Amazing main event or rest of the card?

ArtOfDrowning

Lecter Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Recently we had many very boring main events. Actually some of those cards were entertaining but main event was a total snoozefest.

So I'm curious what do you prefer? To have an awesome night of fights with a very boring main event or meh fights with an amazing main event? What is more important for you?

Can I take boring Prelims and an Amazing Main Card?

Otherwise I'd have to say the Main Event. I'm usually fairly invested in it.

Interesting Q

In my case it depends on the fighters.
i could certainly say main, if the main fight is something I'm invested in like DC/Stipe

I would prefer to have a decent card all around, even with a sucky main event. If I am not interested in the main event (insert any Amanda Nunes fight), then I will happily skip it.

100% it's all about the main. The excitement and anticipation for the main creates an atmosphere that makes every fight feel more important. Especially as every aspect of the promotion becomes more uniform, the atmosphere created by the main is everything. 2 unimportant fighters fighting in front of a record audience at a historic event becomes pretty important.

I’d rather have the 10-11 awesome fights on a card even if they’re not the main event instead of one great fight for sure, although it’s always a let down when the main event everyone is most excited for turns out shitty

Amazing card. I usually don't mind boring fights regardless of whether they're main events or not, if I know the fighters involved and their style. Only way I'd mind is if it's a fight between two historically violent dudes and it ends up being a stalemate.

For example, I enjoyed Till vs Wonderboy because I knew what to expect from the both of them. I also hated Carvalho vs Manhoef 1 in Bellator because that was an uneventful fight between two KO artists.

I'll take Amazing card + Boring main

Even if it's boring the main event is interesting in some way and we'll all discuss it afterwards

Amazing card & boring main event.
There's only so many times I'm willing to sit through 3 hours of shit fights to get to a good main event.

I don't know..

200.gif

All I ask for is a card worth $65...

the fight i care about to be good

I know it’ll be the cool thing to say the whole card but the main event matters the most. If your premiere slot isn’t interesting your event isn’t period.

Regardless I love bad ass fights so I prefer each card be as stacked as possible but one or the other ? Gotta go with a compelling main event

All I ask for is a card worth $65...

Do you feel any are?
In 2018 if you compare what you get sitting at home for free (or a low monthly sub) I don't see it.
That is why most PPV purchases are a multiple of people chipping in.

As a fan of the sport I really like watching new guys in the ufc. Like Alex Hernandez koing Dariush was majorly exciting. And I have really enjoyed both contender series cards. But it’s even better when the main event is on point like Ken Fresno said cause then the whole night is a buildup. I bet tomorrow’s card turns out decent

Back