Worth more than being a Professional and cashing in on the fight? If Your implying that top fighters work a side job and therfore its hard to keep up With dieting and so forth I can understand, but Im talking about main and co-main fighters that dose this full time and talks openly about blowing up between camps, eating crappy Foods and chilling out.
These guys can pay a one time fee to a top nutritionist to get an off seasson plan, but they dont, they rather pay a nutritionist to baby them full time through the last 6 weeks of a camp.
Money is not the reasson imo, its the gym culture that exists amon fighters and fighter mentality. Unhealthy Foods and over eating seems to be an Escape for these fighters after putting in two hard sessions at the gym a day.
Fighters are willing to skip out on making 30k/30k to ensure their overall brand doesn't get tarnished by losing a fight because of a bad weight cut.
If you were guaranteed to make 5 million from PPV points like Conor, you would ensure that you show up to every fight. Conor losing doesn't even hurt his brand anymore.

That's his point.

I

I dont understand youre point. So being unprofessional risking a bad weight cut so you dont get paid a dime is Worth more than being a Professional and cashing in on the fight? If Your implying that top fighters work a side job and therfore its hard to keep up With dieting and so forth I can understand, but Im talking about main and co-main fighters that dose this full time and talks openly about blowing up between camps, eating crappy Foods and chilling out.
Money is not the reasson imo, its the gym culture that exists amon fighters and fighters mentality. Unhealthy Foods and over eating seems to be an Escape for these fighters after putting in two hard sessions at the gym a day.
So you don't believe money is the reason? Do you even know what other pro athletes get paid in other major sports? Can you imagine lebron james or tom brady getting paid 48k/48k to stick to a strict diet all year long? Even players in the NFL practice squad makes way more money than the lower/mid tier UFC fighters. And plus, the UFC does not cover the gym fees, or coaches fees. In no other major sports organizations are the athletes responsible to pay for training and coaches and dieting. It's supposed to the the organization's responsibility to take care of all of that. On top of getting paid peanuts to fight, these fighters have to cover for all of their own fees. You even heard the UFC doesn't even want to pay for fight week expenses this week, that's how cheap the UFC is, it's Busch League. And they control all of the fighter's sponsors, how do you expect these fighters to make any money??

Fuck, such a incredible matchup spoiled by this pullout plague.

So you don't believe money is the reason? Do you even know what other pro athletes get paid in other major sports? Can you imagine lebron james or tom brady getting paid 48k/48k to stick to a strict diet all year long? Even players in the NFL practice squad makes way more money than the lower/mid tier UFC fighters. And plus, the UFC does not cover the gym fees, or coaches fees. In no other major sports organizations are the athletes responsible to pay for training and coaches and dieting. It's supposed to the the organization's responsibility to take care of all of that. On top of getting paid peanuts to fight, these fighters have to cover for all of their own fees. You even heard the UFC doesn't even want to pay for fight week expenses this week, that's how cheap the UFC is, it's Busch League. And they control all of the fighter's sponsors, how do you expect these fighters to make any money??

I was trained by a pro boxer who made 10K per fight and he ate tuna Fish and rice everyday, 3 times a day + vegitables a couple days in the week to stay in shape With no Money in the bank. He was not only my trainer but also a dear friend, so witnessed hes diciplin first hand. Food was functional, it was about preformance, not happieness and joy. These so called pro fighters use Food as a sorce to happiness and joy, they should find an other out to serve that purpose if they want to be pros imo.
Sure they need a lot of cash in the bank if they want to eat healthy and have meals taste deliciouse, but I dont see why Food needs to taste deliciouse when their signed up on a 50/50 contract. If theres a will thers a way!

I was trained by a pro boxer who made 10K per fight and he ate tuna Fish and rice everyday, 3 times a day + vegitables a couple days in the week to stay in shape With no Money in the bank. He was not only my trainer but also a dear friend, so witnessed hes diciplin first hand. Food was functional, it was about preformance, not happieness and joy. These so called pro fighters use Food as a sorce to happiness and joy, they should find an other out to serve that purpose if they want to be pros imo.
Sure they need a lot of cash in the bank if they want to eat healthy and have meals taste deliciouse, but I dont see why Food needs to taste deliciouse when their signed up on a 50/50 contract. If theres a will thers a way!
Right, because boxers have to train for wrestling, muay thai, jiu jitsu and all of the other martial arts too? Boxers just have to worry about 1 discipline only, you still don't see the difference? All while getting paid peanuts compared to other major sports. How can they afford to pay all of their different coaches and training partners??

Yes, you

Yes, this same lack of thinking is what made you trust that dumb Bitch you are paying 18yrs of child support for. Dumb motherfuckers.rofl<seedat>
damn, you went in hard

Right, because boxers have to train for wrestling, muay thai, jiu jitsu and all of the other martial arts too? Boxers just have to worry about 1 discipline only, you still don't see the difference? All while getting paid peanuts compared to other major sports. How can they afford to pay all of their different coaches and training partners??
Whats the difference? more diceplins? What I dont understand is how they can afford to not be pros when they dont get paid when not fighting? Sure, Money might be a factor for their diciplin issues but Im not sure if thats the only factor, or even if its the bigest factor. Youre saying that if every fighter got paid 1 mil a fight there would be no more failed weight cuts? There would be no diciplin issues? I can assure you that Conor McGregor never had any diciplin issues when he was moving up the ranks earning peanuts. The diciplin issue for Conor came when he was Rich and fought Diaz the first time and came in 6-7 pounds over hes peak preformance weight. GSP never had any diciplin issues before he becaem wealthy either. We have 100 of examples of undercard fighters in the UFC that cut huge amounts of weight and that never have missed weight cuz theyre aware of how important their diet is in order to make a living.

damn, you went in hard
Preciate it.lol. He is WAYYY to arrogant to be the admitted loser that he is. I grew up around savages in Bmore and have coached quite a few badasses to victory in the boxing game.

That lifelong LAME isn't fit to disrespect anyone, let alone me.lol

Back