Amateur in Muay Thai

JustFlowWithIt402

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just wondering on opinions on how long you should wait before going am in Muay Thai.

Depends on you really. I'd say average is six months if training full time. Year and a half to two years if not? Really though, it is totally mental. If you can last through 25 min sparring and mentally feel ok to fight, I say do it.

test yourself in your gym's smoker (if it has them). If you can make it through a smoker fight withought getting ktfo ro collapsing at the end of 25 min then why not.

What's this 25 minute shit? lol. What gym's smokers are 25 minute muay thai fights? 3x3min usually for us. 5 rounds for title.

What's this 25 minute shit? lol. What gym's smokers are 25 minute muay thai fights? 3x3min usually for us. 5 rounds for title.
When i had my first fight, i could spar for maybe an hour, but when i entered the ring for the fight, my arms felt like spaghetti even before i stepped in the ring.

There is no real answer to it though, you should fight either when you or your coach feels like you're ready.

Back