Am I wrong to think that submissions shouldn’t win you the fight?

TS, go ahead and look up the definition of the word "submission."

I remember learning the word submission.

It was WCW Wargames, I was maybe 4. They announce "win by pinfall or submission' and I had to ask what that was. I was petrified. The idea of Hawk or Animal being beaten into such weak states where they had to beg for mercy was terrifying. I didn't think that was possible for a grown man. I wasn't thinking of armbars. I was thinking of The Road Warriors ramming their spikes into people's eyes till they screamed for mercy, full of blood and tears.

I was sweating before the match started.

Gladiator fighting is cool. No getting out of there on your own free will!

RAWR

tenor.gif

OP trolling trying to get people to passionately support BJJ and subs. It seems to be working. But why @PrideJitZoo just why?

Edit: It appears he may be serious <{ByeHomer}>

Yes, you are wrong.

You do realize that a choke in an actual fight can KILL someone, no?

That triangle choke silver got on chael would have killed him, if not released...same with all chokes.

Submissions should only count when a 115lb female is making a 205lb male tap out

I'd give any 115lb girl a thousand bucks if she could tap me out...not going to happen...unless of course, i let her wrap her arm around my neck..only way.

IMO submissions should get you a 10-8 round unless your opponent goes to sleep/can’t tap out of it. So many great fights have ended ebruply by submissions that arn’t even lethal. I mean who really thinks Anderson “beat” Chael? How can you call someone the winner when you got beat up decisively for 5 rounds but just cause you wrapped your legs around a guy’s neck for a couple seconds you’re therefore the “winner”?
This is one of the dumbest things I've read on Sherdog ... and I've been here twelve years.

Actually, staying here for twelve years may be even dumber.

IMO submissions should get you a 10-8 round unless your opponent goes to sleep/can’t tap out of it. So many great fights have ended ebruply by submissions that arn’t even lethal. I mean who really thinks Anderson “beat” Chael? How can you call someone the winner when you got beat up decisively for 5 rounds but just cause you wrapped your legs around a guy’s neck for a couple seconds you’re therefore the “winner”?

u must not watched the end of the fight. chael was in a triangle and arm bar at the same time.

chael tapped cause if he didn't he have been put to sleep with a broken arm.

if u want to see people striking there this thing called boxing.

If you tap you're basically admitting the other guy is able to cripple or kill you. So yeah it should count as a win.

tenor.gif

You can't be serious....

The winner of a fight, in any context, is the one who stops the opponent from being able to continue or want to continue. It can't get any simpler than that, what you are saying makes so little god damn sense, it is baffling. Someone could be getting tooled for 33 seconds in a street fight but suddenly slip a punch and land a crushing over hand right that KOs the other guy, guess what? He is the winner, plain and fucking simple. The guy sleeping fucking loses, whether that is because he got caught by a right hook or an arm triangle, he loses all the same, for the same reason.

Yeah but armbars arn’t lethal. I don’t think every submission should be treated the same.
So you believe you should only win a fight doing a move that is LETHAL against your opponent?

Hmm...you're stupid.

Back