Am I the only one who thinks Wlad will destroy Furry this time?

KOfinger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wlad wasn't himself in the first fight. He fought restricted. Probably furry got in his had, also injuries, and the fact that he fought under the pressure of being champ and beaing undefeated.

I think wlad is just way too fast, strong and explosive for furry. I have wlad by tko round 8.

Wlad was EXACTLY himself in the first fight, and that is precisely why he lost in one of the most boring fights ever in the sport.

It should not surprize anybody if we see a carbon copy of the first fight.

Tyson's too big and knows how to use those advantages well. Klitschko isn't used to not being the taller bigger man, could not adjust the first time and I doubt he adjusts the second time.

Wlad wasn't himself in the first fight. He fought restricted. Probably furry got in his had, also injuries, and the fact that he fought under the pressure of being champ and beaing undefeated.

I think wlad is just way too fast, strong and explosive for furry. I have wlad by tko round 8.

Watch other Vlad fights.... he does have a strong tendency to fight like that.
His fight with Sultan Ibragimov was one of the worst fights I've ever seen.
He KOd Calvin Brock, but prior to that Manny was begging and screaming at him to start punching.

Wlad might be shot. When you can't pull the trigger anymore, it's time to hang it up

I think he will win the rematch. It is a hugely important fight for his legacy, and he is a guy who cares about his legacy.

I also just don't like Tyson Fury. So maybe I'm biased. The guy has been incredibly annoying ever since winning that fight.

Contrary to common opinion, Wlad has fought a several guys his size or bigger Before Fury. Wach, Austin, McCline, Jefferson and Wolfgramm were all huge HWs, and he didn't have the same problems. He's just getting old, and his physical advantages in speed and coordination over those big guys are dissipating.

I like the typo in the title of this thread, btw. it reads funnier that way.

He really had trouble pulling the trigger. When he did in the last round it looked like fury started falling apart so a wlad win would not surprise me.

most of the time, the winner of the first fight wins the second one easier. many notable exceptions but you gotta go with boxing history.

68 pro fights at 40 years old against a much younger, bigger and mobile fighter?

Highly unlikely he wins the rematch

I don't think he's a guy who loves boxing but do think he cares about his legacy and that leads me to believe he's going to fight much more aggressively.

Fury seems off his mental game and has been looking softer than usual.

Klitchko has got this in the bag.

If Wlad would have just taken more chances he would have won. He probably knows that. The thing that I think will be the difference in the rematch is Wlad now knows Fury can beat him so I'm sure he's a lot more focused. The exact opposite is true for Fury, he's been talking like he doesn't care and has looked more out of shape than usual. While Wlad is on the decline, I still think it's a fight he should win 9/10 times.

I think he will win the rematch. It is a hugely important fight for his legacy, and he is a guy who cares about his legacy.

I also just don't like Tyson Fury. So maybe I'm biased. The guy has been incredibly annoying ever since winning that fight.

I will pay attention to this post. I will comfort you if your desires don't come to fruition.

Tyson gave Wlad (a past his prime one admittedly) a boring boxing lesson, but a lesson nonetheless. He gave him no target to land his jab. If he can't land his touch jab first then he isn't comfortable throwing his right hand or any power punches that aren't setup off of it for that matter. He was taught this by Steward and programmed this way. Tyson knew this and exploited it by using movement and good defense to nullify that jab and land his own shots to beat him on points. This has already been discussed.

Fury beats him on points in the rematch again or Wlad throws caution to the wind and knocks him out. In doing that, he risks getting knocked out himself. Wlad has no inside game at all, other than clinching, he's a pure, powerful out-fighter. Manny Steward taught him to master his range control and use his reach advantage to constantly control distance/spacing from outside. Tyson has the reach advantage, can avoid his jab to set up his harder punches and can land counter punches, so that's why he lost.

I talked about this here a while ago and posted an article about it. Tyson was confident in beating Wlad the first time because he knew exactly what made Wlad tick and how to neutralize and beat it.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/face-to-face-fury-klitschko.3265995/#post-117750701
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2016/06/fury-vs-klitschko-boxing-lesson

Last edited:
Wladimir is punch averse, the big man's feints and unorthodox movement simply through him off, to win the rematch he will have to do something he's never before, accept getting punched in the face. I don't think he will be able, I also don't think he's shot, that's a cop-out.

I
Contrary to common opinion, Wlad has fought a several guys his size or bigger Before Fury. Wach, Austin, McCline, Jefferson and Wolfgramm were all huge HWs, and he didn't have the same problems. He's just getting old, and his physical advantages in speed and coordination over those big guys are dissipating.

Fair to say they have only fought 2 good big guys with reach? And 0-2 against them.. when the 1 , 111 2 aint working. Always wondered why they didnt take the strap from Valuev

Yes, only an idiot would think so.

Only dummies are blinded by Fury's mouth and can't see his skill at this point.

Wlad promising he is gonna let his hands fly this time sounds quite mouth watering. A great man with nothing left to lose is dangerous.

Back