Am I wrong about this 2v1 rule

Against 2 people, I believe the MT clinch is a good compromise between grappling and striking...
If you have a good level in it, and your opponent has no clue, it's not that hard to control him and keep him between you and the second guy... And you are still able to strike, with the intent to incapacitate him, leaving you in a 1v1 situation...

But I also believe that any situation is different, and one should rely on his experience to make the most of it... A judoka could ko the first guy, with a face plant on the concrete really quick too, making the second guy a lot more hesitant to engage...
But you have to be confident/experienced enough to use it out there, and that something some people will never have, specially if there is no self defense training, or at least no hard sparring...

The only real two moves than can be used is the snap down to standing guillotine or the double collar Muay Thai clinch really.

Having been in a number of such situations, the reality is that it is better, but rarely possible to keep it standing. Wrestling plays a big part in maintaining balance an escaping back to your feet. When fighting numbers you're always looking for the equaliser.

The only real two moves than can be used is the snap down to standing guillotine or the double collar Muay Thai clinch really.
not really. i have used a number of wrestling moves to save my bacon in multiple person confrontations.

Cheat! You know a couple of punks want to fight, why let them choose the time and place they attack you? Disrupt the established pattern of harassment that they're comfortable with.

If this is an on going situation where you're getting hassled, next time you sense them setting up to start something out of no where pop one and go after the other. Chances are two punks are each scared to do what one can't do alone.

Most punks are all wind and threats. If they invade your personal space that can be considered aggressive as long as you keep repeating that to authorities.

Legally as soon as they cry "uncle" you have to stop attacking or you risk assault charges in my state, so remember that.

1. Keeping Balanced

^^^ this is baloney, as long as you call it "grappling" you can lose whatever balance you want and it no longer matters

Back