Am I the only one that thinks Conor has a chance against Floyd?

49-0 GOAT defensive fighter vs 0-0 amateur

{<jordan}

bXy9j_s-200x150.gif

The guy who's barely a amateur boxer going up against a true boxing GOAT, at least you'll get that pay...

you guys are discussing this as if connor and floyd are equal athletes lol

you guys probably think the best street basketball player is as talented as an NBA player lol

god some of you clowns are retarded

connor has never faced anyone as fast floyd ever

the sheer difference in athletic ability alone puts connor on the back foot lol

No you dont sound like a jerk, you sound like an expert, like most Sherdoggers :)

btw likely been watching longer than you kiddo so dont be one of those people who call out others knowledge for combat sports, its lame and over an opinion clearly you dont agree with, thats fine.

You can watch it as long as you want but it won't matter if you dont know what you are watching or why they are doing it.

That must explain your lack of a counter argument.

I might throw 100 bucks on Conor, have no confidence he will win but it's still a relative mystery what Conor looks like in pure boxing.

But just because this is a boxing match doesnt mean Floyd shouldnt be worried about a kick. Conor wants to win the fight even if he has to go out the rules I can see that. One spinning kick to show Floyd (at a distance) he could be hit with a cheap shot might have him hesitant and wondering... if he is in there with someone that wants to really box him, or just beat him up any way possible to be the guy standing still? Even if he were to lose obviously. Its been a thought, not just mine.

Are you serious? A kick?

But just because this is a boxing match doesnt mean Floyd shouldnt be worried about a kick. Conor wants to win the fight even if he has to go out the rules I can see that. One spinning kick to show Floyd (at a distance) he could be hit with a cheap shot might have him hesitant and wondering... if he is in there with someone that wants to really box him, or just beat him up any way possible to be the guy standing still? Even if he were to lose obviously. Its been a thought, not just mine.

Yes, that's exactly what it means. It's like saying that Floyd might be worried about Conor kicking him in the balls because he wants to "cheap shot" him. You are an absolute moron for giving this "theory" any credence whatsoever. And the fact that there have been other people saying this should prove to most intelligent people how delusional the people who think Conor can/will win are.

Last edited:
Different rules, different gloves, different footwear, different ring layout - he will do about as well in boxing as Michael Jordan did at baseball.

Conor fans refuse to see alot of the VERY important details here... Gloves are one of them... He's gonna lose hand speed, power and drain faster because of the bigger gloves... He's gonna struggle to connect because he has never fought someone with the footwork and movement Floyd has, and Conor has never fought a competitive boxer in just boxing... the movement is worlds apart when you don't have to worry about kicks, knees, elbows, takedowns or clinches... His fans seem to think that the sports translate... they do, but EXTREMELY loosely...

I give Conor zero chance of winning... I think its going to be an accomplishment if Conor can even land clean on Floyd... And I don't like him or Floyd.

First I will say, I am NOT at all a Conor McGregor fan. I will admit to his phenomenal talent and would support any MMA fighter against Floyd Mayweather IF they had a chance, I believe in this case they do.

The fight is more likely to happen now that even Dana White is claiming that its "likely to happen", besides whether or not you think it will happen or not is irrelevant we can still discuss what would happen. Also Mayweather announced last week that he is no longer retired and that he wants to finally get it out with UFC star Conor McGregor after months of verbal jousting between the pair.

Mayweather is considered to be the best boxer in the world today arguably ever. That being said, he is a retired fighter, at the age of 40. Conor is in the prime of his career and unlike most fighters he likes to specialize in movement which contributes to lots of his success in the octagon. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was a stale mate for a good while since both fighters are extremely great in defensive striking/countering.

I believe Conor has more of a chance than many critics give him and that's understandable. 49 boxers tried to dethrone Mayweeather and 49 failed. They were boxers and I think the fact that Conor is not a boxer but a completely different style that Mayweather hasnt seen yet will be what causes him to lose by knockout. I think Conor will prove to be quicker and will get to Floyd like others couldnt both with the trash talk and in the ring. Conor has the edge.

By the way it annoys me when people like Chael Sonnen...claim Conor has no chance because "its the same as a boxer stepping into an octagon, they will lose!" "we seen with James Toney", OK thats a given Chael...you should know out of all people, ANY fight that involves grounding an opponent that doesnt have the ground skill offense/defense will likely lose, its really common sense in that aspect.
One thing I haven't heard anybody mention is , say mcgregor does drop floyd than what ? Floyd gets a standing 8 count to recover . So McGregor actually has to drop him 3 times in 1 round or clean KO him . I'm not liking those odds

Conor has no chance outside of a shot-from-the-heavens, perfect punch. I'm a long time boxing fan, before I got into MMA, I'm a Conor fan also -- I'm telling you, he has next to 0 chance. Conor is a really good boxer by MMA standards, but MMA fighters boxing is generally basic. There are so many nuances to boxing that you don't see in MMA. Conor's got a good left hand, and he has pretty admirable timing with that hand, but he has little else that I've seen. He can't fight on the inside, he hardly uses his right hand. He also seems to have a limited gas tank, and boxing is an endurance sport.
Most top level boxers have 30-50 pro fights, and many have amateur experience. If this fight goes through, Conor will get completely embarrassed, and it's a bit of a shame. Floyd is licking his lips at the prospect of this fight, because it'll be the easiest 100 million he's ever earned.

Last edited:
If he brings himself a baseball bat into the ring, then sure...why not?

Probably, even with a size advantage I doubt it would make much of a difference.

Canelo Alvarez is roughly the same size and reckon hits a lot harder and couldn't even faze Floyd at all.

Conor is in this for a huge payday, I'd give him close to 0 chance of winning.

I think they will somehow make it look close to have a reason for a rematch

One thing I haven't heard anybody mention is , say mcgregor does drop floyd than what ? Floyd gets a standing 8 count to recover . So McGregor actually has to drop him 3 times in 1 round or clean KO him . I'm not liking those odds
No, "take the head clean off", remember?

Probably, even with a size advantage I doubt it would make much of a difference.

Canelo Alvarez is roughly the same size and reckon hits a lot harder and couldn't even faze Floyd at all.

Conor is in this for a huge payday, I'd give him close to 0 chance of winning.
Then you should place bet at 6-1 odds, why not?

I think they will somehow make it look close to have a reason for a rematch
That would be money in their faces. Having three entertaining fights, with those two characters, they could make like a billion dollars each. That would be some pimp juice.

Back