Amazing stat on fight pullouts in 2018

The more fighters are paid, the easier it is for them to pull out of fights. In addition, they can afford management teams and coaches who care about their well-being.

If you go back to the earlier days of the UFC, when everyone was making 15/15, they had no choice but to fight or else they would get kicked out of their apartments.

They weren’t just “hungry“, they were literally hungry. Hungry starving people don’t pull out of fights.

Nah, most of them had jobs so weren't starving. Back in the 90s there were very few pros who didn't have another job.

The absolute state of the UFC post-Conor.
0djawBo4yZipmHxPt0_OC_p33GJ5z7qsdxXuCXCZyjaoGl0ZDjoivz8Rv2k-zyZkNn1phjng4-xr6N8V-bT16RJXXh8vvqJbUlZqXmM=w480-h270-nc
I think you mean post usada

And people wonder why interest in MMA is waning.
Yep. Was going to buy this card now its unlikely, what is promoted beforehand is not the product we are getting.

Strip Holloway immediately. Send a message that screwing the fans screws yourself. If Ortega won't fight anyone strip his #1 contendership. Gray Maynard vs Artem Lobov for the real championship at 145.

I’m more surprised there has been at least 17 ufc events in 2018.

Something like concussion symptoms is perfectly excusable. Missing weight or getting popped for PEDs is not.

Solution:
- Mandatory title defense within a year of winning belt/last defense. NOT just scheduling a fight, but actually fighting and defending. Legitimacy of the reason for not defending is irrelevant (such as genuine injury, for example), except for mere sympathy. In all venues of life, to do a job you have to be fit to do the job. If you're unfit for long enough, you're passed over and have to work your way back up if/when you are healthy again.
- Missed weight: stripped if champion. Regardless of championship status, fighter is immediately moved up one division for at least two fights.
- Pull out of more than two fights in one year (generous figure): become ineligible for main card spots for at least two fights.

BONUS: adopt ONE FC policy against weight cutting.

Last edited:
More news on pullouts. . . Now, more fighters are having less kids.

My idea of punishing fighters for pull outs ain't looking so bad now is it....

Says a lot about the poor state of the professionality in MMA.
Thats my point. How these guys have the nerve to blow up between camps, talk about their weight in off seasson interviews and tell us «it is what it is» when they pull out cuz of weight issues is beyond me.

Injuries run MMA

The Fertitias conned WME.
Sort of. The issue is the Fertitas were the actual brains behind the product. Dana was the figurehead they gave marching orders to and allowed to be the 'colorful personality' out front. Letting Dana actually run things has been a complete disaster.

Sort of. The issue is the Fertitas were the actual brains behind the product. Dana was the figurehead they gave marching orders to and allowed to be the 'colorful personality' out front. Letting Dana actually run things has been a complete disaster.

But... but Dana made MMA into what it is whithout him there is no MMA

<36>

One comment there really nails it for me.

"It's so frustrating being a fan of this dumb sport!"

Says a lot about the poor state of the professionality in MMA.
Thats my point. How these guys have the nerve to blow up between camps, talk about their weight in off seasson interviews and tell us «it is what it is» when they pull out cuz of weight issues is beyond me.
You can’t expect the fighters to be professionals when the UFC doesn’t pay them like real professional athletes.

There's a reason why Conor never pulls out, he's the only one getting paid big money so there's no way he's leaving that much money on the table for not fighting. He's a big fucken 145lb'er too and he still always shows up to the fight when he was a FW.

That’s why you should never get too excited for a fight after the early weigh ins

Back