Amazing stat on fight pullouts in 2018

And got arrested with an impending trial. Please stop the nuthugging.

Exactly, he's so unstoppable the NYPD had to get involved. Doesn't get much more badass than that.

Name me another UFC fighter who challenged a bus and took out 6 other UFC fighters.

You can't.

ComplexComposedDromedary.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3248-1374871927-11.gif

I'm baffled at pull outs that are not weight related the week of, or even the week prior of fight night. You don't go hard in sparing -- it's just condition and fine tuning

In my opinion, the frequency of fight cancellations is the top threat to the long-term viability of the sport. Ticket sales, PPV buys, and general fan excitement are reliant on the idea that fights will actually happen. We've getting so jaded that it's difficult to get excited for any fight, even a blockbuster fight, until they actually step foot in the octagon.

Don't even pay attention to the cards anymore. If there is a cool fight happening in 10 minutes, then I'll watch it. Otherwise, there is no point in getting excited for something that will most likely get cancelled.

Says a lot about the poor state of the professionality in MMA.

It's the result of the entire "sport" consisting of D level athletes. They can't make it to fight night because they don't have the discipline to keep their weight under control, and are constantly getting injured because their bodies can't handle the strenuous training

UFC can never fix this because majority of their fighters have recurring injuries. Even the youngest mma prospect has injuries so how can you build a sport if all of them are injured and they are just hiding it? You can't. That is why UFC is regressing. Being an MMA fighter requires multiple skills to master just to become average. Gone were the days where you can be a champ because you are good at one discipline. It's sad to say this but maybe steroids actually helped the fighters recover from their injuries during the pre-USADA era.

UFC can never fix this because majority of their fighters have recurring injuries. Even the youngest mma prospect has injuries so how can you build a sport if all of them are injured and they are just hiding it? You can't. That is why UFC is regressing. Being an MMA fighter requires multiple skills to master just to become average. Gone were the days where you can be a champ because you are good at one discipline. It's sad to say this but maybe steroids actually helped the fighters recover from their injuries during the pre-USADA era.
I think the combination of overtraining and cutting massive amounts of weight in a short period of time are a recipe for disaster and we are seeing it on almost every card.

Now that I think about it, isn't Yancy in the same gym as Max while he trains in Hawaii? what the fuck are they doing over there? trying to be the new AKA.
That’s why Max is such a great fighter. They go hard

Why would anyone buy tickets at all in advance?
some people want to get the "good" seats before they are all taken, or they buy it with their flights and hotels so they can plan their trip accordingly, or they scalp and resell them for higher value on the market, who knows?

Fucking joke.

Now that I think about it, isn't Yancy in the same gym as Max while he trains in Hawaii? what the fuck are they doing over there? trying to be the new AKA.
holy shit now that you mention him.. yancy sounds punchy as fuck in the count down interveiw ... dang...

Back