AM radio

DiegoLunes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have been told for decades that AM radio was going away. I still listen to it and it seems to be doing fairly well. FM radio seems the most impacted by the new technology.

Anyone else still listen to AM?

There is one sports channel I listen to at times. AM is only good for talk radio. Music sounds terrible on it

There is one sports channel I listen to at times. AM is only good for talk radio. Music sounds terrible on it
Yeah, I thought it was mainly for talk radio. There is still a lot of good talk shows on AM.

Ever since I was in the navy I can hear AM radio in my brain on a clear day. It's OK.

I always listen to AM radio. All the best talk radio and news is on there. Also sports channels. I live near Toronto so its 590, 640, 680, 1010, 1050.

I haven't listened to AM radio since the 1960s when car radios only had AM.

No, because I'm not old as fuck or a religious Republican lunatic. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

If anything, fm radio should have gone away long ago. I get why am radio is still around. I'm always down to listen to a good conversation.

In reality, it is the last bastion of right-wing political influence. You have all these dumbass hick hayseed motherfuckers living with no internet access out in the sticks and the only way they can get any kind of entertainment at all besides fucking their horses and sisters is to get drunk or high on meth and listen to AM talk radio. It's Rush and Hannity and O'Reilly The Rapist's primary audience.

I thought AM radio was for spies and shit to send secret codes...

I always listen to AM radio. All the best talk radio and news is on there. Also sports channels. I live near Toronto so its 590, 640, 680, 1010, 1050.
Who do you listen to on 1010?

If anything, fm radio should have gone away long ago. I get why am radio is still around. I'm always down to listen to a good conversation.

Norway switched off it's FM radio stations and went to digital OTA a couple of days ago. Hopefully someone goes over there and tries to buy up all the vintage radios that are going to get thrown out.
I bought an old radio at a garage sale years ago because it looked neat, now I've got over 40 of the damn things.

No, because I'm not old as fuck or a religious Republican lunatic. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

I listen to the sports ball talk shows on AM.

Who do you listen to on 1010?
I think it's Moore in the morning then two guys in the evening. I jump back and forth with 640 depending on what they are talking about.

I've always found it funny how you can't listen to a station from your own home town at night but you can pick up stations from across the country.

or Mexico: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XEROK-AM

AM radio waves can travel further distances then FM. also FM radio waves are affected by mountains and other physical barriers and AM radio waves are not.

I see this is not a thread about the Everclear song titled AM Radio. I like that song.

Back