Amanda Nunes Open to Fighting Cyborg

Cyborg vs. Nunes

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
While others have demurred about talking about a fight with Cyborg, Nunes was candid. Preparing for a bigger, dangerous opponent — Cyborg is the most dominant female fighter ever and walks around 170 pounds — would take plenty of preparation, she said.

. . .

“I’d have to do a lot of things to fight Cyborg. Cyborg is way heavier, way bigger than me. I’d have to change all my training style to fight Cyborg. This is another thing I’d have to go over with my coaches.”

. . .

“. . . I cleaned out the division already. I beat all the tops in this division before I got the belt. When I got the belt, I beat the best one. ... [Later] for sure I’m gonna do something else. Try to do something else, go down, go up. We’ll see.”

--MMAFighting

She should focus on Valentina first. And not pulling out of fights the day of.

what happened to yesterdays thread where Amanda said she wasn't interested in the fight? lol.. <Lmaoo>

Soundz like she's just talking sh*t. She never said specifically it's what she wants... she even mentioned going down instead of up.

OH MY GASH!

SHE HAS DISGRACED BRAZIL BY ASKING FOR THIS FIGHT!

After Valentina beats the crap out of her in September, then let Nunez fight Cyborg for dessert. That's the perfect recipe from this tiresome cockiness.

“I’d have to do a lot of things to fight Cyborg. Cyborg is way heavier, way bigger than me. I’d have to change all my training style to fight Cyborg. This is another thing I’d have to go over with my coaches.”

“Try to do something else, go down, go up. We’ll see.”

This is Nunes wanting to fight cyborg?

Sounds like GSP whenever they asked him about fighting Silva...

<GSPWoah>

After Cyborg's done with Holm I'd like to see the Megan fight and then maybe Nunes/Shev winner. 145 is dead, both of those are better choices than most 145ers...but I doubt Nunes would take the fight. I think Shev would, she's got moxy.

Lol. No she isn't. She shot that idea down as soon as she got the belt: she wants no part of Cyborg whilst both are in the ufc.

This is Nunes wanting to fight cyborg?

Sounds like GSP whenever they asked him about fighting Silva...

<GSPWoah>
Exactly what it sounded like. "Basically I need 12 months to even remotely close the gap between us and even then I'm not sure"

Dana:
"Fuck, nvm then"

She hasn't even beat Valentina she wants to face Cyborg?

They all want to fight Cyborg until they have to fight Cyborg....then they have "personal" problems.

“. . . I cleaned out the division already. I beat all the tops in this division before I got the belt. When I got the belt, I beat the best one. ... [Later] for sure I’m gonna do something else. Try to do something else, go down, go up. We’ll see.”

This girl is fucking retarded and she's about to lose her belt.Smashed by Cat Zingano also.

They all want to fight Cyborg until they have to fight Cyborg....then they have "personal" problems.
Nunes would call it off because of a runny nose. She's a professional, she knows that personal issue crap doesn't cut it.

Just tell me how they hell she will go to 125 lbs? Is she retarded? She got few girls to fight at 135 lbs: Shev, Raquel, and maybe even Holly.

If she is asking for Cyborg she must have
brass cahoneys since most fighters are not
willing to put there well being or health on the
line to face her.

I've seen Nunes beat up bigger male fighters at the gym. Not UFC caliber fighters of course but some good up and comers who had weight advatage on her. She hits really hard and I never thought a woman can drop normal men with punches let a lone trained men. She's very aggressive and hits like a man but she has cardio issues and when she's put in tough positions she quits. I'd favor her over Cyborg but I really think Holly and Cat both beat her. She still has a good chance at beating anyone ,of course, due to her power punches. Seeing how she dropped those guys with punches changed my perspective on her. I advice everyone to drop by her gym and see her spar!

I'm not getting how she's open to that fight<23>I can tell you what I would need to do to fight Mark Hunt. That doesn't mean I'm open and willing to do so.

I guess her statement is open to interpretation though <Fedor23>

All I know is after seeing how long Evinger was able to withstand Cyborg I'd like to see Cyborg fight any top comp from Holly to Amanda to Valentina, etc....

EDIT: I feel like Cybort may be a myth bubble waiting to burst. I was shocked that she wasn't able to put Kish away more easily.

Last edited:
She says these things because she knows Cyborg won't accept the fight.
(Plot twist) Cyborg accepts.

<{jackyeah}>

She should be in this weight class anyhow - ditto a few others.

Back